2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

well fuck, stop the press !!!!

rice football has a game tonight too. fuck me. i anyone out there tailgating yet ?

FgqBHoaXkAAJzaj?format=jpg&name=large

Damn, if this was still a travel day I might have gone out there.  Probably not though.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Going on 30 yrs since I've had Texadelphia.  Is it still any good?  My memory (strongly influenced by four years of heavy binge drinking) places it on "food of the Gods" level.

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Pretty sure most trivia nights frown on having phones out at the table.

Oh shit... I forgot this aspect.

13 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Going on 30 yrs since I've had Texadelphia.  Is it still any good?  My memory (strongly influenced by four years of heavy binge drinking) places it on "food of the Gods" level.

According to those who have been there recently, it's become garbage.

So I've heard.

I remember it being ambrosia-level, too.

3 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

This might be an issue going forward.

Meet the man responsible for bringing Astros' pitching aces to Houston (msn.com)

He's leaving for the Miami Marlins.

He was with the Pirates from January 2020 until February of this year, when he came back here.  We've lost him once and survived, we can do it again.

(Not trying to minimize his contributions, he's a rockstar for sure.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dr99 said:

Hopefully this is coach speak even though Dusty is a players manager to a fault

I can't imagine any reason for him to answer that question truthfully, even if he does plan to have JV on a very short leash. Wouldn't exactly be a great way to build the guy's confidence.

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

According to those who have been there recently, it's become garbage.

So I've heard.

I remember it being ambrosia-level, too.

The one they opened up in Memorial near Bunker Hill south of I-10 is back to the quality they had back in the day and has a lot of TVs and booze. Texadelphia on Memorial Dr. east of Shepherd back 10-15 years ago was great and had a lot of TVs to watch sports. I miss the original Texadelphia on the Drag.

Edited by Macklemore

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I watched history last night at a local bar, am I supposed to go back to watch it there again? It was awesome. didn't have to listen to the crew suck off Phiily hitters. Fuck you Smoltz, eat that no-no bitch.

You already know the answer to your question.   Get your ass down to that bar NOW. Go Stros.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I watched history last night at a local bar, am I supposed to go back to watch it there again? It was awesome. didn't have to listen to the crew suck off Phiily hitters. Fuck you Smoltz, eat that no-no bitch.

Smoltz is gonna talk about how brave and resilient the Philly hitters are

34 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

13 minutes ago, dr99 said:

Smoltz is gonna talk about how brave and resilient the Philly hitters are

i watched nine innings of muted baseball last night while the wife was at a work thing and the silence was fucking amazing.  i also changed into my air yordan shirt in the 2nd inning.  it's now 3-0 in the postseason so yeah, all those things are happening again.  except the wife part.  dammit.

also how come the phillies get to wear throwbacks but we don't?  they should have one day where both teams do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i watched nine innings of muted baseball last night while the wife was at a work thing and the silence was fucking amazing.  i also changed into my air yordan shirt in the 2nd inning.  it's now 3-0 in the postseason so yeah, all those things are happening again.  except the wife part.  dammit.

also how come the phillies get to wear throwbacks but we don't?  they should have one day where both teams do it.

5995BFD0-C554-4286-95F9-48306187D8CC.gif

Edited by IDIOTsavant