Take the win pussies

Xcalibur

10 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

Ewers had his freshman game. Defense sucked on a lot of third downs.  Made stops when they absolutely had to.  Fuck it, move on and play better next week.

We still have Ewers and Bijan.  I’m still jacking it to 49-0, and a close win over ISU won’t change that.  Nice to be on the other side of this shit for a change.

Yep. Don't care. Got W. 

• Like 1

The amount of sand in some of your pussies makes the Sahara look like a walk to the beach. I'm not a sunshine anything.

Bitching on some random message board accomplishes nothing. Shit gets difficult. That's not an excuse to bitch about it. Be an adult and look adversity in the face. Accept it for what it is. Then perform a mental check to figure out what you can do to solve the problem. Quick fact: bitching on a message board does nothing; especially during a goddamned game. The only purpose it serves is for you to feel like you are doing something. You are not. You're bitching on a message board. Buried inside your feelings.

I'm not attempting to have any manner of "virtue signaling" when I say this; so please do not take this as that. In attempt to limit any possibility of that, I'll just say that I've spent a lot of time in different timezones. I've sacrificed precious sleep to just have the chance to watch or listen to a Texas Longhorns football game.

So don't talk to me. Just don't talk to me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This is all accurate, but the flip side of that coin is that we are one injury from being 7-0.  And that injury was an anomaly because we've kept Quinn almost completely clean otherwise.  Hence, the O line is doing better than I think any of us expected.

The Achilles heel is obvioulsy the secondary.  And there's no fixing it this year.  It's got to be a blitz and pray defense, and I'm not sure why we keep dropping 7 or 8 guys into coverage when none of them can cover.  Especially in that soft zone bullshit.

But I don't agree that 7 wins is our ceiling.  I'd say that's more like the floor.  An optimisic person could say we're undefeated with Quinn and we can probably go 4-1 down the stretch for 9-3.  Or maybe we split the 4-game gauntlet then win the finale for 8-4, then we go to a decent bowl game and probably win it.

And if we go from 5 wins to 9 wins while bringing in a top 3 recruiting class, we ought to be feeling pretty damned good about how we're positioned for the next few years.

I don't think surly will appreciate this reasonable take, even though you're 100% accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This is all accurate, but the flip side of that coin is that we are one injury from being 7-0.  And that injury was an anomaly because we've kept Quinn almost completely clean otherwise.  Hence, the O line is doing better than I think any of us expected.

The Achilles heel is obviously the secondary.  And there's no fixing it this year.  It's got to be a blitz and pray defense, and I'm not sure why we keep dropping 7 or 8 guys into coverage when none of them can cover.  Especially in that soft zone bullshit.

But I don't agree that 7 wins is our ceiling.  I'd say that's more like the floor.  An optimisic person could say we're undefeated with Quinn and we can probably go 4-1 down the stretch for 9-3.  Or maybe we split the 4-game gauntlet then win the finale for 8-4, then we go to a decent bowl game and probably win it.

And if we go from 5 wins to 9 wins while bringing in a top 3 recruiting class, we ought to be feeling pretty damned good about how we're positioned for the next few years.

On your last paragraph, trust me most won’t be feeling good on this site. They bought into a false narrative hook line and sinker. Good post though.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Hence, the O line is doing better than I think any of us expected.

Have you noticed our run blocking?

I mean, it's definitely improving game to game, but seeing Bijan have to break a tackle or three before he hits the line of scrimmage hasn't been great.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

The Achilles heel is obviously the secondary.  And there's no fixing it this year.  It's got to be a blitz and pray defense, and I'm not sure why we keep dropping 7 or 8 guys into coverage when none of them can cover.  Especially in that soft zone bullshit.

Probably because giving up quick scores to big plays is the alternative.

I hate it, too. And I don't necessarily agree with it. But that's the thinking, I'm guessing.

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Have you noticed our run blocking?

I mean, it's definitely improving game to game, but seeing Bijan have to break a tackle or three before he hits the line of scrimmage hasn't been great.

