Concerts you are attending

bamachine

13 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Have tickets Wed for his show at ACL.

been following him for a while (well before the heart issues a couple of years ago), but finally saw him at a festival in Montana this summer and he /his band were fantastic.

looking forward to seeing a full set and also for Joshua Ray Walker opening who I’ve really gotten in to this year.

Big fan. Saw him a couple months ago at Scoot Inn. Dude is legit even if it feels like a bit of a shtick playing such retro stuff these days. Guy is good though and committed to the genre. Personally I love it. 

On tap for 2022:  Buddy Guy, Haim, Earth Wind Fire/Santana if Carlos doesn't croak first, Boz Skaggs, Jack White, Eagles, Yola.  In the last few months I've seen Keb Mo, The Circle, Lindsay Buckingham, Buddy Guy (his guitar player is a friend of mine so I'm permanently guest listed) and The Stones.  Just got my $62.50 back from the COTA parking debacle, sometimes going moderate Karen has its perks.  Had tickets for Jason Isbell but was sick and didn't make it to the concert, which pisses me off, may take a road trip and see him next year unless he comes back to Austin (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease).  Was out of town when Billy Strings rolled through, he's on the short list too as is Brandi Carlile.  May have to somehow make Foo happen as well.  

Happy New Year one and all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

Tool in San Antonio in 3 weeks...unless fucking omicron fucking fucks things up. fuck.  

Seeing them at the Tacoma Dome Tuesday the11th. Great seats for regular price. First time seeing them live. Always sell out way before I can score ticks. Damn thing better not cancel!

54 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Metallica is awesome live. If you’ve never seen them, you should. Looks like other than the Vegas show, they’ll be in Europe all summer. 

If you’ve never caught Iron Maiden, they will be at the Moody Center in September. Always a great show.

I’ve seen Metallica 4 times and Iron Maiden once. Add Iron Maiden to the want to watch list.

seeing Metallica in Europe or South America is on my to do list. Those concerts just have a different energy 

The energy is different, but not always in a positive way. Crowds are definitely rougher, but not always. Depends on the country, band, and who knows what else.

It is definitely an experience, but not really a super huge difference overall.

You can get to see some pretty interesting setups though, which can be fun in their own right.

GF and I went to Red Rocks to see The National a few years ago. Had a great time but it was snowing and really cold. Going back in April for Kevin Gates and Gucci Mane. Also have tickets in 2022 for:

Beach House at Waterloo Park

Spiritualized at Scoot Inn

Rage Against the Machine w/Run the Jewels in Las Cruces

Girl Talk at Emo’s

Pavement at Moody Theater

I’ll be stoked if all these shows actually happen. 

BottleRock (Memorial Day weekend) lineup announced.

Looking forward to Metallica, The Black Crowes, Greta Van Fleet, Mount Westmore (Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40, Too $hort), Spoon, and The Wailers featuring Julian Marley. Kosha Dillz on the last row is pretty good. 

Any recommendations for other performers to checkout?

AD3B2C83-6704-4342-A794-930112B58896.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking forward to Metallica, The Black Crowes, Greta Van Fleet, Mount Westmore (Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40, Too $hort), Spoon, and The Wailers featuring Julian Marley. Kosha Dillz on the last row is pretty good. 

AD3B2C83-6704-4342-A794-930112B58896.jpeg.ff7031f2f80a65cacad5e94c56fab42e.jpeg

Greensky Bluegrass is quirky fun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Gonna see Deer Tick and Trampled by Turtles at Stubbs tomorrow night. Alt-J and Portugal. The Man in Houston in March. Will be in Colorado Springs in May and hoping to see something at Red Rocks since I’ve never been, but no plans yet. 

White Oak Music Hall AF71F489-C857-4366-8FD9-D6CCCF0CEA96.thumb.jpeg.2b0ae1813fa682979ea0a32a28fe2844.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

AD3B2C83-6704-4342-A794-930112B58896.jpeg.ff7031f2f80a65cacad5e94c56fab42e.jpeg

I’ll be there. Also looking forward to Chvrches, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, Silversun Pickups, Marcus King, Grandson, Amos Lee
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ll be there. Also looking forward to Chvrches, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, Silversun Pickups, Marcus King, Grandson, Amos Lee

I found a BottleRock 2022 lineup playlist. RKS and Amos Lee are definitely on my radar now. Also, Fantastic Negrito and Greensky Bluegrass.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I found a BottleRock 2022 lineup playlist. RKS and Amos Lee are definitely on my radar now. Also, Fantastic Negrito and Greensky Bluegrass.  

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bought a single for War On Drugs this Friday. Rectifying a past mistake I made when I chose a different show in town over them when they last toured DFW. 

jealous.  i had planned on going (even alone if i had to), but when they announced that they were canceling the opening act due to omnicron i got scared the show would eventually be canceled and made other plans.  next time they roll through i have to be there.  

the war on drugs last night. the songs from lost in the dream are still the best live, and they played most of them that i wanted to hear. could have done without the slow numbers off the new album...rings around my father's eyes and occasional rain were a little lacking in energy.  i don't want to wait was the best song off the new album by far. overall really damned good. under the pressure is a fucking beast live. 

twod setlist.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

What time did War on Drugs come on? I know they don't have an opener and are supposed to go on at 8pm tomorrow. I hope they play Holding On. I was so stupid to not see them back when they were supporting A Deeper Understanding. 

Edited by mdmost

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What time did War on Drugs come on? I know they don't have an opener and are supposed to go on at 8pm tomorrow. I hope they play Holding On. I was so stupid to not see them back when they were supporting A Deeper Understanding. 

I didn't see that show.  I was quoting @stc in regard to All Them Witches.