Jordan Whittington appreciation thread

TexArcher

I will never forget his senior year state final game performance.  If you have not ever watched that game you should go find it on YouTube.  It's well worth your time.  They were losing until their coach realized they had the best athlete in the stadium and decided to snap the ball to him every play.  Oh and he played both ways the entire game.  Offensive and defensive player of the game awards.  Insane.  Never seen anything like it.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This guy fought through injuries, changed positions, and now he frequently does the dirty work blocking so others can post a big gain.  And he's elite at it.

He did that several times today and he also chipped in 5 catches and 97 yards.

Great to see a guy like that go off in the RRS!

It was many beers ago so I forget the exact play, but he went down awkwardly and was a bit slow to get up, and my JWhit injury paranoia syndrome immediately fired up. No worries, he got up and promptly continued to kick sooner ass. Dude is a baller, for sure. 

34 minutes ago, WBT said:

Gobble fucking gobble!

Blocked his ass off on Kielan's TD

I'm pretty sure he eventually threw that bitch down on his back and stood over him like a pissed off pimp.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

As much jokes were thrown around about his injuries here before I hope he gets drafted.  I think his first couple years he might have had a bit of hanging with Moore and crowd all the time attitude issue, since they were close. He seems much better attitude wise and he’s not trying to be huge like his brother had him doing his first couple years.   

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Cuero 4 Lyfe

Need one person out of there to make it for once and their behavior or attitude not ruin it, hopefully he’s the one.  I was glad to see Robert Straight got his shit together the last ten years or so. There was a time when he washed windows at the convenience store in Cuero for 40’s. 

Edited by Hook1997

23 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

As much jokes were thrown around about his injuries here before I hope he gets drafted.  I think his first couple years he might have had a bit of hanging with Moore and crowd all the time attitude issue, since they were close. He seems much better attitude wise and he’s not trying to be huge like his brother had him doing his first couple years.   

I think he will be a late day 2 guy/early day 3 guy.  Good hands, very athletic, good route runner, excellent blocker and seems to be smart and loves football.  Injury prone is his only knock but if he stays healthy this season I bet he gets paid.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Need one person out of there to make it for once and their behavior or attitude not ruin it, hopefully he’s the one.  I was glad to see Robert Straight got his shit together the last ten years or so. There was a time when he washed windows at the convenience store in Cuero for 40’s. 

Cody Wallace had a good run even though he went to Aggy

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Glad to see J_WHITT3 finally get a TD

Love his work. He not only produces with the ball int his hands, but he produces when it’s not in his hands. Great blocker and his biggest play today might have been hustling over to Rojo and pushing him toward on 3rd and 1 

• Hook 'Em 4

If you look up "team player" in the dictionary  there's a picture of JWhitt. No words, verbiage, or description,  just his picture and that's all the description that is needed.  I played against his dad and uncle in HS, and this is the credo for the whole family....whatever it takes...WIN. There are no small roles with a winner. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2