Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

2 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Joey, tell us how you prepared for Wyoming?  Was it Wyoming's talent that put them over the top?  That's an interesting direction you got the team heading into for their game against Oregon.  Hello of a strategy trying to get Oregon to overlook their game against Tech with this loss--think it'll work?  

Texas Tech is going to find some way to blame Chris Beard. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, demos said:

Has anyone reached Yormark for comment?

He's preparing his speech for BXII media days, 2028.

"Now Joey, I'm going to be in Lubbock for Wyoming's return game. And I'm going to see to it that y'all take care of business this time."

Who am I kidding? There's less than a 10% chance that both Yaketysax and Joey Mugshot are both in their current positions 5 years from now.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I hate to throw to much shade since we play Wyoming in couple weeks, but for the part of the game I watched, the Wyoming QB was one of the worst QBs I've seen in a long time and we've seen some around here.

Wyoming was playing their 3rd string RB and their QB was banged up. 

That's just an embarrassing loss considering the context. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

injury in 1st qtr hurt tech...

During Saturday's game, Tech lost linebacker Jacob Rodriguez. The junior Wichita Falls Rider grad got the start at the MIKE where he forced and recovered a fumble in the first quarter. Rodriguez was seen holding his leg after the play and did not return for the rest of the game.

Rodriguez's status was not immediately known after the game.

---------------------------------------------

At halftime, Red Raiders coach Joey McGuire told CBS that penalties, turnovers and quarterback protection were hurting them.

That didn’t change the way he hoped in the second half. Wyoming added to that by winning the time of possession game. The Cowboys kept their offense on the field for 34 minutes by the end of regulation. They equalized the game with a drive that lasted nearly eight minutes and ended with a Sam Scott 16-yard touchdown run.

By the way, Scott is well down the depth chart and got more playing time because the top two running backs were out for Wyoming.

---------------------------------------------

IN OT

Wyoming got the ball first and Peasley led the Cowboys to a touchdown, with his 5-yard touchdown run giving them the lead. With its first possession, Texas Tech stayed entirely on the ground for the score, with Shough doing most of the honors before Tahj Brooks plunged in from six yards out to tie the game.

In the second overtime, Tech started with the football and eventually Shough connected with Jerand Bradley for a beautiful 15-yard fade for a touchdown. Needing to go for two, Shough was on the run and threw an incompletion.

Tech needed a stop and it nearly had it. On fourth down at the 11 the Red Raiders went for a full-on blitz. Peasley withstood it and tossed the ball out to John Michael Gyllenborg for a score to tie the game.

Wyoming then had a chance to win on a two-point conversation and put in the hands of Scott, who went off-tackle for the conversion and the win.

It was the first overtime loss under McGuire and the Red Raiders are now 1-5 on the road under the second-year coach.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2023/09/02/four-thoughts-on-texas-techs-35-33-loss-to-wyoming/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

And Texas receiving the lion's share of the PUF. And Leach's soul being unable to rest due to tech screwing him out of backpay. And....

I think it's been too long since the passing of Tupac, but always worth a shot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Tech’s season is over.

Nah. That comes next week when the Ducks go in dry in Lubbock.

55 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I expect the usual Tech rationale at work on Tuesday. “Well I guess we’re not that good. But we never are. So who cares?”

But if they somehow beat us in November, we’ll never ever hear the end of it. 

aka the Slorch.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Live look at @slorch and other Tech guys this morning 

371878993_283264747794947_74167038083308

Hah!  I was in H-town with some old friends, another of whom was a Baylor grad.  plenty of our buddies gave us heaping helpings of shit.

the game sucked.  The trip did not.

I'm not real big on slogans but all I thought of after the game was wanting to tell Joey that was more like "15 minutes of us."

\Lots of work to be done, but he knew that when he got there.  That loss last night was very Spike Dykes-esque, and not in a good way.  It's obvious this program is hardly out of the doldrums.  

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Hah!  I was in H-town with some old friends, another of whom was a Baylor grad.  plenty of our buddies gave us heaping helpings of shit.

the game sucked.  The trip did not.

I'm not real big on slogans but all I thought of after the game was wanting to tell Joey that was more like "15 minutes of us."

\Lots of work to be done, but he knew that when he got there.  That loss last night was very Spike Dykes-esque, and not in a good way.  It's obvious this program is hardly out of the doldrums.  

Very on brand for a piece of shit tech loser to find a trip to the concrete swamp that is Houston to be exhilarating.