January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

8 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Has anyone checked TexAgs? 

How stupid do you think the posts are?  Brace yourself . . . 

•  

That dumb woman's "testimony" is unraveling extremely fast

371 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 18 sec ago by fredfredunderscorefred

Bonfire1996

AG

Even the leftist media is destroying her

I guess she'll have an OF account soon. She has nice up tops.
Edited by Bullneck

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What makes you think this is a problem for his voters?  To my earlier point, if the Rs control the House and Senate, they will absolutely not certify the election of Dotard doesn’t win. We’ve been watching them set up for this since the coup didn’t work. But yeah, nevermind me. I’m just being hysterical. 

I specifically excluded Trumpists from my "analysis."  There are still a sizable number of Trump voters or potential Trump voters that claim to dislike the man, but are voting for lower taxes or smaller government or family values or gas prices or some other bullshit that may have a tough time voting for a felony defendant or convict.

This is my mom. She doesn't watch FN, but her neighbors do, as does the local news director, the local paper crew and of course Uncle Fwd Fwd: and all the idiots on Facebook. And those "I did that" Joe Biden meme are Fire.
I just had a discussion with my mom who hates Trump, but thinks both sides are awful about an article in the Liberty, Texas newspaper. The article was about Operation Lone Star filing in the "gaps" left by Biden's failed border policy.

Her thought was that it's just a small town paper, it can't be THAT slanted. My mom is a smart lady that sincerely wants what's best for everyone, but after years of my having my stepdad's FoxNews in the background, I'm afraid some is seeping in.

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

YLEH-FS-Emerson-Paxton-indictment.png?w=

First of all, that's R primary voters, so mostly mental defectives a fortiori.  Not the people to whom I refer, exactly.

And don't tell me you wouldn't take anything that would deter 25% of potential Trump voters.

9 minutes ago, tchookem said:

My mom is a smart lady that sincerely wants what's best for everyone, but after years of my having my stepdad's FoxNews in the background, I'm afraid some is seeping in.

Narrator: His mom is not a smart lady.

• Haha 1

This testimony from a questionable witness who is recounting 2nd hand (maybe even 3rd hand) info is not going to sway the Q. This “bombshell” is a fucking dud.

1. Trump was upset he couldn’t go to the Capitol. The rubes WANTED him to go. This is seen as a positive thing by them.

2. Trump was willing to fight big muscle SS guy for them. Once again a GOOD thing to the cult. Shows he is a real man.

3. Wanted to hang Pence and incite violence. Yeah?….and? Once again seen as a positive.

Any reasonable pertain knows all this stuff. It is clear that these people are all traitors and need to pay. However, this does nothing to convince the non-reasonable Trump cult of anything.

This big “win” is a L…

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

This testimony from a questionable witness who is recounting 2nd hand (maybe even 3rd hand) info is not going to sway the Q. This “bombshell” is a fucking dud.

1. Trump was upset he couldn’t go to the Capitol. The rubes WANTED him to go. This is seen as a positive thing by them.

2. Trump was willing to fight big muscle SS guy for them. Once again a GOOD thing to the cult. Shows he is a real man.

3. Wanted to hang Pence and incite violence. Yeah?….and? Once again seen as a positive.

Any reasonable pertain knows all this stuff. It is clear that these people are all traitors and need to pay. However, this does nothing to convince the non-reasonable Trump cult of anything.

This big “win” is a L…

For the umpteenth time, they’re not trying to convert Trump worshippers

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I specifically excluded Trumpists from my "analysis."  There are still a sizable number of Trump voters or potential Trump voters that claim to dislike the man, but are voting for lower taxes or smaller government or family values or gas prices or some other bullshit that may have a tough time voting for a felony defendant or convict.

Well, we can then use the upcoming November general election in Texas as a trial case to gauge support for the head law "enforcement officer" or however you'd like to define the Texas AG.

If you're specifically pointing to the voting public at-large but Paxton is elected anyway, then we've got a problem. They WILL vote for an indicted candidate because R-reasons. The law don't make a shit any longer.

