Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Please let me know what you would do with someone who murders someone in a robbery at 18 years old.  Let’s say a couple of parents are out on a date, get held up, dad gets shot and dies in robbery.  What would you propose for the 18 yo who committed the crime? 

You are missing the point. The system failed them upstream my friend. What you would do in no way addresses the problem. Do we incarcerate criminals? Of course we do, but we should be putting effort into lowering the amount of criminals being groomed in the first place. Petty drug crimes. Roe vs Wade would be a good start. 

We humans spend our lives PREVENTING shit from happening. We change our oil before it breaks down and causes a problem. We put our seatbelts on to prevent from getting ejected in an accident. We do everything in order to PREVENT things from going bad. However, when it comes to this issue we simply react and do not apply the same logic to it that we use every single day of our lives. How can we prevent this from happening? It is the question that is still unanswered. We just keep repeating the same thing and hoping for a different result. Our children aren't even that stupid, but here we are walking into the glass door over and over instead of going through the one that's open. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

As does the actual proliferation of guns, something you are ignoring.  But hey maybe you'll be able to buy a third boat.

That’s funny. I bought a duck hunting boat this morning.  

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Do we incarcerate criminals?

Sometime, as seven families in Memphis would tell you, not nearly long enough. 

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

If you think levying additional criminal penalties against someone who under the current laws already on the books would already serve up to 99 years in prison, and possibly be subject to the death penalty, are appropriate, go for it. 

Are you under the impression that “up to = served”?   You murder someone at 18 there’s a decent chance you’ll be out in time to have children in your late 30’s, early 40’s.  

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s funny. I bought a duck hunting boat this morning.  

Sometime, as seven families in Memphis would tell you, not nearly long enough. 

Are you under the impression that “up to = served”?   You murder someone at 18 there’s a decent chance you’ll be out in time to have children in your late 30’s, early 40’s.  

Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA

18 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Have you not seen the event we’re discussing, you dramatic cocksucker. 

Lol what's with you and your far right buddies going to "cocksucker" so often as an insult? Is that another GQP projection thing?

I'm reminding you of the fucking stakes because you're always trying to distract from it. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

If you commit a crime with a gun or related to a gun, you should be in prison long enough that when you gate out in a few decades, you are no longer a threat to society. And yes we should end the war on drugs and release any nonviolent drug offenders.  We would have plenty of space to warehouse the dickheads who commit crime with guns.  We do not even enforce the gun laws we have.  Ask Hunter Biden.

And at what age does someone cease to be a threat if armed with a firearm?

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

What additional barriers are someone who will use a weapon to steal, rape, or murder you with, going to abide by? 

Funny thing is that most of the guns in the streets were stolen from legal gun owners.

You guys keep buying them, they keep stealing them

So I am talking to a good ole boy type, you know a @fattyflattie. We start talking about guns, because I have a few, and this motherfucker has 130 guns. 130!!! He then asks me, "You gone give em up if they ask you too". I said I wouldn't give them all up but there are a couple guns I don't have any use for at all. He said he wouldn't give a got-damn one up and they were gonna have to come and take em. You know these guys love false bravado, knowing damned well they aren't going out in a blaze of glory. 

Anyway, we slide on over to the subject of some type of restrictions. I said a guy shouldn't be able to be angry, go buy an AR and 20 boxes of ammo at the same time, and walk right out of the store. He agreed that there should be a waiting period. 10 days he said. I thought we were getting somewhere when he said this.........

"You know that Uvalde kid didn't get those guns by himself, right? The Democrats gave him those guns.................."

After that his voice slid away to that of a Charlie Brown parent, and I don't recall anything else he said. I remember just looking at his mouth while he was talking, trying to process what kind of mental gymnastics one has to do to come to such a conclusion. That's when I realized there IS no hope. If one can surmise that Joe Biden put an AR15 in a kid's hands for political gain, one can literally explain away anything. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 9/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, fattyflattie said:

It’s not a jab. But always funny when people say I’d melt my shit right now rah rah. Well, you can.  I couldn’t give a single fuck about gang bangers killing each other. I hope more of them do. 

