Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

14 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

If OU had money they should fire Venables tonight.  That's how god awful a hire he is.  From his tone deaf approach to the week with the media, which Mack was certainly guilty of, but from a football standpoint, that was it?  That was the plan?  "Nah we are not gonna really try to get a backup ready to run the offense, we are going to try to win this bitch against a pretty prolific offense, and fairly stout against the run defense by running a good half our our snaps from the Wildcat....oh and we are going to have 3 different triggermen to do it."  

What a complete shitshow. John Blake can finally RIP as OU has found a worse hire.  Oh and they are poor, so fucking wallow in it bitches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

DVR only got half the game even though I watched the whole damn thing.  .   Where and when does ABC replay the game that I can record it in whole and enjoy this glorious day all year when needed..:)

Should be on the ESPN app 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What adds a little extra to this is that both of blow-U's last 2 coaches are hand picked by Stoops.    Wonder-boy Riley did a midnight run and pulled most of their player talent with him.  Then the dick-gobbler desperately brings back Venables - who he had been forced to shit-can in 2012.  Early results on BV are similar to Charlie Strong.   Couldn't happen to a better group.

Edited by MIkeHoncho
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

DVR only got half the game even though I watched the whole damn thing.  .   Where and when does ABC replay the game that I can record it in whole and enjoy this glorious day all year when needed..:)

It'll be available on YouTube soon like every other game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If OU had money they should fire Venables tonight.  That's how god awful a hire he is.  From his tone deaf approach to the week with the media, which Mack was certainly guilty of, but from a football standpoint, that was it?  That was the plan?  "Nah we are not gonna really try to get a backup ready to run the offense, we are going to try to win this bitch against a pretty prolific offense, and fairly stout against the run defense by running a good half our our snaps from the Wildcat....oh and we are going to have 3 different triggermen to do it."  

What a complete shitshow. John Blake can finally RIP as OU has found a worse hire.  Oh and they are poor, so fucking wallow in it bitches.

I mean.  I don’t think I can argue.  Have to keep him and see if he can close this top 5 class.  And give another year.  But all signs point to wtf, next…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean.  I don’t think I can argue.  Have to keep him and see if he can close this top 5 class.  And give another year.  But all signs point to wtf, next…

Is he getting a top 5 class because he brought the Clemson church funnel under the table payment system with him, or because he’s so well liked?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Is he getting a top 5 class because he brought the Clemson church funnel under the table payment system with him, or because he’s so well liked?

He may be a well liked moron.  You guys know the type.  Will waste a ton of talent if this plays out like it’s looking today.  

• Like 1

@ChiTownDoc I was also fairly amused that Venables just took the shutout like that at the end.  Didn't even try to mount anything those last few drives to keep that streak intact.  If you try and fail, so be it....but at least fucking try.  It's not like a pick 6 or something that was really going to make it any worse.  

I enjoyed it a lot obviously, but I'm not sure I've ever seen such a combination of brain dead AND gutless coaching.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

@ChiTownDoc I was also fairly amused that Venables just took the shutout like that at the end.  Didn't even try to mount anything those last few drives to keep that streak intact.  If you try and fail, so be it....but at least fucking try.  It's not like a pick 6 or something that was really going to make it any worse.  

I enjoyed it a lot obviously, but I'm not sure I've ever seen such a combination of brain dead AND gutless coaching.  

No doubt.  The writing was on the wall.  All week long talking about it being ‘just another game’.  Wish I put more on UT.  $900 still buys plenty of booze.  I’ll need it.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2