2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why?  Only Maldonado can call a good game. All our teams pitching success is due to Maldy. 

I think it was earlier this season when Abreu was struggling that Machete threatened him with getting sent back to Sugar Land. How far he has come.

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Can we talk about Pina for a second? He has struck 0 times in the postseason.  Has caught a ton of shit but he shines under the big lights.

If you would have told me in March that we would have a deep playoff run and experience zero drop-off from Correa at the SS position, I would have put you on ignore for having very dumb baseball opinions.  

shit.  I totally misread this.  Yes… If you would have told me in August that Piña would be our most consistent hitter in the postseason… same as above.  

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Can we talk about Pina for a second? He has struck 0 times in the postseason.  Has caught a ton of shit but he shines under the big lights.

You should see how this thread was shitting on him all year long. KInda makes you wonder why Dusty sticks with veterans like him and Aledmys.......

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

If you would have told me in March that we would have a deep playoff run and experience zero drop-off from Correa at the SS position, I would have put you on ignore for having very dumb baseball opinions.  

Pina…Peña 

image.gif.834d2128e4a5d4ebeb924831d0ff1b99.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Just like yesterday didn't matter today, today won't matter tomorrow.  We need a great start from JV (he's due) and some long-overdue hitting.  Maybe kick their ass so badly that we put in Will Smith, just to make them feel even worse.

Yep. Enjoy it tonight, but tomorrow, fuck the past.

Given Verlander's World Series futility, game 5 is way too monumental to find out if he can get out of a jam. The Phillies will be handing the ball over to their bullpen early in the game most likely, so its not the worst thing in the world for us to do the same if needed. Dusty needs to have a short leash on Verlander.

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Given Verlander's World Series futility, game 5 is way too monumental to find out if he can get out of a jam. The Phillies will be handing the ball over to their bullpen early in the game most likely, so its not the worst thing in the world for us to do the same if needed. Dusty needs to have a short leash on Verlander.

My sunny-side-up disposition says the pitching coaches have said the same and dared Verlander to pitch like his life depended on it....and he is up to the challenge.

Charlie didn’t start
Game 7 of the ALCS. Charlie shut down the Yankees after being blown up in NY in Game 3. LMJ got the save with those legendary 24 curveballs in a row.

Of course, the Charlie/LMJ roles were reversed in Game 7 of the World Series, and that's probably what you're thinking of.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

two passed through the line up, then we keep a very close eye on things