Oh, agreed.  But pass protection has not been the liability I think we all expected.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

This is dumb. Fans react to the play in the game. When its ass we bitch, when it's good we cheer. Fuck , watching the first quarter how can you not bitch. Watching the play calling at times how can you not bitch. Watching the defense at times how can you not bitch. Glad we won and always want us to win but fuck you.if i.can't get involved in the moment and react. Don't care if I react over or under but I am engaged in the game.

Shut the fuck up if you don't like it. Its how message boards work.

For fucks sake. Its always a slog argument with some of you

6B05AC79-4B5C-4F67-B4A8-62D0ABE08404.gif

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, The Beast said:

On your last paragraph, trust me most won’t be feeling good on this site. They bought into a false narrative hook line and sinker. Good post though.

What false narrative?  I think you are 180 degrees wrong on your thought here but I’m not exactly sure what you are saying. 

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

I-State does have a better defense than all of them

How dare you bring logic into this.   All the teams remaining on our schedule are guaranteed to do nothing but get better and we will repeat the ISU performance on both offense and defense against each of them.  That is how this works.    

17 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

the football board in-game is the biggest bundle of bitches, ever.  Cannot stand this joint during the game.  It's like being stuck in front of that dickhead at the stadium that bitches about something after every. fucking. play. 

Cunts. 

Is it OK to bitch before every defensive play on 3rd and 4th down when they need 2 to 5 yards and they are letting every receiver come off the line with a 10 yard cushion? If not then to bad if you sat in front of me yesterday because I was bitching about it. (Note: I will try to keep it inside in the future after you highlighted it is a beating for others.)

I called it a hangover win and I am happy to have it. A win is a win is a win especially if it leads to running the table. Sark and the players did a great job pulling it out. The problem is that disjointed  defensive staff that keeps reverting to form even after Sark said in a presser that they play best when they play tighter coverage.

That TD pass on a zone read that ISU scored seemed to get PK/defense to play on it's heels for a while. I'll take the win because as much as we were getting carved in the secondary, they still created two crucial turnovers that won us the game.

We gotta get better with coverage assignments quickly because Sanders and Duggans, though flawed, can carve us up even more than what we saw yesterday

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

I was wondering did cool even know he caused a fumble? He celebrated shortly after while everyone was going after the ball

YES

16 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’m just thankful ISU stopped throwing the 15 yard slant.  It was there every time they threw it … and probably would have been open anytime they wanted it.

I have a feeling we’d still be waiting for a defensive adjustment …

The slant has been there since the Alabama game when they adjusted to it in the second half. We are still waiting for our staff to react.

Edited by DanTheHorn

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Would somebody with the ability to start threads on this board (fuck you @immamac) start a thread asking for predictions on record of final 5 games.

Now that we have seen them play, curious what folks think we see down the stretch.

I’m into this 

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Would somebody with the ability to start threads on this board (fuck you @immamac) start a thread asking for predictions on record of final 5 games.

Now that we have seen them play, curious what folks think we see down the stretch.

Fixed, don’t know why it’s my fault? 

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Was it not possible to put Jamison on Hutchinson when watts went out? Did we absolutely have to play the freshmen against the stud wr?

Yeah this is one I don’t get. I know Jamison is always field side corner, but why not just have him follow other teams best WR when Watts went out? Also anything on Jamier Johnson?? Didn’t see him at all

Edited by OB3

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

6B05AC79-4B5C-4F67-B4A8-62D0ABE08404.gif

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

Your mom disagrees 

No.  Your post was bitchy. 

We are just a few months removed from a 5-7 campaign, the trajectory is going the right direction, and yesterday was a solid win.  Everyone knows there is still a need for improvement but if you watched yesterday's game and weren't happy about the result you should just find another hobby.   

The fumble was not a miracle. We have had plenty of late game turnovers go our way. That’s football. Couple of note; the ARk qb 4q fumble in fayettnam, the year we had Vince and Cedric.  Also the fumble Drew Kelson forced up in the shoe, preserved our momentum late. We were on the benefit of a late non fumble up in Ames years ago too. These things happen all the time. The other one was the Aaron Ross forced fumble in Neb that allows us to kick a walkoff fg , by a walk-on K

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 1