Scott Frost - a very rich unemployed person

immamac

It doesn't matter who Nebraska hires to replace Frost - they're done. Cutting off their TX recruiting pipeline killed this program. Their Big 8 success formula, farm boys on steroids + Prop 48 thugs, isn't happening in the B1G.

RIP, corn. It couldn't happen to a douchier administration, except aggy.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Tom Herman would be the perfect replacement for Frost. Would cobble together a few 8-5 seasons and some Outback Bowl wins and would be hailed a hero.

Not if they plan to renovate the locker room. 

(If aggy had hired him, he would have brought their entire stadium down with that swing.)

tom-herman (1).gif

Edited by Deej

“He did a lot of good things,” Frost said of the Texas transfer. “We added a lot of talent to this team, Casey being one of them. There’s a learning curve in this league. I’ve gone through it. You can’t just be negative-one in turnovers and make a bad decision as a head coach on an onside kick.

Maybe they shouldn't have fired Solich.....or Pelini. Callahan, Riley and especially Frost have been colossal flops. I'll gain immense satisfaction out of another 3 or 4 win season from Nebraska. Fuck'em and hard luck to em, bunch of whiny pricks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

220636874847df5b9ad4fd87d98c893c.jpg

It was this game, with a young Colt McCoy.

Hook’em!

was watching that game at the official Texas Exes bar in LA. The Satellite service at the bar went out literally as the ball was being snapped for our final FG attempt. The timing was movie-like. Whole place erupted in disbelief. Someone ended up standing on a chair and doing play by play via a cell phone call. I even remember a second eruption of disbelief when he shouted, “last play of the game…Hail Mary…incomplete!” Everybody cheered! “No wait, there’s a flag!”

We committed a roughing the passer  penalty on the last play of the game. 

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

12 June 2010: corn leaves

19 January 2011: LHN announced

Timeline is similar with aggy, except aggy officially announced leaving later. They were playing footsies with the SEC well before they knew LHN was launching. Slimy assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He’s toast.  They had real trouble running the ball and stopping the run for most of the game.  That gets you 5-7 in that league and most leagues.  He lost the game with his onsides kick call.  
Wait, didn't Casey recently say Corn has a deeper RB room than Texas? Does not compute..lololol

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:17 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

Reminds me of when I took my oldest to SeaWorld  back in 1998 and caught 80's hit band Survivor at the Nautilus amphitheater at like 2 in the afternoon.

Honestly it probably would have been the same in 1982 for Survivor.

20 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Tom Herman would be the perfect replacement for Frost. Would cobble together a few 8-5 seasons and some Outback Bowl wins and would be hailed a hero.

Damn, I see ya' believe in kicking a man when's down.  In reality, that would be kinda fucked up; knowing you got replaced by TH.

22 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Was watching that game. Right after the onside kick I stood up and walked out of the room and told my wife that’s the stupidest play call I’ve possibly ever seen. Save for some Greg Davis calls.

Onside kick reminded me of 2020 v Iowa State. Up 20-13 with under 2 mins left in the 3rd, we fucking go for it on 4th & 8 at midfield. Dicker throws a pass well short of the sticks. We end up losing that game 23-20. Mensa’d

I work with a number of people that hail from Nebraska. During the football season, I give them my opinion that corn from Iowa is superior to corn from Nebraska.

I also work with a number of people that hail from Iowa. During the football season, I give them my opinion that corn from Nebraska is superior to corn from Iowa.

I don't eat corn. I'm a carnivore. I just want to get them all good and pissed off. It's good for morale. My morale.

Edited by HOOK'EMHOOAH
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Onside kick reminded me of 2020 v Iowa State. Up 20-13 with under 2 mins left in the 3rd, we fucking go for it on 4th & 8 at midfield. Dicker throws a pass well short of the sticks. We end up losing that game 23-20. Mensa’d

Me too.  It was the same kind of stupid.  The Frost one was more of a momentum killer.   Here, take all the momentum we just generated.  But the end will be the same for both coaches. 

42 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

This should be stickied at the top of every page. 

She took me by surprise, and made me realize. I tell you what. 

I see the problem here- you are supposed to take her by surprise and make her realize.  You're flipping roles, like a nowthis sock.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Was watching that game. Right after the onside kick I stood up and walked out of the room and told my wife that’s the stupidest play call I’ve possibly ever seen. Save for some Greg Davis calls.

Greg Davis >>>>>>>>> Scott Frost.

48 minutes ago, MrBig said:

That was probably a Dicker thing. He did the same thing against Baylor last year on 4th &11, down by less than one score. You could hear the Baylor players shouting "fake!" before the snap. 

Most coaches give a punter the option of going for it if they see the opportunity (one side underloaded, obvious return on or whatever.)

Two coaches, same bad decision. 

Based on their current recruiting footprint and resources, Nebraska should be able to build the exact same type of team/program that exists at Wisconsin and Iowa.  The problem for them is that they'll fire any coach who builds that type of program because 9 wins a year isn't enough in Lincoln.  

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I work with a number of people that hail from Nebraska. During the football season, I give them my opinion that corn from Iowa is superior to corn from Nebraska.

I also work with a number of people that hail from Iowa. During the football season, I give them my opinion that corn from Nebraska is superior to corn from Iowa.

I don't eat corn. I'm a carnivore. I just want to get them all good and pissed off. It's good for morale. My morale.

Looks like somebody is a regular Conrad Dobler...or perhaps Cornrad Dobler.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Scott Frost - a very rich unemployed person