Game Week West Virginia

Wulaw Horn

I’d be shocked if the Horns win tomorrow. 

People are underestimating WVU’s sheer hatred of Texas — this is a “rivalry” for them. Last time I was in West Virginia, I saw multiple horns down shirts, flags, etc., and I wasn’t even in Morgantown.

The Mountaineers will be well-rested (9 days off), and I am 100% confident they will play with more effort than Sark’s squad. Also, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but the Big 12 officials know that our season is hanging on by a thread. With a few “missed” calls, the Big 12 can send our program into a 2-3 start and another coaching search.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

People are underestimating WVU’s sheer hatred of Texas — this is a “rivalry” for them. Last time I was in West Virginia, I saw multiple horns down shirts, flags, etc., and I wasn’t even in Morgantown.

The Mountaineers will be well-rested (9 days off), and I am 100% confident they will play with more effort than Sark’s squad. Also, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but the Big 12 officials know that our season is hanging on by a thread. With a few “missed” calls, the Big 12 can send our program into a 2-3 start and another coaching search.

Stop being a pussy. Log off and come back Saturday evening. We all will be better for it. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Major cuckold/manlet energy

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

They’ve already lost to two teams they hate this year, so what’s another?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

You’re just flat out wrong in this one. Our DL controlled the LOS in the run game and our DTs were getting excellent push in the pocket all game. The only failure of the DL were our edges in pass rushing, which isn’t a surprise since our edge group is absolutely horrible. It was a massive failure by this staff to not be able to land a guy like Drew Sanders or Windmon from the portal. 

19 hours ago, gmr548 said:

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I did not see this at all live or in my re-watch. Sweat, Coburn and Murphy might have played the best game of their careers last week. We were constantly pushing the pocket. Not sure how a DL is supposed to "clear" things for the LB's in the passing game. The edge play was meh, as usual, which is probably why we couldn't get home despite the constant pressure we were getting, but the interior DL did their jobs. Tech got very little up in the middle in the run game and they were pretty active rushing the passer.

i guess i shall re-watch the whole game...  what i listed was what i saw on back-breaker plays... 

9 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Is there a scenario where texas keeps losing and Ewers says na I’m good. And doesn’t come back? I mean I don’t think so because he already transferred once. But who knows, we’re Texas

No. He’s exactly the kind of QB who is probably sitting there knowing we are 4-0 if he was playing. It’s probably killing him that he isn’t out there and just has to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Is there a scenario where texas keeps losing and Ewers says na I’m good. And doesn’t come back? I mean I don’t think so because he already transferred once. But who knows, we’re Texas

if we keep losing, he's going to get to renegotiate his signing bonus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

No sane person is 100% convinced we will lose tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a coin flip. It could go either way...and that is the problem. We should all be 100% convinced that we will beat this joke of a hillbilly football team, but we aren't, because of Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I tend to agree with the pessimism but there’s a small part of me where Bijan stops smiling and is like f it, I’m still here, give me the ball and has like 21 carries for 280 and 3 tds. Like I said, small part of me. 

That's great, but Bijan can't play defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I tend to agree with the pessimism but there’s a small part of me where Bijan stops smiling and is like f it, I’m still here, give me the ball and has like 21 carries for 280 and 3 tds. Like I said, small part of me. 

He ain’t getting 21 Carrie’s 

27 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Tomorrow is a coin flip. It could go either way...and that is the problem. We should all be 100% convinced that we will beat this joke of a hillbilly football team, but we aren't, because of Sark. 

But if we had the 2 OL Baylor took from the portal, we would be 4-0 and 3 TD favorites tomorrow, correct?

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

But if we had the 2 OL Baylor took from the portal, we would be 4-0 and 3 TD favorites tomorrow, correct?

Of course not. No one should ever take an o-lineman or quality edge rusher from the portal. We need to focus on taking WRs & pass-catching TEs who get suspended and don't produce for the team. Sark has the formula.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Of course not. No one should ever take an o-lineman or quality edge rusher from the portal. We need to focus on taking WRs & pass-catching TEs who get suspended and don't produce for the team. Sark has the formula.  

Exactly. Take the players who don't tear their ACL's. It's really that simple.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

This. I was being hyperbolic and overly pessimistic, but Sark has consistantly defied our expectations by losing the coin flips... I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but there's no evidence suggesting that this week will be any different. No player-led meeting or Inside Texas article sunshine-pumping about our improved team culture will convince me otherwise. It's time for Sark to start delivering Ws.

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

I was talking about Hall getting suspended. Bless your heart, you are doing the best you can to keep up. I'm proud of you!

Portal luck is not with Sark right now. Pretty much everyone he brought in improve the offense is on the bench right now. Only one that will definitely play had to overcome parking issues. J

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

Going to the game, but my son has a soccer game just prior. So we will rolling in after kick off which is suboptimal.
Any tips on fastest way to get to the stadium? Park off site and Uber? If so where? Coming from Round Rock.
Park at Highland and Uber?

I typically call an uber to snarfs sandwiches. Uber will route the driver around the gameday traffic. I don't have any advice on parking because I typically uber from the hotel.

• Hook 'Em 1

Last week we found out on the Thursday or Friday prior that Card was starting.
Was that an official announcement or an "insider" rumor?
Be cool if Ewers is healthy enough to start tomorrow.

There was nothing official. Early in the week there was buzz about Ewers, then later that got walked back.

I think you take the relative quiet as an indication that it’ll be Card again. If we were looking at the second coming of Mullet Jesus, the $9.95ers would be shouting “Ewers is coming!” as if they were Paul Revere.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Seeing as we had a players only meeting this week I think we win. And we win big. Because those meetings always are beneficial.  Mud.  Holee 

Bijan probably opened it up with "My brothers in Christ. Let us not lament the missed opportunities from this latest athletic contest - but instead affix our eyes to the horizon and know that we shall prevail through these turbulent times if we are truly stout of body, mind and spirit."

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Going to the game, but my son has a soccer game just prior. So we will rolling in after kick off which is suboptimal.
Any tips on fastest way to get to the stadium? Park off site and Uber? If so where? Coming from Round Rock.
Park at Highland and Uber?

You’re missing Kickoff, and possibly a 1st drive TD by Texas for a kids soccer game?!?! 

56724572-0717-4B2E-A646-5132E185A235.thumb.jpeg.f22baab9d54949b7517ffe29f9bbef05.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bijan probably opened it up with "My brothers in Christ. Let us not lament the missed opportunities from this latest athletic contest - but instead affix our eyes to the horizon and know that we shall prevail through these turbulent times if we are truly stout of body, mind and spirit."

Bijan a man of the cloth. This is accurate AF