No, it's not a jab, it's just an impotent attempt at one. And we get that you have no empathy or self-awareness, tough guy.

We just need to get the gang-bangers into Thunderdome so there's no way this violence affects the rest of us.

I enjoy my guns but I admit we have a gun problem.

Edited by Walser
Who gives a shit?

On 9/9/2022 at 10:33 PM, elfenix said:

Sir this is the ballistics velocity debate thread, if you want to discuss a loser incel killing innocent people start your own thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^

so fucking true.  I knew I was becoming desensitized to mass shootings, and I follow that shit way closer than 90% of our country, when I found myself in a conversation about the ammo used in the Odessa shooting with my friend there.  That used to be the last thing we talked about as a country in the wake of a mass shooting.  Now it's the first fucking thing.  I guess 'cause the beginning of the story always starts the same, only variations to the tragedies are what variations he made to his AR-15 and were they kids or dark people?  

On 9/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, Thatguy said:

"You know that Uvalde kid didn't get those guns by himself, right? The Democrats gave him those guns.................."

That's an interesting perspective, given that gun laws vary by state, and in Texas our laws are considered relatively weak.  Maybe he should consider the possibility that Greg Abbott provided him the ability to buy those guns.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm shocked I still hear the "The Democrats gave him those guns" (or some form of that) quite a bit and I don't even live out in the sticks.  

Apparently there's just bands of Democrats roving around Texas, knocking on doors, saying "We're Democrats here to discuss your gun situation".  And half of MAGA nation thinks that means they're gonna kick in your door and take your legally owned firearms and the other half thinks that means they're gonna kick in your door and give you an AR-15 and tell you go shoot up a Wal-Mart or a School.  You want to talk about cognitive dissonance?  This is the most obvious example I can think of.  At least with their C.D. regarding inflation, they get to use numbers.  

On 9/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, Thatguy said:

Um, then wouldn't a big chunk of the state be voting Democratic? 

Well if the mass shooters would quit killing themselves or doing suicide-by-cop, I'd have hundreds more to offer you for lockup.  But that damn death part keeps getting in the way.  

Also, my wife showed me an article about the Emmys this morning since we actually watch some of the shows nominated these days (Ted Lasso, Succession, OMITB)....and I'm scanning the comedy list and see a show titled "Abbott Elementary".....and I fumingly thought, "Who the fuck thinks Robb Elementary shooting and our governors role in it is something to make a comedy over so soon?"  Yeah, no.  It is not about that.  Totally not about that.  

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Harris county keeps letting all these pieces of shit out so they can spread their love all over my county. The unfortunate truth is that we need far more incarceration. 

We lead the world in incarcerations. Weird. Hasn’t solved the gun violence problem yet, 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Don't forget we also lead the world in most good guys with most guns.  Weird.  Also hasn't solved the gun violence problem yet.

We spend the most on law enforcement.  Hasn't solved the gun violence problem yet.  

Only thing they can hang their hat on is "Mental Health!"  Oh, we're a world leader in mental health spending all right, but not in the direction you'd think.  

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So you are Sherman Tanz from Veep, huh?

See the source image

I’ve actually never watched that show, so who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We lead the world in incarcerations. Weird. Hasn’t solved the gun violence problem yet, 

That’s because you have nine lives in Harris county before they do anything. There’s stories of criminals getting arrested in Montgomery County crying like a toddler because they actually prosecute. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Half the posts in CR have callbacks to Veep.......how have you not watched that show?  Your moronic take on lack of incarceration rates in "your country" doesn't bother me at all, that you haven't watched the best political show in American history is woefully offensive to me.  Seriously, get yourself a free HBOmax trial and binge it this weekend after football is over.  Trigger warning though:  the moronically absurdist staff is gonna hit a little too close to home for some.  When we watched the show as new episodes from 2016-2019, it went from being hilarious to be frightningly accurate.  

25 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s because you have nine lives in Harris county before they do anything. There’s stories of criminals getting arrested in Montgomery County crying like a toddler because they actually prosecute. 

