Concerts you are attending

bamachine

A guy I take serious told me they were trying to get Black Keys to play Sunday W2 (some bands only play one weekend at ACL) in between their Texas dates.  Either way, will be awesome to seem them rock the new Moody.  

Nothing sounds good in the Erwin Center.  I saw them record at ACL Moody a few years ago and they killed it.  I think Moody should be about as big of an indoor space as they play so I'm looking forward to it.  One thing I've noticed, there is no shortage of genres represented in the first 12 mos. of Moody Center programming.  We'll know real quick what kinda concert is good to see there and which kind is gonna suck.   

For indoor shows, We have ACL Live/ACL TV Show/Moody Theater, The Long Center, and Bass Concert Hall=~3,000 people each (all too small for the Black Keys IMO, unless they're taping)

Moody Arena=10-15,000 people (I think the sound quality will depend a lot on the configuration but the lower roof and bendable acoustics at the "corners" should help quite a bit.  

Yeah, Black Keys are best suite for a big outdoor show or something along the lines of 7-10k indoors.  

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Band of Horses opening makes me want to go but I know it will be way too expensive for what a BK's show should be at this point.

I'm only a very casual fan of Black Keys but I fucking love Band of Horses. Too bad BoH will only have an hour-long set before BK.

• Hook 'Em 2

first time at at&t center.

it is fairly awesome.

hope we get the six minute DC drum solo🤘later! 😎

ETA: we did and then some! just incredible. show kicked all kinds of ass. better than Austin show two years ago. the glitter confetti was a fucking TRIP! one of those 'holy shit this moment is spectacular' kinda trips. 

would do again 😎

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Adam Jones from Tool was getting coffee today in SA and saw this tip jar and gave them tickets for tonight. Talk about lottery level luck.

f433afe27031d17015b4329c1886612c.jpg

Maynard ordered food from GrubHub earlier in the day yesterday and someone stole the delivery guy's car with the food in it...'some motherfucking car thief out there ate my moo goo gai pan. so how was your day??' 😁

my ears are still ringing. 

On 2/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, mchookem said:

Maynard ordered food from GrubHub earlier in the day yesterday and someone stole the delivery guy's car with the food in it...'some motherfucking car thief out there ate my moo goo gai pan. so how was your day??' 😁

my ears are still ringing. 

2 days out...still ringing...

20220202_231124.jpg

20220202_230952.jpg

20220202_230430.jpg

20220202_231238.jpg

20220202_230930.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, Sandman said:

I saw Elton John Sunday night. He can't get around very well or hit the high notes anymore but it was still a great show. He had some sort of extended outro or something at the end of Rocket Man that was fucking awesome. 

Was trying to talk to Jr ongoing to his Dallas shows as to try and gets him to see the classic acts before they all go away forever, but being weeknight shows and babysitting issues plus Elton canceling put the brakes on that idea. 

I have tickets to The Killers on June 3 & 4 at the Emirates and again on June 14 outside of Dublin (Malahide Castle). I think these were bought back in 2019 for a 2020 tour that was postponed twice. Need to find away to start unloading these as I am really only interested in one of the London shows.

Wife and I just got tix for their show at MSG in NYC on 9/30. Gonna make a weekend trip out of it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I didn't get to see the Duran Duran concert at ACL. It had Simon, Nick, and John. Why, why, why was this not a topic? They were a staple of my Junior High and early High School years. I would have gladly paid $1000 a ticket, for myself and my high school girlfriend. Mrs. CHIEF was a little young, and would have had to have stayed home. They are now touring Sweden, I wanted to save the air fare. Oh what could have been.

CHIEF

On 2/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, CHIEF said:

I didn't get to see the Duran Duran concert at ACL. It had Simon, Nick, and John. Why, why, why was this not a topic? They were a staple of my Junior High and early High School years. I would have gladly paid $1000 a ticket, for myself and my high school girlfriend. Mrs. CHIEF was a little young, and would have had to have stayed home. They are now touring Sweden, I wanted to save the air fare. Oh what could have been.

CHIEF

are you saying you weren't aware that they were playing ACL? They replaced Stevie Nicks when she pulled out due to Covid concerns. This was announced August 11

Figured I had to circle back to this since I posted about it previously. Kacey Musgraves last night (v-day, wife). She actually puts on a really good, entertaining show. Her voice is even better in person than when I hear her albums or on TV. Say what you want about her music or style but she is really talented. So if anyone wants to score easy points with significant other, consider it a safe option.

As a sidenote for some of you folks, the AAC was jam packed and the sheer volume of hot, young, well-dressed, single Dallas ass there was almost overwhelming. There were prides of 3-10 20-somethings everywhere you looked. Just spectacular.