Edited by bolverk

43 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

YLEH-FS-Emerson-Paxton-indictment.png?w=

1 out of 4 primary voters from your own party saying they are less likely to vote for you IS a big number, especially when your last overall results gave you a victory by 3.56%. Hearing your grown ass children call bullshit to you in your later years does affect you. This isn't some dispute over hanging out past 2am on a saturday when youre 18.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

This big “win” is a L…

No one ever thought this was going to convince the Trump mob of anything.

The ketchup, limo, and a few other things were kind of superfluous or gratuitous.

But this showed that he knew the mob was armed and had a propensity for violence and he was perfectly good with that.

One fact sequence that could have been established with this witness is that Trump probably made his "go home" tweet after he learned that Pence was safe and that the mob had failed to fully disrupt the certification.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Well, we can then use the upcoming November general election in Texas as a trial case to gauge support for the head law "enforcement officer" or however you'd like to define the Texas AG.

If you're specifically pointing to the voting public at-large but Paxton is elected anyway, then we've got a problem. They WILL vote for an indicted candidate because R-reasons. The law don't make a shit any longer.

Texas has a higher percentage of mental defectives than the nation at large.  And, assuming that poll sampled Republican primary voters, the percentage of defectives was close to 100%.

I so hope the committee follows the Army chain of command to get to the persons responsible for stopping National Guard response for hours. I still think that line of investigation is the most dangerous to Trump and his appointees.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

I so hope the committee follows the Army chain of command to get to the persons responsible for stopping National Guard response for hours. I still think that line of investigation is the most dangerous to Trump and his appointees.

I fear what they're going to hide behind is the notion that employing military and military tactics against "protestors" isn't a good look so they were trying to avoid that.

There might be a smoking gun, though, as in "do not send the national guard in against my people."

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Texas has a higher percentage of mental defectives than the nation at large.  And, assuming that poll sampled Republican primary voters, the percentage of defectives was close to 100%.

I guess we'll have to wait until November to see if Paxton can overcome the net change in support (+23% - 25% = -2%) from the poll cited above for Garza to tip the balance when he won by +3.56% in the general in 2018. It should be close, and I'll be very happily and surprised if he loses, but I doubt that'll be the case.

31 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Hey if it didn't work for you fine, but the way some posters go on without challenging them about it sounds like they're scared they wont get cake and ice cream when they see them next.

My mom won’t go to her grave saying no one ever set her straight, and I won’t go to mine saying I never tried. But it’s not going to make a difference. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I fear what they're going to hide behind is the notion that employing military and military tactics against "protestors" isn't a good look so they were trying to avoid that.

There might be a smoking gun, though, as in "do not send the national guard in against my people."

I know that's the story. I just think it's a fig leaf. I know you're not contending otherwise; you're keeping the analysis legal which I appreciate as always.

Trump removed Mark Espers as Sec of Defense on Nov. 9, 2020 and replaced him with henchman Christopher C Miller who chose Devin Nunes toady Kash Patel to be his chief of staff.

From wikipedia

On November 9, 2020, Miller was appointed as Acting Secretary of Defense, following the termination of Mark Esper.[4][32] The top Republican on House Armed Services Committee, Rep. Mac Thornberry, expressed concern that the sudden shake-up and installation of leadership at the Pentagon based on political fealty instead of expertise "endanger U.S. national security."[33]

Miller's chief of staff as Acting Secretary of Defense was Kash Patel, a former aide to Congressman Devin Nunes. Patel is known for efforts to discredit investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election.[34]

Miller was also criticized for his response to the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol. He approved the deployment of National Guard troops from neighboring states to reinforce the D.C. National Guard at 4:41 p.m., three hours after Capitol Police said that they were being overrun and two hours after city officials had asked for such assistance.[10][11][12]

Like GOP Congressman Thornberry, I had worries about the move the day it happened. Like him, I saw the danger in replacing the Secretary of Defense with bootlickers while creating the Big Lie.

