Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

I read it differently.  I don't think you go back in time, you just start now at 6 with the knowledge.  With the way the world is going, give me the $10 million, and I'll check out in the next 20 years or so.

Option 1, go back in time to when we were 6, and do it all over again, except I know what I know today? Or,
Option 2, start today as a 6 yr old…

If option 1, I could make more than the $10m, then make another decision to take the red/blue pill all over again? Rinse n repeat. Interesting, but hard pass.

If option 2, fuck all of that noise!

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

Option 1, go back in time to when we were 6, and do it all over again, except I know what I know today? Or,

If option 1, I could make more than the $10m, then make another decision to take the red/blue pill all over again? Rinse n repeat. Interesting, but hard pass.

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

Yeah, as @PvilleStang points out above, Option 1 boils down to "how content are you with your current life?" - you're not going to have the same friends, spouse, kids, etc., in 2023 if you go back in time to whenever you were 6 and have 20-70+ (or 130+, in Brat's case) years of advance knowledge. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Ages 6-adulthood would absolutely suck.  You wouldn't just get to relive your childhood but with investing in stock.  You aren't going to have any friends because everyone in your peer group are complete morons.  Even if you could play dumb enough to fit in, you would have no joy in anything you did.  The only positives would be a lot more money and getting to spend more time with lost family members.  Not to mention how living years like that would do to your mental health when you reach adulthood.

• Like 1

Ages 6-adulthood would absolutely suck.  You wouldn't just get to relive your childhood but with investing in stock.  You aren't going to have any friends because everyone in your peer group are complete morons.  Even if you could play dumb enough to fit in, you would have no joy in anything you did.  The only positives would be a lot more money and getting to spend more time with lost family members.  Not to mention how living years like that would do to your mental health when you reach adulthood.
Agreed. As well as having to repeat grades 1 through 12 again would be a beating. Would be much better if you could start over at 18yrs old and starting college. I'll take the$10 million now because ages 6 through 17 will suck
  • Hook 'Em 1

If you’re 6 and also have the 10 million to invest in all the companies you know are going to be huge is one thing. Trying to talk your dad into investing in Apple, etc. when you’re 9 is something completely different. Trying to break into investing with your allowance and lawn mowing money as a pre teen is just going to make you miserable knowing the opportunities are out there but you’re too young and broke to participate.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

If you’re 6 and also have the 10 million to invest in all the companies you know are going to be huge is one thing. Trying to talk your dad into investing in Apple, etc. when you’re 9 is something completely different. Trying to break into investing with your allowance and lawn mowing money as a pre teen is just going to make you miserable knowing the opportunities are out there but you’re too young and broke to participate.

Do I know about Google and Facebook ect at that age and nobody else does? Might be worth considering. Yes hot tub time machine is real. 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Imagine if your 6 year old son said he had a hot stock tip for you.  I’m sure your would rush out and invest heavily in it

Imagine that your 10 year old son has demonstrated a history of uncanny insight for four years. Think you might eventually take him seriously? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

This has happened to me, in fact.  It makes for a, how shall we say, rude awakening.

fun way to say you're incontinent.  just buy some diapers.

Imagine if your 6 year old son said he had a hot stock tip for you.  I’m sure your would rush out and invest heavily in it

yeah but what if they convinced you they were from the future.  then would you rush out and invest?

However, as a 6yr old, you’ll know all the hot toys to ask for and never take out of the box.

At the very least you’ll know to stock the fuck out of certain things leading up to March 2020?

Once you can gamble, ypu could clean up at the sports book?

I’d just take the $10M. While everybody is talking about how one could or could not make money the other interesting thing is how much would one have the ability to change history. For instance could one stop a 9/11?

And if you were capable of changing history, to what extent do the rolling effects of what you change ultimately move the needle enough to where that which you knew no longer is useful information.

• Like 1

I’d just take the $10M. While everybody is talking about how one could or could not make money the other interesting thing is how much would one have the ability to change history. For instance could one stop a 9/11?

And if you were capable of changing history, to what extent do the rolling effects of what you change ultimately move the needle enough to where that which you knew no longer is useful information.

But, you would (if you live through it), get to make the choice all over again, go back to being 6, or this time, take the money and run.

9/11, becomes 9/12! Then, next, is some other date, on and on…

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Stonks thread: "And that's how I got here" moment.

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

While everybody is talking about how one could or could not make money the other interesting thing is how much would one have the ability to change history. For instance could one stop a 9/11?

I've watched enough sci fi movies to know this doesn't end well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, General Specific said:

But, you would (if you live through it), get to make the choice all over again, go back to being 6, or this time, take the money and run.

9/11, becomes 9/12! Then, next, is some other date, on and on…

But you could go back and have Bin Laden killed.  Or in Army's case, both Bin Laden and Hitler.

• Haha 1