Blastfurnace 2022

Storm the Field

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Good grief it was a joke, fuckface.

But I'm sooooooooooo honored to be the recipient of your first neg ever, like anyone gives a shit.

Give me one back! Come on, it is a site about football right? 

Fuck your fucking fuck face. 

Sorry man, a rare night off. I appreciate what you post, I should not have done that. 

10 hours ago, drt said:

I had a guy go down with heat exhaustion today. It’s hot. If you’re working outside, err on the side of caution. 

Why doesn't he move to Maine and map caves while drinking hot tea?

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Give me one back! Come on, it is a site about football right? 

Fuck your fucking fuck face. 

Sorry man, a rare night off. I appreciate what you post, I should not have done that. 

Are y’all gonna fuck or what

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I haven't lived in Texas in like 15 years, but weren't triple digit temps the exception rather than the norm previously? Now you're looking at sustained daily highs of 100 degrees for months at a time. 

This is our concern 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I haven't lived in Texas in like 15 years, but weren't triple digit temps the exception rather than the norm previously? Now you're looking at sustained daily highs of 100 degrees for months at a time. 

image.png.98a9d85a118d9129efb96fbdcc82c0fc.png

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

image.png.98a9d85a118d9129efb96fbdcc82c0fc.png

Super interesting chart, but I have to think urban heat island effects have some influence on Camp Mabry temps over time.  Texas is getting hotter for sure . . . but for the sake of my own sanity I have to believe it is not quite as drastic as depicted here.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Super interesting chart, but I have to think urban heat island effects have some influence on Camp Mabry temps over time.  Texas is getting hotter for sure . . . but for the sake of my own sanity I have to believe it is not quite as drastic as depicted here.    

Correct.  And it’s not as if we had as many super accurate thermometers 90 years ago when 1/3 of the growing region of the country literally turned into a haboob for damn near a decade.  

• Hook 'Em 1

And it’s not as if we had as many super accurate thermometers 90 years ago

I mean, this is just completely fabricated. I have to hope this is coming from ignorance as opposed to intentionally trying to spread false information.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, this is just completely fabricated. I have to hope this is coming from ignorance as opposed to intentionally trying to spread false information.

Did we have LIDAR satellite thermal readings 90 years ago?   Did we have Jim Bob riding a horse out to check a thermometer at 2PM instead of 4:45PM?   Get fucking real, man.  

I’m not saying we haven’t got warmer, I’m saying accurate shit wasn’t as accurate.   

Edited by Trey3216

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Did we have LIDAR satellite thermal readings 90 years ago?   Did we have Jim Bob riding a horse out to check a thermometer at 2PM instead of 4:45PM?   Get fucking real, man.  

I’m not saying we haven’t got warmer, I’m saying accurate shit wasn’t as accurate.   

I think you just phrased it poorly. We had accurate thermometers. We had less accurate data. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think you just phrased it poorly. We had accurate thermometers. We had less accurate data. 

Quite likely.  I’ve got my 2 kiddos climbing on me while I’m trying to post, so I likely let the brain run out ahead of the thumbs

Edited by Trey3216

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

It's supposed to be 107-108 Sunday and Monday.  

Someone turn this thing off.  

Me: It’s going to be 108 Sunday and Monday in Austin.  In Vermont, it’ll be 78 on Sunday and 83 on Monday, with lows in the 50s and 60s, and looking a week out, the highs will be generally in the low 80s.

Wife: Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Me: It’s going to be 108 Sunday and Monday in Austin.  In Vermont, it’ll be 78 on Sunday and 83 on Monday, with lows in the 50s and 60s, and looking a week out, the highs will be generally in the low 80s.

Wife: Shark Tank Writing GIF

Made a call yesterday to a friend of a friend that made the move from Texas to North Carolina to kick the tires on that idea. First words he said were "do it."

Update for today:

image.png.c9547edd766acb537fa38e54ddb8aefc.png

If the grid makes is through Monday, then it should be good to go for the summer. But damn that's going to be brutal:

image.png.a9af1eb7cfc19804e141b1ce91b1b2a3.png

So, I missed the “as many” qualifier and mostly owe you an apology. While thermometers were plenty accurate by the late 1800’s, it’s fair to say the number of stations observing was smaller. Sorry, I can’t read. Delete thread, ban user.

Update for today:
image.png.c9547edd766acb537fa38e54ddb8aefc.png
If the grid makes is through Monday, then it should be good to go for the summer. But damn that's going to be brutal:

image.png.a9af1eb7cfc19804e141b1ce91b1b2a3.png

I don’t like this game
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Made a call yesterday to a friend of a friend that made the move from Texas to North Carolina to kick the tires on that idea. First words he said were "do it."

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Do you even "August in Texas", bro?  It's going to get worse, not better.

None of my friends or my wife’s friends who have move to Colorado, Oregon/Washington/Canada, or parts east (North Carolina, NY, Maine, etc.) have regretted it and several even said they wish they’d move sooner.

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Hot as balls in Georgia. Heat index of 104° tomorrow for little league.

I’m looking forward to 111° in Vegas next week. I hear it’s a dry heat.

The highest heat index my weather station has hit this year is 124.  110-115 has been the norm.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1