We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

If the only guys who sit out are Bijan, Roschon, and Overshown we should count ourselves lucky. Brooks and Blue will be fine as Running back and the defense has made strides so we can probably do alright without Overshown. I  am sure Washington also has some dudes sitting out.

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Id like 9-4 better than 8-5, but oh well . Lookin like 8-5 without bijan, rojo, and overshown

We'll see. From what I have seen Washington is not exactly the steel curtain. I still think we can run the football.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

Helobious is clearly a troll.  With over 5,300 posts I'm sure you know that already though.  I've been the mod of my own hobby board for years. If you don't ban them quickly and often this place will get out of hand.

You may be looking for texags where like you folks are thin skinned. Here you have to be an armadillo and you only get crowd sourced for coming on this board and having a bunch of stupid takes. Plenty of folks from other teams that as long as they have thought out opinions even if they are the wrong conclusions will survive.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Id like 9-4 better than 8-5, but oh well . Lookin like 8-5 without bijan, rojo, and overshown

and the same people “not caring” about this “exhibition” game will be the same people complaining if we lose or cheering if we win

I love those three but this is still very winnable without them.

and the same people “not caring” about this “exhibition” game will be the same people complaining if we lose or cheering if we win

Bijan and RoJo are not going to win you a game if runs are consistently blocked for 0 or -1, even if they’re great at turning those into 2 or 3; see TCU, Alabama. Texas’s success on offense will come down to the OL, and Brooks & Blue are enough to win if the control of the LOS is there.

I just don’t think Overshown is that level of game changer on defense.

Washington’s a good team, Texas could certainly lose. I wouldn’t be conceding it though. Texas is favored for a reason.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

A win would be nice, as always. I’m fine with viewing it as the first scrimmage of 2023 spring practice and making judgments in that context. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Not really. Herman was 4-0 in these exhibitions and still got shitcanned. Winning or losing this game means nothing to the future of the program.

They are meaningless games to justify extra practices (good because we need it).

• Fuck You 2

On 12/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, Hermanator said:

Don't lie to the poor bastard. The Tex Mex is only dogshit if you go anywhere other than right on the riverwalk. That's where the good stuff is. You Washington folks will need to pay for quality. 

Well, that's where you go for the non-tourista, inexpensive stuff.  Yeah.

Very authentic.  

And be sure to say "Tejas" and "San Antone" a lot.  Real Texans and San Antonians LOVE that kinda talk.  Really!  If I'm lying may I be tortured and killed...

today!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/8/2022 at 12:58 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Damn right. You want the Dickey's BBQ off 281. Don't let the closed sign fool you, it's just to keep all the tourists away. Go around back and bang on the rear door until someone answers. Get 30% off your order with the code phrase "I want muledick"

image.png.df7655978ba86060b35cc136953f99b7.png

Lock it down!

Rage, as usual, ends the discussion.

I'm not worthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

You may be looking for texags where like you folks are thin skinned. Here you have to be an armadillo and you only get crowd sourced for coming on this board and having a bunch of stupid takes. Plenty of folks from other teams that as long as they have thought out opinions even if they are the wrong conclusions will survive.

What about guys who like to lay pipe?
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

I haven't seen any meaningful counterpoints to the 5 reasons.  Without Bijou Rodman, Texas doesn't even have a team. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 24

It’s also really cool to wear a giant sombrero during your time in San Antone.  You’ll blend right in with the locals, and will receive extra special treatment.  And don’t puke in the river either, that’s a highly sensitive ecosystem that you’re contending with. 

Edited by CycleTex87
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

It’s also really cool to wear a giant sombrero during your time in San Antone.  You’ll blend right in with the locals, and will receive extra special treatment.  And don’t puke in the river either, that’s a highly sensitive ecosystem that you’re contending with. 

Thank you that's helpful.   I see there are many different colors and patterns to choose from.  Is there anything I should know to pick out one that is in style?

• Fuck You 9

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

Get one from the new J. Peterman catalog!

untitled_f1bhd8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

I haven't seen any meaningful counterpoints to the 5 reasons.  Without Bijou Rodman, Texas doesn't even have a team. 

You see even trolling is OK if you are are smart and witty about it. This type trolling is just stupid maybe high school level shit. More like dumbass with a middle school level education. 

• Hook 'Em 3