Scott Frost - a very rich unemployed person

immamac

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m sure they negotiated the buyout down.  They told him look, we ARE going to fire you Oct 1.  But do you really want to be here for 3 more weeks knowing you’re gone?

I don’t think that’s an Alberts-Frost discussion. He just says, “we’re letting you go now”. Conversations have either already occurred between his camp and Nebraska, or more likely will be occurring now. $7.5 million is nothing for them or any big school, especially when compared to the National laughingstock they are. Michigan and Tennessee never fell this far. We never came close. When you think it couldn’t get worse under Strong or Sark last year, it most definitely can. Much harder at Texas just due to the athletes Texas HSFB puts out, but it can be worse. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

I don’t think that’s an Alberts-Frost discussion. He just says, “we’re letting you go now”. Conversations have either already occurred between his camp and Nebraska, or more likely will be occurring now. $7.5 million is nothing for them or any big school, especially when compared to the National laughingstock they are. Michigan and Tennessee never fell this far. We never came close. When you think it couldn’t get worse under Strong or Sark last year, it most definitely can. Much harder at Texas just due to the athletes Texas HSFB puts out, but it can be worse. 

No way that happens people with money like money. They could let him know hey we're starting official search whether you leave or not. As sucky a coach as he's been, he's still a Nebraska alum.

No one's paying him 7.5M when they could just as easily say we're paying you but don't come to work until Oct 1st.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No way that happens people with money like money. They could let him know hey we're starting official search whether you leave or not. As sucky a coach as he's been, he's still a Nebraska alum.

No one's paying him 7.5M when they could just as easily say we're paying you but don't come to work until Oct 1st.

I don’t know and I don’t care. It’s sad to see how truly bad they are and I can’t stand them or Casey. This clearly is an all hands on deck, urgent moment, and the evidence is glaringly clear Frost cannot lead the program for 1 more day. Money is money and this isn’t that much. 

no way Campbell, Klieman, or Aranda go to that stinking pile of shit

they all 3 have jobs where they are easily safe for the next 4 years and if they do as well or better than they have done they will have 10X the opportunities to move on if they even want to

Nebraska is about as shitty as Kansas after Mangino right now with little to suggest they climb out of it.....much less with USC and even UCLA coming in to fuck them up every year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tx ind said:

BoB would be an amazing train wreck.

Do they want to kill off the program ?

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

they all 3 have jobs where they are easily safe for the next 4 years and if they do as well or better than they have done they will have 10X the opportunities to move on if they even want to

Nebraska is about as shitty as Kansas after Mangino right now with little to suggest they climb out of it.....much less with USC and even UCLA coming in to fuck them up every year

mangino would kick ass there 

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would write a coaching contract where the buyout drops in the middle of the freaking season.  

Who does that benefit?  Who demanded that clause in the contract?

Typical government shit with their fiscal year starting 10/1, typically.

48 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Shocked at only the timing.   My understanding is that Nebraska’s athletic department isn’t exactly making a lot of money so I thought they would wait until the buyout dropped. 

Some old farmers pr something probably chipped up and said do it. 

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How’s the fishing in Lincoln ?

id go after dion sanders and give him him free reign. Their program is stale and non relevant. It needs new blood and a new look 

There’s a pretty good flathead lake north of there. That’s all I got.

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t know and I don’t care. It’s sad to see how truly bad they are and I can’t stand them or Casey. This clearly is an all hands on deck, urgent moment, and the evidence is glaringly clear Frost cannot lead the program for 1 more day. Money is money and this isn’t that much. 

D341B26D-B12D-4659-8D5C-AB4496A197D5.gif.ea679f523e3fe6dae3eb25b6521f09bc.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

its gonna be funny as fuck to watch that shithole start out by shooting for the stars, and gradually readjust their expectations. Trev is gonna be left standing in the corner with his dick in his hand. Gotta be one of the hardest jobs to fill these days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexasMan said:

A new contender emerges

Ironically, they would be better. He might prove to be Mike Singletary, but he’s a smart dude and no way their D would be that bad. 

I think Nebraska is a really tough job, but there is zero reason why they shouldn’t be a .500 team on average. 