Mike Flynn's brother, General Charles Flynn, was reportedly involved in the decisions made on Jan. 6. The Army said he shouldn't be shamed because of his brother and that he had no say in the decisions that day. That proved to be a lie.

Initially denying his involvement, the Army later confirmed that Flynn had participated in the phone call, although claimed he cannot remember if he said anything on the critical call about deploying National Guard, but others on the call reported hearing his voice.[10] In early December 2021, Colonel Earl G. Matthews released a memo that accused Flynn of making willful distortions of the events of January 6, describing Flynn and LTG Walter E. Piatt as "absolute and unmitigated liars" and of giving “perjured testimony before Congress”.[11] Charles Flynn's role drew scrutiny in light of his brother Michael's recent calls for martial law and a redo election overseen by the military.[10]

I was following this angle of the story closely because I have an interest in military affairs (nothing close to expertise). Once tweaked by the replacement of Espers, I stayed up to date on developments there and was keenly interested in the top command's delay of employing the Guard until the attack had petered out. 

There's a lot of stink here. I can't believe all the miscreants involved will fall on their swords for Donald Trump. I would hope the Army would be investigating this on their own, but I haven't read that they are. Like the sudden firing of Espers and hiring of Miller, I find it alarming if there is no movement in the Army to weed out traitors.

I'm alarmed because I have the thought I never thought I would regarding America's future. Where does the Army stand? 

That's full on banana republic bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I guess we'll have to wait until November to see if Paxton can overcome the net change in support (+23% - 25% = -2%) from the poll cited above for Garza to tip the balance when he won by +3.56% in the general in 2018. It should be close, and I'll be very happily and surprised if he loses, but I doubt that'll be the case.

More likely is not a change of support (23%). They already supported him. It's also a troll response.

Edited by StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

Then they are wasting time…unless they can present something that sways a percentage of the 40% there will be zero consequence…

maybe they’re not targeting the 40%. maybe they’re going after the 100mm non-voters. just a thought. 

or maybe they think the only thing worse than presenting this evidence, is not presenting it. 

only takes one domino and we’re closer today than we were yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Who gives a fuck about the Limo shit?

He knew the crowd had weapons. He wanted them to have weapons, and wanted them to march on the capital. That was FIRST HAND testimony 

Probably because they were thrown some bone that the SS guy was going to expose her as a fraud and destroy her credibility.  Then whatever she reported to have heard first hand is in doubt.   

I just don't see the committee not having thought that out well before hand, and they've got some strong support from others for her statements.    

Might just be tossing out bait.  

While some people seem to think they are wasting time, I am with gandorf and others and say they had to do something, they couldn't just let it slide.   They have exceeded and continue to exceed my expectations on the strategy and production of this.  Not sure where it's going to end up, but they're doing a pretty damn good job laying it all out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Probably because they were thrown some bone that the SS guy was going to expose her as a fraud and destroy her credibility.  Then whatever she reported to have heard first hand is in doubt.   

I just don't see the committee not having thought that out well before hand, and they've got some strong support from others for her statements.    

Might just be tossing out bait.  

While some people seem to think they are wasting time, I am with gandorf and others and say they had to do something, they couldn't just let it slide.   They have exceeded and continue to exceed my expectations on the strategy and production of this.  Not sure where it's going to end up, but they're doing a pretty damn good job laying it all out.

Yup. Just like with impeachment. They couldn’t not do it. 

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Just because Fox News says Hillary will run again doesn’t mean it’s true. Don’t be a dumbass. 

But Hillary running again is the right wing’s wet dream. It’ll stimulate their hate fetish and galvanize their voters more than any other candidate. And she lost to Donald Grab-Them-By-The-Pussy Mother-Fucking Trump. Is there anyone she could actually defeat?

44 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Just because Fox News says Hillary will run again doesn’t mean it’s true. Don’t be a dumbass. 

Just because we all know that her running again would be terrible doesn’t mean she can keep her ambition in check.

How many times must everyone be wrong about what is possible in this hellscape before y’all accept that the worst-case scenario is always the most likely?

