Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I have a question. Hear me out, I know I know, but it's about Quinn Ewers.

Can someone explain why Ewers has a better QB rating in the second half? Is the entire first half scripted? I have heard references to this. 

Second but related question. Why does Quinn never appear to audible out of bad plays? I will hang up and listen.

Damn, I came here to talk about the Godzillatron and you be all on subject and shit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Isn't every thread, essentially, the Vince Young thread?

And not a damn thing wrong with that. Fuck Jeff Fisher. I will never forget that memorable moment when Vince led that 4th quarter comeback against the Texans on Sunday night. How can an NFL quarterback that looked so good not become a hall of famer!? Rhetorical by the way.  Also, lost my 2005 Rose Bowl DVD. Was there ever a bluray edition?

Edited by Enemy07
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I should have mentioned that Bradley went on the become a damn good defensive back for the Eagles. I think he got All-Pro honors

I predict Quinn matches Dollar Bill Bradley’s 3 Pro Bowls (2 All-Pro) but doesn’t match Bradley by leading the NFL in INTs two consecutive years.

13 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I have a question. Hear me out, I know I know, but it's about Quinn Ewers.

Can someone explain why Ewers has a better QB rating in the second half? Is the entire first half scripted? I have heard references to this. 

Second but related question. Why does Quinn never appear to audible out of bad plays? I will hang up and listen.

For the first question, I think it comes down to two factors:  1. Sark has had a half to get an idea of how the defense is working agains the Longhorns and he makes good adjustments to whatever he’s seeing out there.  2 - Quinn has matured since last season and no longer spirals after he makes mistakes.  You put those two factors together, you get a better second half QB rating.

For the second question, an “audible” is an outdated concept.  In modern football, coaches try to directly control everything as much as possible.  Consequently, most coaches run a sort of “check with me” process pre-snap where you line up, look at the defense’s alignment, then check with the sideline about what play to run.  So the coach is effectively “calling audibles” by calling a play based on how the defense is aligned.  Also, most passing plays have some measure of flexibility built in based on how the defense plays.  If zone, I break off the route and turn around in the soft spot.  If man, I go deep post.  No matter what the defense does, the QB and WR should be on the same page about how to handle it without needing to change the play pre-snap.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fumbles said:

For the first question, I think it comes down to two factors:  1. Sark has had a half to get an idea of how the defense is working agains the Longhorns and he makes good adjustments to whatever he’s seeing out there.  2 - Quinn has matured since last season and no longer spirals after he makes mistakes.  You put those two factors together, you get a better second half QB rating.

For the second question, an “audible” is an outdated concept.  In modern football, coaches try to directly control everything as much as possible.  Consequently, most coaches run a sort of “check with me” process pre-snap where you line up, look at the defense’s alignment, then check with the sideline about what play to run.  So the coach is effectively “calling audibles” by calling a play based on how the defense is aligned.  Also, most passing plays have some measure of flexibility built in based on how the defense plays.  If zone, I break off the route and turn around in the soft spot.  If man, I go deep post.  No matter what the defense does, the QB and WR should be on the same page about how to handle it without needing to change the play pre-snap.

Username kind of doesn’t check out?

5 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Man @Fumbles I don’t see where you come off just answering a question straight up.  Don’t you know where you are?  No pie opinion?  No new nuance of the the Simms/Applewhite debate?

but thanks for the insightful answer. Appreciate that. 

He's a rebel and he'll never ever be any good

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Born to Run said:
7 hours ago, TreatyOak said:
Quinn9.jpg    Quinn12.jpg
So happy for Quinn. He is a great QB and a really good person. 
Randomness update: I saw my first Cybertruck today. It's so awesome!!!!

Last part not sure if serious.

You don’t like the new and improved(ish) Pontiac Aztek?

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Those things haven't been deemed a public safety hazard yet? 

It looked like a Teutonic knight clad in stainless steel armor as it bestrode a glimmering path across the highway. With its futuristic, stealth-inspired lines, it instantly made all the other cars and SUV’s around it look hopelessly dated. The future that we have been so long promised has indeed finally arrived. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

It looked like a Teutonic knight clad in stainless steel armor as it bestrode a glimmering path across the highway. With its futuristic, stealth-inspired lines, it instantly made all the other cars and SUV’s around it look hopelessly dated. The future that we have been so long promised has indeed finally arrived. 

It’s ugly as fuck

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

You use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s ugly as fuck

Many great design innovations are initially met w derision, as people generally lack vision and prefer what is familiar to them. The Eiffel Tower was considered a horrific eyesore when it was first built. Even more surprising, New York’s incredible Chrysler Building was initially deemed a monstrosity. Today, it is rightly considered one of the most beautiful buildings constructed in the 20th Century. 

45 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

It ain’t a gottdam flying car.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Many great design innovations are initially met w derision, as people generally lack vision and prefer what is familiar to them. The Eiffel Tower was considered a horrific eyesore when it was first built. Even more surprising, New York’s incredible Chrysler Building was initially deemed a monstrosity. Today, it is rightly considered one of the most beautiful buildings constructed in the 20th Century. 

Billy Bob Bubba says bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/27/2023 at 7:14 AM, TreatyOak said:

Just buy one and post a pic. That would be awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck yeah!

Quinn came back to Texas and has taken on the mantle of leadership at the University. He went into Tuscaloosa and crushed those backwater bastards. He led Texas to a Big XII championship. Dude is a certified badass and has played an instrumental role in bringing Texas back to the top. Can't wait to see where this ride ends.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/30/2023 at 12:11 PM, shadow_operative said:

two things: 

1)the throw from that first clip, the deep ball to AD down the sideline, was the prettiest deep ball i’ve seen since VY to Billy Pittman at the cotton bowl in 2005.

2)when pat mcafee started talking about what QE sees when he’s wearing short shorts and he looks down, i thought he was going to say something totally different lol. 

Didn’t know where to put this and didn’t want to start a new thread but it blew my mind.

Only 2 QBs have ever won both a college national championship and a Super Bowl.  Both named Joe.

7 hours ago, Alot said:

Didn’t know where to put this and didn’t want to start a new thread but it blew my mind.

Only 2 QBs have ever won both a college national championship and a Super Bowl.  Both named Joe.

Not exactly . . . Tom Brady was on the Michigan team that won a split national title in 1997.  He wasn't the starter, but he did play a little bit.

his mechanics, footwork, and accuracy on the final play are indefensible. very good qb. not the guy. i’m counting down the days until arch is QB1.

also, there was a camera shot of QE on the sideline early in the 4Q and he looked like someone had shot his dog. down 13 with every chance to win the game and he appeared disconsolate. the opposite of inspiring. really disheartening in fact. 

i hope he returns, and i hope he grows. but as of now? man. the hype far exceeds the product on the field. hard ti believe in him in. ig moments like this. it is what it is.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Fuck You 9