OU @ TCU 11 am CT ABC (sat)

ztejas

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Kid is in tears, dumbass. It wasn't dirty.

1 minute ago, Vermin said:

He was a runner in the open field, not a defenseless QB.

Do you really not understand that a hit can be dirty without being intentionally dirty?  I.e. reckless dirty?

And do you also not understand that when a QB gives himself up with a slide, you can't launch into his helmet?

Have you ever seen football before?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, Pitt’s 3rd string QB is the guy, and OU is going to score just by handing off every play?  Cool, cool.

That TCU defensive reaction looked very familiar. Backup QB in for the first time? Let's play 5-6 in the box and attack less than we have all day for 3 plays in a row as they gash us so that he just has to hand it off. Total lack of situational awareness.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Jesus.  Once a QB slides, he’s considered defenseless. This isn’t a difficult concept 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

When you slide you become defenseless.  Give it a rest.  It was dirty. 

Unless you’re Hudson Card 

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

He was a runner in the open field, not a defenseless QB.

He gave himself up on the slide (although it was a late slide), so they would consider him defenseless.  Forcible contact to the head/neck of a defenseless player.

Edited by OU Sucks

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Jesus.  Once a QB slides, he’s considered defenseless. This isn’t a difficult concept 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

When you slide you become defenseless.  Give it a rest.  It was dirty. 

He didn't know he was sliding before he committed to the hit. He was going for correctly go for the chest, then guy slides and his head goes to where his chest was before he can react. It was an ugly hit, but completely inadvertent. There was no crown or defenseless player.

Just now, Vermin said:

He didn't know he was sliding before he committed to the hit. He was going for correctly go for the chest, then guy slides and his head goes to where his chest was before he can react. It was an ugly hit, but completely inadvertent. There was no crown or defenseless player.

This is dumb. Stop. His shoulder hit his head at what was originally thigh level. He lowered his shoulder and dropped after Gabriel started sliding. Your take is horrible and you should feel horrible for posting it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Here is my probably unpopular opinion. How about eliminate the slide and make a QB learn to cover up and take a hit like every other player on the field? If you are going to become a ball carrier act like one. There are enough ways to become defenseless without just laying prone on the field and hoping the defensive player has the time or inclination to stop their momentum. I played QB from 8-21. The thought of sliding and giving some ass a free shot never did nor would appeal to me as a player. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

This is dumb. Stop. His shoulder hit his head at what was originally thigh level. He lowered his shoulder and dropped after Gabriel started sliding. Your take is horrible and you should feel horrible for posting it.

I mean, I'm the guy who said I hoped ou burned to the ground and even I'm saying that was a bad hit.

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

"Goes to where his chest was". This isn't Kyler Murray. 

16646463253695469190918216758081.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1