Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, mvlonghorns said:

Can someone with more football knowledge than myself weigh in on why Worthy was fairly quiet this game? Did the 0U sell out to take him away which left Whittington and Sanders open? I was surprised he only had like 3 catches and 30 yards given how great Ewers was slinging it.

Yes they were playing three high to take away deep balls. Worthy needs to add some more intermediate and crossing routes to his skill set. Not sure if that's him or the coaches but that's exactly when DeVonta Smith took off into the stratosphere. Right now Worthy makes a living off catches at the line of scrimmage or 40 yards downfield.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just to clarify, this is Rule 4, Article 3 of the NCAA rules

image.png.4e438f1d0ee0db6379b4ec1d440a8aae.png
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but according to that rule the ball is still alive only if the kicker runs, passes, etc in a kick simulation. It specifically says an offensive player (kicker) can do it if the ball is held in a place-kick position by a teammate. It doesn't say the teammate can throw it with a knee on the ground. Unless there is more to that rule you didn't clip.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but according to that rule the ball is still alive only if the kicker runs, passes, etc in a kick simulation. It specifically says an offensive player (kicker) can do it if the ball is held in a place-kick position by a teammate. It doesn't say the teammate can throw it with a knee on the ground. Unless there is more to that rule you didn't clip.
Even if it isn't allowed, glad it wasn't called because without that 4th down conversion we likely don't get the most glorious shutout in recent memory.

Nothing is automatic, but that was within chipshot distance for any decent kicker.

24 minutes ago, Modessit said:
3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah man. I was really wondering about that at the game. Never seen anyone do that before. Seems to me like once he pulls the ball up and loads to throw, then he's a passer. Any other passer with their knee on the ground would be ruled down.

30 minutes ago, ousux said:

Even if it isn't allowed, glad it wasn't called because without that 4th down conversion we likely don't get the most glorious shutout in recent memory.

Nothing is automatic, but that was within chipshot distance for any decent kicker.

When they called that play, I felt it was somewhat desperate of 0U so early on....   It hadn't sunk in they really were desperate so early on and had no plans to throw the ball no matter how lopsided the score got. 

That was the strangest game plan I've seen in today's offense.  Especially when their defense wasn't doing much to stop our offense.   

I haven't bothered to look at any of their sites, because once you do an aggy meltdown, nothing else comes close. But boomer meltdown over the play calling had to be glorious....

I haven't bothered to look at any of their sites, because once you do an aggy meltdown, nothing else comes close. But boomer meltdown over the play calling had to be glorious....

So I went ahead and checked one of their boards right after. It was satisfying just because they were pissed, but because they are a blue blood with real accomplishments, they are not as fun as aggy. Aggy meltdown, as you mentioned, is just so spectacular and like clockwork.
  • Haha 1

We're in Kerrville this weekend for the MIL's birthday (no pics). After the game we had to run to HEB (it was open) for a few things. Wife and I are both wearing burnt orange. As we're walking back to the car this crypt keeper looking woman in a Boomer Sooner t-shirt walking the opposite direction waves at us to get our attention then throws the Horns down. She was about 20' away. My wife and I just looked at each other, laughed & shook our heads. She either yelled "lucky win" or "fuck your win" as we continued to our car. One of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had with someone from another fan base.

Its not your MIL we want to see pics of.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Modessit said:
7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Read the rule again.  

Yeah man. I was really wondering about that at the game. Never seen anyone do that before. Seems to me like once he pulls the ball up and loads to throw, then he's a passer. Any other passer with their knee on the ground would be ruled down.
I remember a while back Les Miles did a fake where the holder tossed it back over his shoulder to the kicker who ran. His knee was on the ground too.

Probably been talked about, but I just finished re-watching the game and was pretty impressed by Greg McElroy doing color in the booth. I don't remember ever hearing him do any other games, and I didn't know he wanted to play here (but Colt). He gets Texas-ou and understands how special it is, is insightful, and adds to the broadcast. He also sounded like a true Texas fan and a massive fan of Texas-ou, all without being biased in describing what he was seeing on the field. Reminded me a lot of Klatt. 

• Hook 'Em 5