Texas vs oklahoma state - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

12 minutes ago, Fico said:

Lol..: this isn’t a coaching fail. The players had plenty of chance with favorable matches….

fucking make a play defense or offense. Literally anyone…. It wasn’t a great out scheming it was fuck lack of players willing to make a god damn play. Anyone else arguing otherwise doesn’t understand.

Fucking hit them In the mouth and make god damn plays. It’s so frustrating, just fucking do your job. 

The defense made plays the entire 3rd quarter waiting on Sark to stop running it into a wall.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, Rattler sucked and Caleb Young was quite good, so there is that.

We know what Card is, and most of us thought we'd be 7-0 if Ewers started and finished the first seven games.  That may have been optimistic, like wildly so.

And, when dealing with a young QB that appears to be really all you've got, there is something to be said for riding with him.

Card showed incremental improvement over the three games he played. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than Ewers today. Can't agree that Ewers "is all we really have" when we have Card righ there on the sideline.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That’s because you aren’t a fan of Ohio State or Clemson or all the other teams. They all have their things. You don’t think OSU and Clemson players have big NIL deals? You know why Ewers went to OSU to begin with?

They have NIL deals at those schools, but I consume college football just as much as everyone else here. Anyone trying to say that players at Texas don’t get more exposure than at other schools, including other blue bloods, is lying to themselves. Hell, it’s part of our recruitment pitch. 

Edited by Eastwood

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Both those coaches benched their QB for a better QB. Dabo is the dumbass that didn't start Trevor Lawrence

Card hasn't played worse this season than Ewers did today. And let's be clear. I'm not saying Card should be the starting QB, but he has certainly showed himself to play serviceably as a backup. Dabo stated his case perfectly after the game today. His starting QB just wasn't playing well and a change was needed.

• Hook 'Em 2

probably not the best place to put this, but if we are 'keeping it a buck'....

our defense DID actually seem to be playing better tonight and this year.

I'm not suggesting that they are the '85 Chicago Bears, and the secondary is shit in coverage and the 3rd and longs being auto fucking matic are comical

But the line backers and defensive line are showing marked improvement

[ducks]  I'll see may way out   [/ducks]

Edited by Alphie Solomons.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Only part that is on Sark for this game is not pulling Ewers.  We should have had more points in the first half and second half, that was on the players not executing.  Worthy quit on a few balls that he could have possibly caught, stumbled over his own feet on one that was a easy TD.  Ewers was missing short open passes, the over throws, tossing balls out of bounds anytime any got within 4 yards of him, just bad all around, the defense had poor effort from some players again.  And the refs….

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes, you continue to allow your starter to shit his pants. But wait, Dabo pulled his starter who was shitting his pants and won. 

Now sit your gaping pussy down and shut the fuck up 

Listen your name is SpiderYBannana… literally no one on this board takes you seriously. You are a fucking joke.

Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down you fucking retard.

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

This right here.  Everyone can blame Sark all they want, but mullet just completely missed half his passes. 

Then you bench him for Card. VY got benched for Chance Mock so we could beat Tech in 2003. Mack f'ing Brown isn't the pussy Sark was today. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

19/49 and you don't pull your qb. What a gaping fucking pussy. That's some Jimbo shit if I've ever seen it. That's the "of we win, cool. If we don't, that's ok, too. As long as they had fun" attitude. 

You also don't change your approach to play calling. Stop will all the deep routes. 

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Only part that is on Sark for this game is not pulling Ewers.  We should have had more points in the first half and second half, that was on the players not executing.  Worthy quit on a few balls that he could have possibly caught, stumbled over his own feet on one.  Ewers was missing short open passes, the over throws, tossing balls out of bounds anytime any got within 4 yards of him, just bad all around, the defense had poor effort from some players again.  

Casey Cain last week + Worthy this weeks forms a pattern. Our WR fucking quit on the play when they think it’s not coming their way.

7 minutes ago, Fico said:

You don’t pull the starter you dumb ass. You have see card play. 

shut the fuck up. 

You do if you want to win. It is Saban a dumbass for pulling Hurts in the middle of the MNC? That’s how he used to coach anyway. No idea what’s happening with Saban now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

This right here.  Everyone can blame Sark all they want, but mullet just completely missed half his passes. 

Which is why he should have been benched or had the playbook reduced to passes he could handle. 

Instead, Steve Sarkisian kept calling plays that gave his quarterback the option of going long.

I just don't understand that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Maybe OK St is a pretty good team....nah its just Texas sucks

I don't think either team sucks. We are just losers who find ways to lose in games like this year after year. We had our chances all day and didn't get it done. And we've all seen this before and I think most of us were worried it was coming and it did.

Ok State I am sure is happy to take advantage. I know they were in 2018 when almost the exact scenario played out.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Your name is Fico, no one knows who you are, now sit down you face tard shit eating mongoloid 

Lol.. ok pussy. you are an idiot, Literally ever day that the football board exist. 

I’ve been around longer than you have been on the internet. 

you are undoubtedly top five of the dumbest posters on this board. Congratulations, although I don’t think they have a medal for 5th… you fucking idiot.  

Just now, Fico said:

Lol.. ok pussy. you are an idiot, Literally ever day that the football board exist. 

I’ve been around longer than you have been on the internet. 

you are undoubtedly top five of the dumbest posters on this board. Congratulations, although I don’t think they have a medal for 5th… you fucking idiot.  

Wow, that was...some comeback, bud. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the 20/30 dude who was banged up?

1/6 for 0 yards when we were in position to put the game away.  I know Surly tends to shits its pants and set its hair on fire in the face of adversity, but this Card-as-Savior position has no supporting evidence.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am always amazed how folks hate to blame the one person that has the power to change the situation. QB is drunk, high or off that day then bench him or give him short throws to rebuild his confidence. The other coach sees your QB struggling so he puts up a wall against the run and your answer to that adjustment is to keep running into the wall. Yes players have some blame but defense did its job in the 3rd and Sark fucked them with his play calling.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

Sounds like Cook might be done

God Damn it

that's really, really not good

he's been principle in keeping the uncontained grease fire of a defense, at least marginally 'contained'

we are truly fucked with out him

He and Watts are irreplaceable back there.

And we suck when they are in there.