Link to gun crimes not prosecuted in Harris County

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Half the posts in CR have callbacks to Veep.......how have you not watched that show?  Your moronic take on lack of incarceration rates in "your country" doesn't bother me at all, that you haven't watched the best political show in American history is woefully offensive to me.  Seriously, get yourself a free HBOmax trial and binge it this weekend after football is over.  Trigger warning though:  the moronically absurdist staff is gonna hit a little too close to home for some.  When we watched the show as new episodes from 2016-2019, it went from being hilarious to be frightningly accurate.  

I have HBO, I’m not a poor. It’s a matter of opportunity cost, my time is very valuable. I’m sure I’ll get around to it eventually. 

12 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

@immamac can you either rename this thread to General Gun Control or start enforcing actual on-topic discussion? It sucks seeing this constantly bumped and wondering where the latest mass shooting is.

I don't usually read this thread pls report stuff and I'll clean it up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Sounds like you need to move up to The Woodlands. You would probably be more comfortable up there.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2022/03/03/harris-county-estimates-at-least-2-years-to-make-a-significant-dent-in-criminal-case-backlog/

Prosecutors are overwhelmed and even getting victims names incorrect. It’s a disaster, we need more jails. 

Link to the gun crime stats

specifically gun crime charges on people out on bond for a gun crime charge

Edited by Sawbonz

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2022/03/03/harris-county-estimates-at-least-2-years-to-make-a-significant-dent-in-criminal-case-backlog/

Prosecutors are overwhelmed and even getting victims names incorrect. It’s a disaster, we need more jails. 

Did you think no one would click on your link? The entire article is about understaffed and underfunded DAs offices having trouble bringing cases to trial and doing sloppy work, and your solution is to incarcerate people, not yet convicted of any crime, longer without bail?

Sounds like the answer is raising your taxes.

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You’re consistent in your extremist views, I’ll give you that.   

Wanting criminals in jail is extremist, gotta love this country. 

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Link to the gun crime stats

specifically gun crime charges on people out on bond for a gun crime charge

Goddamn you’re lazy, it takes two seconds to google and there’s hundreds of stores about it. Here’s one, but I could post hundreds. 

https://www.fox26houston.com/whats-your-point/suspects-out-on-bond-have-killed-more-than-150-people-in-harris-county-whats-your-point

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Poe It Up said:

No, I agree with you on that.  I was referring to our very most recent exchange where we talked about golf cheaters and those not using quote feature also being imprisoned.  It was tongue in cheek dude, relax—-we’re both anti felon.  But I’ll Do better on using the quote feature.  If I don’t, I may end up in jail with your golf cheat hero and I can shove his lady’s golf watch down his throat until he chokes out.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Goddamn you’re lazy, it takes two seconds to google and there’s hundreds of stores about it. Here’s one, but I could post hundreds. 

https://www.fox26houston.com/whats-your-point/suspects-out-on-bond-have-killed-more-than-150-people-in-harris-county-whats-your-point

You consider that a credible link? There are no figures cited from a source. The first sentence refers to 113 murder suspects released on bond. Doesn’t say PR, and doesn’t even hint these particular suspects have committed gun crimes while on bond. There is a “according to crime stoppers” mention of killings committed by people out on bond but it doesn’t say over what time period, what their charges were, or if they were on PR bonds. Don’t be such a mark

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

that link is the shittiest copy i may have ever read. my sons could write a better story, with some sort of statistic evidence, analysis and i dunno actual fucking evidence of the claim being made. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Did you think no one would click on your link? The entire article is about understaffed and underfunded DAs offices having trouble bringing cases to trial and doing sloppy work, and your solution is to incarcerate people, not yet convicted of any crime, longer without bail?

Sounds like the answer is raising your taxes.

No, it was making the point that the wait time is years and they let these pieces of shit back into the community to find new victims. Of course we need to keep the violent offenders locked up, what a dumb thing to say. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Poe It Up said:

No, it was making the point that the wait time is years and they let these pieces of shit back into the community to find new victims. Of course we need to keep the violent offenders locked up, what a dumb thing to say. 

how do we know they are violent offenders if they haven't been tried?

• Hook 'Em 3