We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Before every bowl game some dipshit fan of the opponent creates an account and posts zingers with the intellect of a sixth grader. 

The best part is they will go to another board and brag of how they got banned because we could not take it. They will never realize that what we could not take was the incessant equivalent of fart jokes. When we play aggy again @immamac will be busy.

• Like 2

No Bijan, no Roschon, no DeMarvion…………… effin’ shit show this bowl game concept in the 21st century I tell ya’.  I get players with NFL-value not wanting to risk injury, but if that’s the way it’s going to be then how about providing some gdamn incentive to spice things up…..perhaps a stack-cube of cash on the 50-yard sideline that goes to the winning players, or lines of blow off stripper tits when you reach the end zone?  C’mon, where’s the creativity man?  

The key with Penix is limiting his early release.
Too much pressure, he can just pop off in an instant.
Not enough pressure and he’ll just hang in the pocket. Not very hard for him.
D will need to have more of an even pressure.
If we can time it to where the pressure is in waves, first from our base defense, then we have a shot.
Pressure from the edge will build until finally he won’t be able to stand it anymore.
He’ll likely end up with ruined offensive playbook.
Then it’s just clean up duty for us.
That would a stroke of genius from PK.
Bravo good sir, iswydt

No Bijan, no Roschon, no DeMarvion…………… effin’ shit show this bowl game concept in the 21st century I tell ya’.  I get players with NFL-value not wanting to risk injury, but if that’s the way it’s going to be then how about providing some gdamn incentive to spice things up…..perhaps a stack-cube of cash on the 50-yard sideline that goes to the winning players, or lines of blow off stripper tits when you reach the end zone?  C’mon, where’s the creativity man?  
We're damn lucky Sweat and Ford decided to not declare for the draft, run defense will be fine. As usual our secondary will allow as many uncontested catches as the opposition wants, so that was and still is a concern.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

The incentive begins in 2024 when the real playoffs begin.

It makes the bowl game part of Spring Practice.

This is how I look at it these days. Remember last season when we wished they made a bowl game just so the players could get more practices in? Well, unless we are playing in NY6 or playoff games (and especially as the playoff field expands) we really should just be looking at the other bowl games as what they really are - exhibition games with extra practices to get next year’s squad that much more ready.
  • Hook 'Em 3

BR and RJ, I get. DMO doesn't make sense to me. He can't realistically be expecting to get drafted in the first 3 rounds.
  • Hook 'Em 1

NIL programs should start including a bowl game participation kicker. 
I hate players sitting out.

What is the benefit to anyone if surefire NFL bound players suit up for this? Especially ones like Bijan or RoJo that put more than enough on tape and aren’t going to have their draft grades influenced by one game. Wanting those guys to play basically comes down to valuing the exhibition bowl win over the development opportunity for younger guys, which I just disagree with.

The outcome of the game matters less than any on the schedule. NSD1 will have passed. The program gets the benefit of an extra camp and live P5 game for young guys that are going to have to step up next year. It provides those young guys with the incentive to dial it up and make an impression instead of exploring their portal options. And for the guys leaving, obviously it protects their interests.

Even at the macro level, moving forward without these RBs is going to be critical for this team next year; getting a three week head start on that is pretty valuable.
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Maybe a dumb q, I haven't really followed the injury or rehab status at all, any chance of getting someone like Neyor back for the game or is he really out until next year?

It would certainly help to have another legit receiving threat to take focus away from Worthy, Whittington, and Sanders.

He tore an ACL in August dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Just need to adjust at how you look at a bowl game now. Get excited about looking at a preview of next year's team. It measures nothing and it defines nothing other than watching how hungry and good will the next guys play. Think about it they may become more entertaining since seniors that are not going anywhere are playing their last game ever and kids that want the job are putting in tape.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb Q … got some killer seats, taking my dad to the Alamo bowl. He wants to take his brand new truck. Is there a secured parking lot/garage we should try to get into? I don’t care what it costs, I don’t want to come out to his truck after the game to find it’s cats are gone or it’s otherwise fucked up… in the past I’ve gone with my wife and walked from the hotel so this is uncharted territory for me. Thanks in advance

Edited by B00M

On 12/11/2022 at 12:34 PM, DanTheHorn said:

Just need to adjust at how you look at a bowl game now. Get excited about looking at a preview of next year's team. It measures nothing and it defines nothing other than watching how hungry and good will the next guys play. Think about it they may become more entertaining since seniors that are not going anywhere are playing their last game ever and kids that want the job are putting in tape.

Exactly! I love the bowl game preview. 

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Dumb Q … got some killer seats, taking my dad to the Alamo bowl. He wants to take his brand new truck. Is there a secured parking lot/garage we should try to get into? I don’t care what it costs, I don’t want to come out to his truck after the game to find it’s cats are gone or it’s otherwise fucked up… in the past I’ve gone with my wife and walked from the hotel so this is uncharted territory for me. Thanks in advance

San Antonio is third world some areas, others totally fine. Park in a garage at the very top and be prepared to wait your ass off after to leave. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Fuck that.  Bowl games are a chance to see how you stack up to others from around the country that you might not ordinarily meet.   Texas - Michigan.  Texas - Georgia.   The old holiday bowl B12 games were typically some of the better games.  

Measuring stick, spring board, potato, pot…?

anyway, maybe the river center garage? 

There are multiple lots just to the North of the Alamo Dome that you pay to park and are a really short distance away, costs anywhere from $15-$30, the closer you get between East Houston St and the Dome the cost is >. I’ve never had a problem parking at those lots just to the North, vacant lot parking, as they are monitored at the entrance and usually have personnel monitoring the lot.

The lots just outside of the Dome (East and South) I believe are reserved, but you “might” try to purchase parking if you get there a couple hours prior to KO. Just to the West and across the interstate, you’ll have to pay to park at the various hotels, will cost more, as well as a further walk.

There’s a lot of stuff going on just to the North for pre-game, as well as both teams’ bands usually march/play through on their way into the stadium. This will be the 12th Alamo Bowl in a row for my son and I.

Hook’em!
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Valmy77 said:

I kind of like it. It makes the bowl game part of Spring Practice.

Yeah if you're team that isn't in the CFP then getting more experience for some younger players can be a lot of fun to watch.  

Washington is a good team... might be a great bowl game next week.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Interested to see if Maalik has a set of plays built into the game plan. QE obviously needs the reps but I’d like to see something from this dude.

With his frame and height, it's a shame the coaches haven't sat him down already to explain that his best position is strong side defensive end.

/IanBoyd

• Haha 6

Interested to see if Maalik has a set of plays built into the game plan. QE obviously needs the reps but I’d like to see something from this dude.

Why would they bother with this? Ewers needs all the reps he can get and Murphy doesn’t bring anything different to them table with his skill set.

Question for those whom would know better than myself-- at what point before the game are tickets the lowest they'll be? 

I've got an pregnant wife (8 months) and this would be my son's first game, but the $70 cheap seats way up in the nosebleeds doesn't sound like a great idea. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. 

8 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Question for those whom would know better than myself-- at what point before the game are tickets the lowest they'll be? 

I've got an pregnant wife (8 months) and this would be my son's first game, but the $70 cheap seats way up in the nosebleeds doesn't sound like a great idea. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. 

Tickets aren't worth the paper their printed once the 1st quarter starts.  I've bought many tickets for NASCAR that way and some football tickets also.  With that being said, I wouldn't want my PG wife standing around while I cut a deal.  Suck it up and buy the first tickets you can make a good deal on.

• Hook 'Em 1