Alberts won’t be hurt by this directly. He’s too new on the scene. His fate as AD will be solely dictated by this next hire. Indirectly, he’s fucked, because it’ll be difficult to win over fans without a quick turnaround above .500 ball and that’ll be tough with a talentless roster. See Sark in ‘21, but with much, much less talent. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

its gonna be funny as fuck to watch that shithole start out by shooting for the stars, and gradually readjust their expectations. Trev is gonna be left standing in the corner with his dick in his hand. Gotta be one of the hardest jobs to fill these days. 

yea you know you are fucked when your job to hire a coach is probably worse than Auburn or Tennessee

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Agreed.  They are in desperation mode.  They’ve sucked for a good long time and NU is a hard place to recruit for right now.  Makes you wonder if they are set up for a Jimbo type hire.  Way overpaying on a way too long contract for a guy they see as a sure thing. 

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Despite his impressive pre-season troll of aggy, Brando is a moron of the highest order.

57 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

You serious?  County scholarships, partial qualifiers, JUCO pipeline, and steroids.  The formation of the Big 12/BCS coincided with the majority of their system breaking down, getting outlawed, and/or coming under more scrutiny.

Exactly. Shit they didn't need Texas or the Big 12 to do. They could absolutely get away with all of that shit in today's college football.

43 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m sure they negotiated the buyout down.  They told him look, we ARE going to fire you Oct 1.  But do you really want to be here for 3 more weeks knowing you’re gone?

Why would he agree to any decrease of the contracted buyout? He can hold on for three weeks, knowing he's dumped, for $7.5M. That's a lot of scratch.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Why would he agree to any decrease of the contracted buyout? He can hold on for three weeks, knowing he's dumped, for $7.5M. That's a lot of scratch.

They probably gave him an option. Get lowered buyout the easy way or the full settlement the hard way. (Years of lawsuits). Everyone has a number 

I get everyone's argument regarding NU being a shit job.  They are well supported arguments and logical.  That said, I stupidly expect NU to get a solid hire.  Conference realignment has made B1G jobs even more attractive, NU has out-recruited the West even while sucking, it's still a big brand, they have money, and they have a $160M dollar facility upgrade scheduled to be completed next year.  The right coach could do pretty well there.  Currently nobody in Nebraska expects to be competing for championships.  Competing for the division would be enough for awhile.  

It's silly season and I choose to be naively optimistic.  I have lived through the Callahan and Riley hires so I'm aware of how this will likely go.  

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yeah they gonna be all like “we gettin Saban.” You’ll take Charlie and like it.

Or “we gettin Urban.” You’ll take Sark and like it.

Gonna be hilarious.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah they gonna be all like “we gettin Saban.” You’ll take Charlie and like it.

Or “we gettin Urban.” You’ll take Sark and like it.

Gonna be hilarious.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c4eb87971f9182fc2e

Don't plunge the knife in too deep, there. 

Gonna confess, I feel a little bad for Frost. He won Nebraska's last national championship as a QB, and 25 years later, the student section, none of whom were even born in his glory days, were chanting to fire him. 

BTW, I may be looking for a new reporting job. My publisher is an Alabama Crimson Tide and Minnesota Vikings fan. He told me the hit on Ewers was a clean hit. I told him Pearson didn't push off. We'll see what happens. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would write a coaching contract where the buyout drops in the middle of the freaking season.  

Who does that benefit?  Who demanded that clause in the contract?

Trev Alberts, I presume? I’m not sure how he’s qualified to be an AD. If I were a Husker fan, I wouldn’t be thrilled with him having the responsibility of hiring the next coach. 

29 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They probably gave him an option. Get lowered buyout the easy way or the full settlement the hard way. (Years of lawsuits). Everyone has a number 

Why would it take years of lawsuits? Is it not clearly written that if he's fired before 10/1, he's due $15M. If after 10/1, he's due $7.5M?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trev Alberts, I presume? I’m not sure how he’s qualified to be an AD. If I were a Husker fan, I wouldn’t be thrilled with him having the responsibility of hiring the next coach. 

Trev Alberts didn't become Nebraska AD until 2021. Frost was hired in December, 2017.

• immamac changed the title to Scott Frost - a very rich unemployed person