2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

14 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

The crowd was good all night tonight - glad to see we all aren’t taking these games for granted. 

17 - 2 in Ks 😂😂😂

it was really fun counting off the strikeouts with the guys hanging the K signs.  wish the whole stadium would get into it. 

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Asfros are still in must win mode with Cole & Cortes coming up in games 3 & 4 in the Bronx.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU202206300.shtml

And the Astros are gonna throw Javier at the Yankees again vs Cole....

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA202206250.shtml

Edited by Gourmand

35 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Stanton eats steroids for breakfast.

me and the dude next me were yelling 'juuuuuuice' every time he came up. 

24 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

MLB network is saying the roof will be open tonight. Curious decision if true after all the precedents of the league having roof closed.

Michael Scott No GIF

52 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

MLB network is saying the roof will be open tonight. Curious decision if true after all the precedents of the league having roof closed.

This sounds backwards to me.  MLB has always wanted the roof open in the playoffs and the Astros have wanted it closed.  Didn't seem to be an issue until the 2005 World Series when MLB forced the Astros to open it.

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

This sounds backwards to me.  MLB has always wanted the roof open in the playoffs and the Astros have wanted it closed.  Didn't seem to be an issue until the 2005 World Series when MLB forced the Astros to open it.

I don’t know who has wanted what but it seems it always been a league decision. At least this last run of playoffs. As for esthetics, I love open air stadiums. And going to be a great night. But for the Astros, I can see where it can feel like you have lived in a house for 10 years and walk in and the furniture has been moved. Same house, same furniture but something doesn’t feel quite right. Don’t think it will or should be an issue but the home field advantage is about being comfortable in your house. Any decision against what the Astros want is bogus.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

It's all good that the Astros no-hit the MFY back in June during the regular season against Cole.  You are crazy if you think for a picosecond that during the postseason we magically have a pitching advantage in this game because of this previous instance.

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

It's all good that the Astros no-hit the MFY back in June during the regular season against Cole.  You are crazy if you think for a picosecond that during the postseason we magically have a pitching advantage in this game because of this previous instance.

We have a pitching advantage, period.  Are you suggesting the Yankees have an advantage just because of Gerrit Cole?

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

ColeJavierComp1.thumb.jpg.056c71571101899cab6392aff660f094.jpgColeJavierComp2.thumb.jpg.5634ddc15627220bf1e9f6fc1af7d679.jpg

Ain't skeered.

• Hook 'Em 1