5 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Just because we all know that her running again would be terrible doesn’t mean she can keep her ambition in check.

How many times must everyone be wrong about what is possible in this hellscape before y’all accept that the worst-case scenario is always the most likely?

She’s not running again. Don’t be stupid.

It’s too bad Jim Comey didn’t keep his big yap shut or she would’ve won the election in 2016 and that would’ve saved hundreds of thousands of American lives. And wouldn’t have resulted in record debt and record trade deficits. And wouldn’t have resulted in the normalization of hate speech. And it wouldn’t have set up the overthrow of American constitutional democracy which is likely coming in two years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

can we also have a separate conversation about how some 22-23 year old girl (presumably not fresh out of a top-tier law school) just gets elevated into the inner circle of the west wing?  she was composed and impressive today and i can't imagine someone that young dealing with what she was dealing with in 2020-2021. 

i've met a couple of 22 year old girls and i can't seem to wrap my head around this.

That’s the least surprising thing about this.  Basically all of government outside of the real inner sanctum is run by twenty-somethings with some connections, the younger the better. And later they become the “inner sanctum” or at the very least get a political appointee job way over their ability. 

1. They do what they’re told and are non-self-aware enough to condescend and bark at people with vastly more expertise and ability. They will do ANYTHING to land that recommendation, or the next job, or hitch themselves to a rising star. 

2. They are willing and CAN work the obscene hours a staff or West Wing job comes with. Both physically and personally, no families and ties.

3. They can live on the pretty dreck pay that comes with it—- sharing a room and sleeping their way around the intern and staffer circuit. 

4. Principals like to have them around to look at.  Most principals have the good sense not to actually touch. 

If you want to be close and influence power, it’s better to have a skinny suit/pencil skirt and a fresh face than it is to labor in the bowels of the national security or policy apparatus. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Who gives a fuck about the Limo shit?

He knew the crowd had weapons. He wanted them to have weapons, and wanted them to march on the capital. That was FIRST HAND testimony 

Yep, get Engles and Ornato on the hook about the limo story, then press them under oath about the real shit like this. 

7 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm not confident Paxton will lose.  But I think the dynamics and the electoral composition for the Presidential race are different and that indictment/conviction would be strong stuff on a presidential candidate.

The fact that Paxton is an indicted, seditious asshole doesn’t matter to the Team R dumbasses who keep voting for him.

But, if they all knew he has been committing the sin of adultery with his mistress, bringing shame and humiliation to his angel of a wife, Angela?  That news might keep them from pulling the lever for the dirtbag.  

1 minute ago, Disco Strangler said:

The fact that Paxton is an indicted, seditious asshole doesn’t matter to the Team R dumbasses who keep voting for him.

But, if they all knew he has been committing the sin of adultery with his mistress, bringing shame and humiliation to his angel of a wife, Angela?  That news might keep them from pulling the lever for the dirtbag.  

You're talking about the same people who voted for a guy that fucked a pornstar and then paid her off to keep quiet. They certainly don't care that Paxton is cheating on his wife.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

, if they all knew he has been committing the sin of adultery with his mistress, bringing shame and humiliation to his angel of a wife, Angela?  That news might keep them from pulling the lever for the dirtbag.

Republicans are being programmed to believe democrats rape kids on the reg so good luck with this. 

• Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

You're talking about the same people who voted for a guy that fucked a pornstar and then paid her off to keep quiet. They certainly don't care that Paxton is cheating on his wife.

Evangelical votes are completely transactional.  As long as you will push anti abortion/gay legislation, they don’t give two shits about your personal sins. The ends justify the means with those people. Always. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Right now DOJ IG (which has jurisdiction over crimes committed by DOJ officials) is showing more balls than Garland - given they are the ones leading the Jeffrey Clark raid for evidence. 

If we’re sitting here in the next few months and we don’t hear about FBI or DOJ investigation/indictments for the very top people involved in Jan 6 then we’re truly fucked as a nation

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1