Latitude Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett-inspired 55+ Community Coming to Austin/Dallas/Houston

atomheartbevo

Daytona Beach, Hilton Head, Watersound, FL...those all have beaches.  So yeah, it makes perfect sense that they'd open up new communities in Austin, Houston and Dallas.

MLMHH-005340-Barefoot-Bulletin_2_05.jpg

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com/community-photos-watersound

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/latitude-margaritaville-communities-expanding-to-texas-301523916.html

Today, Margaritaville and Minto Communities USA announced that Latitude Margaritaville is expanding into Texas – introducing the Austin, Dallas, and Houston markets to the award-winning and wildly popular communities for those 55 and better.

Latitude Margaritaville communities are being developed by Minto and global lifestyle brand, Margaritaville. These communities are inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of singer, songwriter, and best-selling author Jimmy Buffett whose songs evoke a passion for tropical escape and relaxation. There are currently three Latitude Margaritaville communities: Latitude Margaritaville Daytona Beach, Latitude Margaritaville Watersound near Panama City Beach and Scenic Highway 30A, and Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head, located near Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

"Latitude Margaritaville has redefined how pre-and-active retirement living is viewed forever with a combination of world-class amenities and island-inspired villa, single-family and cottage homes," said Scott Rogers, Minto's newly-appointed Vice President of Acquisition and Development – Texas. He will be based in Dallas and will lead Minto, under license from Margaritaville, in strategic land positioning efforts and establishing a development and operating team in each new market. "I am impressed by the innovative placemaking and vision of the Latitude Margaritaville brand. Locations are carefully considered and must meet specific criteria to be selected for a community, including sufficient land; a temperate climate; proximity to an airport; convenient retail and service businesses, and nearby medical offices and hospitals. Another very important factor is convenient access to outstanding leisure-time activities in the surrounding area. Dallas, Austin, and Houston definitely meet these criteria."

I have some Jimmy Buffet albums, and I'm not that far away from 55, but....

MINT-003_barefoot_bulletin_email_1010_14

MLMHH-005340-Barefoot-Bulletin_05.jpg

web-trinidad-bay-ext-by-rob-harris-10369

margaritaville-PKG.00_00_26_02.Still001.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

lol Fuck that noise.  Looks like dogshit.  And I’ll never live where there is an HOA or condo association ever again .  

My brother refused to build his retirement house in Georgetown’s Sun City, and opted for the adjacent Woodland Park neighborhood 20 years ago. He has never regretted it.
While WP had an HOA, it wasn’t long before the residents rebelled and voted to dissolve it. Of course the $60,000 remaining in the defunct HOA account is being siphoned off by lawyers instead of being refunded to the residents.

This seems like an emerging trend for brands with brand-loyal followings and cult-followings to use their platform to make more money by diversifying and getting into real estate revenue and profits. See Disney and their new Disney fanatic themed neighborhoods for lonely adults as well.

Interesting to see how this plays out business-wise. This could be a brilliant gambit or it could be a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

This seems like an emerging trend for brands with brand-loyal followings and cult-followings to use their platform to make more money by diversifying and getting into real estate revenue and profits. See Disney and their new Disney fanatic themed neighborhoods for lonely adults as well.

Interesting to see how this plays out business-wise. This could be a brilliant gambit or it could be a bad idea.

So are you saying that my Hogwarts Castle retirement home might be a go?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Actually, a Hogwarts themed neighborhood development would have a waitlist. Have you seen the Harry Potter stans and weirdos that are now middle aged adults? I think I read the deathly hallows symbol and other Harry Potter specific symbols are the most common tattoos these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Went to a Jimmy Buffet concert when I was 18.  Cute girl on the lawn next to me grabbed me, started kissing and manhandling me.  It was great.  Then the gal with her - her mom - started doing the same thing with me.  They took turns.  As we shared shots from my canteen full of tequila.  Great concert.

I can 100% imagine that pair living in this community.

Just a heads up, this is better than the Hoffs story. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You shut your fucking mouth RIGHT NOW.  My wife would have us living in such a community, and I don't know if I could stop the steamroller that she'd be in that respect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Meadoker cheezburgers in paradise?

Just the name of that goddamn song pisses me off.  Why? Because back in my 20s, when we were having 4-5 bachelor parties a year, we'd regularly go to NOLA for the party, because why the fuck not, NOLA is awesome.  One time, the crew of guys was heavy with parrot heads, and JB had just opened a Margaritaville Cafe in New Orleans.  So we HAD TO GO THERE FOR DINNER.  We couldn't go to New Orleans and NOT visit this Jimmy Buffet shrine.  So, there I was in goddamned New Orleans, one of the greatest food cities in the world, home of dozens of restaurants I love so much they bring tears to my eyes, and I had a goddamned mediocre cheeseburger for dinner, served by some yahoo in a Hawaiian shirt.

Happened decades ago, and still pisses me off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

While I appreciate elderly gash, as most men do, my diet requires a greater diversity in ages. But I'll see what I can do.

Elderly Gash would be a superb band name.   I can see Ed Sullivan announcing them.  They started as opening band for Armybrat and The Musky Pelts, I present you… Elderly Gash!  Performing their hit song Elderberry Whine!

