(21) Texas at (6) Kansas at 3pm on ESPN.

SDG

1 minute ago, pacman said:

64% FT%, 34% FG% for Texas

Well, KU only shot 31% from the field, so I don't feel like that's the difference necessarily. KU has missed a ton of shots 2 feet and in.

36 free throws to 19 free throws. 28 free throws made to 13 free throws made.

We had 4 more turnovers. 7 less rebounds. Two more made 3 point shots. 

But the free throws were clearly the difference.

Doesn't matter. I'm super proud of this team. 

• Hook 'Em 3

FTs the difference for a team that shot them really well all year. This team isn’t perfect, but I love these dudes - they play hard as fuck and don’t quit.

TCOB against TCU on Thursday and we get another shot at these fucks in 6 days….

Edited by Ignatius

This team lacks the IT factor. I am happy with the season given what Beard had coming in but we are not going to be a top tier team until we bring in some blue chippers. The way I see it, the top 3 teams in the league are a notch above the rest because they  have better talent. Coaching is good top to bottom.

8 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

The guards didn’t lose it today … we got beat inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guards or bigs. Texas is toast if they get a bad matchup in the tourney. I love the way this team works and like Beard’s system. He needs a more well rounded team and it may take a couple of years to get there.

Askew is a waterbug, we need his athleticism on the court.  He's not TJ Ford, nobody claimed he was, but he creates openings simply because opposition needs to account for him.  I like his game.  I think he'll be a borderline all-conference guard next year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Askew is a waterbug, we need his athleticism on the court.  He's not TJ Ford, nobody claimed he was, but he creates openings simply because opposition needs to account for him.  I like his game.  I think he'll be a borderline all-conference guard next year.

How many all conference guards can’t score 10ppg? He has to have a jumper and be able to score some to make all conference. If he got one then yea I agree.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Guards or bigs. Texas is toast if they get a bad matchup in the tourney. I love the way this team works and like Beard’s system. He needs a more well rounded team and it may take a couple of years to get there.

Say what you want but I actually think if Texas matches uP with KU in the tournament we’ll have a good chance to win that game. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I also think he’s going to be good next year after some development under Beard. Definitely excited for it

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Say what you want but I actually think if Texas matches uP with KU in the tournament we’ll have a good chance to win that game. 

I think we have a shot in the big 12 tourney sans Baylor.  A matchup at the big dance with guards like Flagler from Baylor or any team with inside bigs over 6’10” are not good matchups for this team. Especially with Mitchell missing and Disu not getting back into a regular rotation.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Probably the most bitch-ass post I'll ever make:

Can't really fault our 'Horns. It's extremely difficult to overcome the eight guys on the floor, willing KU to another win at the Phog.

You know part of that is credit to Bill Self. He works the officials hard all game.  I think he gets in their head. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

How many all conference guards can’t score 10ppg? He has to have a jumper and be able to score some to make all conference. If he got one then yea I agree.

Well, he's at 15 mpg right now.  Doubling that obviously helps.  I also think he's rounding into a more effective scorer.  We'll see.  

You do realize I said "borderlin" all-conference, right?  I'm not predicting lottery pick or anything.  I think he can be effective, because he's lightning quick, reasonably adept with the ball in his hands, and . . . none of our other guys are that.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, he's at 15 mpg right now.  Doubling that obviously helps.  I also think he's rounding into a more effective scorer.  We'll see.  

You do realize I said "borderlin" all-conference, right?  I'm not predicting lottery pick or anything.  I think he can be effective, because he's lightning quick, reasonably adept with the ball in his hands, and . . . none of our other guys are that.

Yea but his range is worse than a 4th grader. College basketball needs guards that can score. That’s why a dorky 6’4 white boy from northern Iowa can drop 25 a game against a future lottery pick then never sniff professional basketball. For college I will take the dorky 6’4 white kid than can shoot. If he developed a jumper he could easily jump into that category.

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

unreal atmosphere. never quite seen anything like it. 

Told you that you were going to love it and best basketball experience/venue I’ve ever had. 
I’ve never been to Cameron but I assume that’s the only venue that holds a candle to the Phog. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea but his range is worse than a 4th grader. College basketball needs guards that can score. That’s why a dorky 6’4 white boy from northern Iowa can drop 25 a game against a future lottery pick then never sniff professional basketball. For college I will take the dorky 6’4 white kid than can shoot. If he developed a jumper he could easily jump into that category.

He has a nice shot, though.  I'm hopeful that Beard can clear out whatever cobwebs are holding Devin back.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He has a nice shot, though.  I'm hopeful that Beard can clear out whatever cobwebs are holding Devin back.

I can't remember seeing Askew make a shot.  He didn't today, and the googles tell me that he's 24-59 on FGs this year, so I don't have any idea how you've concluded that he has a nice shot.

11 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

i’m happy overall.   

That's for losers. Kansas had no legs left and we should have won the game, especially when it went an extra 5 minutes. Gotta seize those opportunities.

If you're whining about the officiating then you're a loser as well. The referees were fine. Our execution, and free throws, weren't. That's why we lost.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't remember seeing Askew make a shot.  He didn't today, and the googles tell me that he's 24-59 on FGs this year, so I don't have any idea how you've concluded that he has a nice shot.

So you didn't watch the Baylor game?

Askew has a good shot. He just doesn't use it unless he's checked off every possible box to pass it to someone else.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

If you're whining about the officiating then you're a loser as well. The referees were fine. Our execution, and free throws, weren't. That's why we lost.

This is hilarious. There's definitely too much whining about officiating on this site (or any site, really), but blanket statements defending poor officiating are even worse. Forty percent of KU's points came from the foul line.

• Hook 'Em 1