2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

Just now, SpiralOut said:

So who is the next Longhorn to get drafted?  Is there one?  

I doubt tonight, but we will have others. Either Overshown or Coburn is my guess

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Does anybody actually believe Jerry is passing on one of the two big, country af, biscuits and gravy eating TEs? Nah

It will be either Kincaid or Musgrave

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty interesting in this day and age in the NFL that two RBs were selected before any WRs.
Not when Bijan is excellent catching out of the backfield and Gibbs is more of a receiver than between the tackles tailback...but yeah, that is a bit surprising.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
56 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:
Pretty interesting in this day and age in the NFL that two RBs were selected before any WRs.

Not when Bijan is excellent catching out of the backfield and Gibbs is more of a receiver than between the tackles tailback...but yeah, that is a bit surprising.

I completely agree that those two particular players have the skills to succeed in a pass-happy NFL.  But, generally speaking, it's remarkable that two RBs got taken before any WRs (as well as TEs) in light of the emphasis teams place on the passing game these days.  We haven't seen that happen in years, and it probably won't happen again for quite a while.