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just the name of that goddamn song pisses me off.  Why? Because back in my 20s, when we were having 4-5 bachelor parties a year, we'd regularly go to NOLA for the party, because why the fuck not, NOLA is awesome.  One time, the crew of guys was heavy with parrot heads, and JB had just opened a Margaritaville Cafe in New Orleans.  So we HAD TO GO THERE FOR DINNER.  We couldn't go to New Orleans and NOT visit this Jimmy Buffet shrine.  So, there I was in goddamned New Orleans, one of the greatest food cities in the world, home of dozens of restaurants I love so much they bring tears to my eyes, and I had a goddamned mediocre cheeseburger for dinner, served by some yahoo in a Hawaiian shirt.

Happened decades ago, and still pisses me off.

In a coincidence from earlier in this thread, my wife and I were at Universal for Harry Potter (Me: Gryffindor, Wife: Ravenclaw). And we’re walking back to our hotel, famished as fuck, so we wandered into the Margaritavile because we could get a seat. Both of us are trying to eat semi healthy, and eventually the waitresses leans in and says “Everything on the menu sucks, I’ll have them throw together a couple of small Ceaser’s with chicken, with a side of fruit”. 

also, I hate  Parrot Heads with a passion.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

In a coincidence from earlier in this thread, my wife and I were at Universal for Harry Potter (Me: Gryffindor, Wife: Ravenclaw). And we’re waking back to our hotel, famished as fuck, so we wandered into the Margaritavile because we could get a seat. Both of us are trying to eat semi healthy, and eventually the waitresses leans in and says “Everything on the menu sucks, I’ll have them throw together a couple of small Ceaser’s with chicken, with a side of fruit”. 

Ties it altogether post of the year.   

Just now, Bateshorn said:

In a coincidence from earlier in this thread, my wife and I were at Universal for Harry Potter (Me: Gryffindor, Wife: Ravenclaw). And we’re waking back to our hotel, famished as fuck, so we wandered into the Margaritavile because we could get a seat. Both of us are trying to eat semi healthy, and eventually the waitresses leans in and says “Everything on the menu sucks, I’ll have them throw together a couple of small Ceaser’s with chicken, with a side of fruit”. 

I don't hate 'em, I've had a good time at some shows, enjoyed the concerts, etc.  I don't get the SUPERFAN thing as to anything (a music group, a politician, a sports team, etc.), so that part of it annoys.  But all in all, they can be a good time....except when they're being singleminded SUPERFANS, and everything in the world has revolve around their fandom.  WTF?  Get some diversity in your life.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't hate 'em, I've had a good time at some shows, enjoyed the concerts, etc.  I don't get the SUPERFAN thing as to anything (a music group, a politician, a sports team, etc.), so that part of it annoys.  But all in all, they can be a good time....except when they're being singleminded SUPERFANS, and everything in the world has revolve around their fandom.  WTF?  Get some diversity in your life.

Super fans?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Super fans?

spacer.png

Super fan powers, activate!

Shape of... an aging fat ass.

Form of...  a fleeting childhood obsession of a formerly glorious American football franchise, purchased by a rich Arkansas hillbilly, who destroyed a great team made by legends on the field and continues to enrich himself off nostalgic sentiments for a decent emblem with a cool color scheme.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Without C/R-ing this truly great thread, how long before a former politician realizes there's money in this sort of thing?

Or shit, Kid Rock.  Although I will admit that a Kid Rock themed trailer retirement community is a bit redundant.

Edited by dcbc

6 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Without C/R-ing this truly great thread, how long before a former politician realizes there's money in this sort of thing?

Or shit, Kid Rock.  Although I will admit that a Kid Rock themed trailer retirement community is a bit redundant.

Only God Knows Why bike lanes run over the homeless.

• Haha 1

Yeah I feel like my wife would go for the hogwarts thing. And she has a snitch tattooed on her arm.

I haven't... delved deep into the catalog of Jimmy Buffet. There as an unlicensed "Cheeseburger in Paradise" restaurant in I think Maui in 1991 that I was a fan of (as a 6 year old). I will say this, especially in connection to the point that he's a sell out - in a way I have a ton more respect for Jimmy Buffet than I do for Kiss. Or the Garfield guy vs the Dilbert guy (from a commercialization perspective rather than a CR perspective).

3 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

A Disney real estate holding company bought a large amount of land southwest of Salado within the last year.  It's speculated that if it's not just for investment purposes, it would be developed into one of those neighborhoods.

Considering it's right next to the path of the recent tornado, I'm 100% in favor of this plan.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Daytona Beach, Hilton Head, Watersound, FL...those all have beaches.  So yeah, it makes perfect sense that they'd open up new communities in Austin, Houston and Dallas.

MLMHH-005340-Barefoot-Bulletin_2_05.jpg

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com/community-photos-watersound

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/latitude-margaritaville-communities-expanding-to-texas-301523916.html

I have some Jimmy Buffet albums, and I'm not that far away from 55, but....

MINT-003_barefoot_bulletin_email_1010_14

MLMHH-005340-Barefoot-Bulletin_05.jpg

web-trinidad-bay-ext-by-rob-harris-10369

margaritaville-PKG.00_00_26_02.Still001.

No fucking "swim up" bar at the pool? Hell naw, hard pass.

CHIEF