Pixar movies (Incredibles 2 coming out) ranked

babysdaddy

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2018/6/12/17449968/pixar-movies-ranked

I might have Coco and Monsters Inc above Ratatouille.  Toy Story 3 way too high.  Top 4 can be interchanged based on mood.  And Inside Out could be higher but I think it's because of the emotional concern over having a daughter.  The fact that they have this many movies that just knock it out of the park is phenomenal.  

Monster's U was awesome, probably a top 3 for me, definitely top 5. Wow, I didn't know people thought it was crap like the Cars sequels and Good Dinosaur and Brave, etc.

Finding Nemo is in my bottom 5 and Toy Story 2 is the best of the TS canon and probably a top 3 or 5 for me as well. Agree Toy Story 3 is way too high, it wasn't that good outside of the fabricated emotional factor of it being the book-end of a journey.

Haven't seen Coco, surprised it's that high.

Edited by Guest

ratatouille is 1, wall-e is 2.  those aren't really up for debate.

you can put the original toy story high because of its importance, but 2/3 are better movies.

incredibles is top 2-3 for most, and i have no issue with it being in my top 5, but to me it's more of a summer/action/popcorn flick, while my 1/2 are just great movies.

up is way too high on that list.  it's not a top 5 pixar movie.  i liked inside out alot, and that would probably round out my top 5.

ratat, wall-e, ts3, incredibles, inside out.  monsters inc is awesome, and is probably my 6.

59 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Coco is in my top 5. I love that damn movie.

The others are probably Toy Story, Monster's Inc, Inside Out, and Wall-E in no particular order.

Gagree. 

Coco is top 5. Nemo is top 5. Up is top 5. Toy Story 3 is probably low top 5. I liked Inside Out a lot but not sure if it's top 5 but I can't pick another one I'd put in front of it. I didn't see all of the Cars or Monsters U. 

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Up and inside out made me cry.  Bing Bong Bing Bong.

Excellent movie. People kind of fall into two camps - the ones who tear up about Bing Bong and the ones who tear up when she reunites with her parents. I'm in the latter. For some reason I felt nothing for Bing Bong. Might be because I have a daughter.

55 minutes ago, ajax said:

Excellent movie. People kind of fall into two camps - the ones who tear up about Bing Bong and the ones who tear up when she reunites with her parents. I'm in the latter. For some reason I felt nothing for Bing Bong. Might be because I have a daughter.

I have 2 daughters and I teared up more for Bing Bong, a character who was abandoned by her growing up but still sacrificed himself so Joy and Sadness could save her. It spoke to me about the sad cruelty of leaving innocent adolescence in the same way Up spoke about the sad cruelty of losing your spouse. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 2:27 PM, Amos Moses said:

My tops are:

Toy Story
Cars
Ratatouille
Monsters Inc.

First two because of how much my kids loved them. Next two because I enjoy them without any additional qualifiers.

A top 4 for me would be:

Toy Story/ Incredibles/ Monsters Inc./  Wall-E

• 2 weeks later...

1a and 1b are Ratatouille and Wall-E.

I agree with the poster above that said the first 10 minutes of Up is a revelation in story telling. Still really liked the rest of the film, but that first 10 minutes carries the film to number 3.

Inside out is probably #4.

Toy Story

Finding Nemo

Coco

The Incredibles

Toy story 3

Toy Story 2