2022 National Rankings (AP, Coaches, CFP) Meta Thread

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Royal Horn said:

Yep, Texas ranked only to bolster Bama resume'.  Happens every year

Actually we started the season unranked and topped out at #20. I don't think we were particularly over-rated this year. We did play like the #20 team at times (especially in first halves).

And we were unranked when we played Bama so the conspiracy to bolster Bama's resume was not particularly effective.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20221101-230720_kindlephoto-2865315.thumb.png.22dc09749622cd935d703bdbb5ee2ec6.png

Screenshot_20221101-230907_kindlephoto-2971283.thumb.png.506a10cf7a1459e16da1fccdff650c43.png

Horny Toads are almost extinct. Weird thing to think about as they used to be all over Texas. Bama shouldn’t be allowed back in. I hope TN takes out Georgia. Just my two cents. I was hoping for some weird ass 7 way tie in the Big 10 West. We are still in it. But if KState takes us out hope TCU can make it in somehow. Something I’d never thought I’d say.

0F28058F-1451-456B-A85E-03A1BF9D05F1.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Horny Toads are almost extinct. Weird thing to think about as they used to be all over Texas. Bama shouldn’t be allowed back in. I hope TN takes out Georgia. Just my two cents. I was hoping for some weird ass 7 way tie in the Big 10 West. We are still in it. But if KState takes us out hope TCU can make it in somehow. Something I’d never thought I’d say.

0F28058F-1451-456B-A85E-03A1BF9D05F1.jpeg

You had me up until the TCU making it in part…

I don’t wish any success for the cockroaches.  Hell, then again we might have to play the role of the cockroach on 11/12…

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

This is why the playoff needs 16 teams, idiots like this run the show

What a shithead…Alabama has been behind in a game when it’s most important-at the end. Not to mention they barely squeaked out a win over aggy.  They just make shit up to justify the rankings.

• Like 1

Alabama won't back in, slide in, or be "allowed" in the CFP unless they win out and if they win out they should be in. This issue could easily become moot Saturday night in Baton Rouge. LSU is rising and Bama has struggled on the road. If TCU wins out, they'll be in, and should be. Let the chips fall where they may, let's rock and roll.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

You had me up until the TCU making it in part…

I don’t wish any success for the cockroaches.  Hell, then again we might have to play the role of the cockroach on 11/12…

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

I didn’t say I was cool with it sir…lol. But if we lose to KState and TCU beats us also I don’t think Bama should be in the final four. I said it poorly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Alabama won't back in, slide in, or be "allowed" in the CFP unless they win out and if they win out they should be in. This issue could easily become moot Saturday night in Baton Rouge. LSU is rising and Bama has struggled on the road. If TCU wins out, they'll be in, and should be. Let the chips fall where they may, let's rock and roll.

Said it better than me. This.

Both schools of thought are right.  TCU should be rated higher if this is a resume contest. We would be if we had that resume. I also think a decent chance we are undefeated right now if we play TCU's schedule and I don't think they could hang with any of the other undefeated teams (except Clemson).  I'm impressed they haven't slipped up yet, and they are a solid squad, but I still think they lose 2 in conference.   

Edited by Skipper

19 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Doesn't matter. When we pants TCU they will slide back anyway

TCU can definitely lose any of the games left on the schedule. Including TTU this weekend. 

On the other hand, they could have lost almost every game so far. But they didn’t.

Good teams find ways to win. That’s what they’ve done so far. They’re playing with house money at this point, fast, loose, and free. Which makes them more dangerous. 

On 10/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, LTtxfan said:

This Saturday at Notre Dame might be best shot to see Clemson lose before a possible ACC Championship game.

If Clemson goes undefeated, they are likely in the playoffs, even though they are not deserving of a Top 4 ranking.

Irish trying to take Clemson out...

Irish 1st and 10 on own 25yd line

Up 28-7 in 4th qtr      10min left

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Right where we want to be. In between Tulane and Liberty.

This post confused the hell out of me for about five seconds.

Neither would be anywhere near our ranking if they played our schedule. The benefits of being a non-power 5 is you get to look good in the lower top 25 rankings with poor SoS. When they fuck up and get too high in the rankings, they get bopped on the nose.

• Hook 'Em 1

AP Top 25

RK
TEAM
REC PTS
TREND
GeorgiaGeorgia(62)
9-0 1574
-
2 9-0 1500
-
3 9-0 1455
TCUTCU
9-0 1361
5 8-1 1339
6 8-1 1258
LSULSU
7-2 1132
USCUSC
8-1 1061
9 8-1 1040
10 7-2 1009
11 8-1 962
-
12 8-1 938
13 7-2 881
14 7-2 735
15 8-1 676
16 8-1 607
17 7-2 547
18 6-3 399
NR
19 8-1 358
20 6-3 316
NR
21 7-2 262
UCFUCF
7-2 257
23 6-3 247
24 7-2 187
NR
25 6-3 78
NR

Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: Cincinnati 74, Kentucky 61, Coastal Carolina 46, Wake Forest 34, Oklahoma State 21, Baylor 19, Kansas 10, Mississippi State 8, South Carolina 6, Troy 5, UTSA 5, Oregon State 3, Louisville 3, San José State 1

Dropped from rankings: Oklahoma State 18, Wake Forest 20, Syracuse 22, Oregon State 24

38 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Bruins stay at 12.  What horseshit.  Boo Corrigan is a bitter little bitch about the Holiday Bowl cancellation last year.  What a little cunt.

Because he makes shit up, this is from a week ago:

After the rankings reveal, chair of the CFP selection committee Boo Corrigan revealed the reason as to why they had ranked Alabama over TCU. Corrigan said that they are “looking for a balanced team on offense and defense” in regards to TCU, while pointing out Alabama’s wins over Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Texas, in addition to their close loss to Tennessee.

• Rage+1 1