2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Saw somebody on CNN this AM discussing DeSantis's win and she said part of that was Dems stayed home. Only 53% of eligible voters voted, compared to 63% the last time out. She blamed the Democrats putting up a virtual corpse in Charlie Crist. I'm thinking the landslide might not be as massive as Ron thinks. DOTARD definitely won't. That motherfucker is announcing soon and it's gonna be a shit-show, blood bath between those two. DeSantis will have the FOX/Murdoch machine behind him but DOTARD will have the loony-tunes MAGA/Q crowd in his corner. He gonna fuck things up Ross Perot-style! (The only caveat is if he realizes he's going to have to face the music on MAL issues and capitulates to DeSantis in exchange for a full pardon once DeSantis takes office.)

CNN reporter on the ground made it sound like we might not know on Arizona until Thursday night.

And yet he still couldn't get to 50% + 1. The single most depressing thing about last night's vote is that nearly 2M Georgians voted for the waterhead candidate.

I want to believe a lot of that was Republican straight ticket voting. It will be a challenge for Hershel to match the enthusiasm Warnock will generate in the runoff. Some of those straight ticket voters were/are embarrassed by him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Trouble brewing out west?

MAGA bros seem rejuvenated and think Masters can win.

MAGA bros think Trump can still win 2020.

For the record, I haven’t seen enough to feel like AZ is totally in the bag, in my amateur opinion. Maybe after tonight’s data dump. But some gassed up MAGA chatter doesn’t move the needle.

Also maybe post a link or something.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Maybe she'll just extort all the married Republican congressmen she's banged. Aren't there rumors she was banging McCarthy?  

Does Kevin McCarthy seem to you like a man that’s had sexual relations that didn’t charge sales tax in the past, I don’t know, decade?

13 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Trouble brewing out west?

MAGA bros seem rejuvenated and think Masters can win.

The amount of shit you listen from right wing junk is astounding.  Are you 12 or just stupid? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

i'll say this, pertinent to discussion in this thread...
as a middle-aged, middle class, suburban/urban white woman...nobody judges and hates on women more than other women. black, white, hispanic, asian... doesn't matter.
how that plays out in politics may vary and include other factors, but it's a universal truth. 
All the Republican women I know vote that way because thier husband tells them too. The wife of one of my clients gets a piece of paper with instructions on how to vote.

Fucking this, my goodness. I was raised in a very Catholic Mexican family and the women spoke like this all the time. My mother used the word "whore" repeatedly the last time she tried to argue with me about abortion when I was trying to express that abortion isn't just birth control and is far more complex. She just can't comprehend any other purpose of abortion. It started because she was chastising me after looking me up finding that I'm a registered Democrat (the horror). My post was literally expressing disgust with women who think like that, same as when I express disgust with people (mostly republicans) who use those other slurs.  

Jeez no need to be so emotional, honey.

Just calm down and smile more.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
36 minutes ago, mchookem said:
as a middle-aged, middle class, suburban/urban white woman...nobody judges and hates on women more than other women. black, white, hispanic, asian... doesn't matter.
how that plays out in politics may vary and include other factors, but it's a universal truth. 

All the Republican women I know vote that way because thier husband tells them too. The wife of one of my clients gets a piece of paper with instructions on how to vote.

Most red southern states are “husband tells wife how to vote” states. Pretty common.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Just calm down and smile more.

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
38 minutes ago, mchookem said:

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Most red southern states are “husband tells wife how to vote” states. Pretty common.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a41559535/sadie-robertson-huff/

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/author/256278/Allison-Theresa/

64f74205-382c-4f94-9972-f3e469b86ec5_166

Allison Theresa

Allison Theresa is a freelance writer covering Christian womanhood. She is at work on an essay collection about her experience with faith. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Fucking this, my goodness. I was raised in a very Catholic Mexican family and the women spoke like this all the time. My mother used the word "whore" repeatedly the last time she tried to argue with me about abortion when I was trying to express that abortion isn't just birth control and is far more complex. She just can't comprehend any other purpose of abortion. It started because she was chastising me after looking me up finding that I'm a registered Democrat (the horror). My post was literally expressing disgust with women who think like that, same as when I express disgust with people (mostly republicans) who use those other slurs.  

That's because your mother was a whore and understood why whores get abortions.  Just let it go.

Also, I still love the fact that Oklahoma had party registration available online, and I could joke with aunts/uncles/cousins that they used to be registered Democrats, etc.

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

But seriously, those of us on the blue side need to have a conversation on 2024 and the weaknesses on display in 2022.

As for strengths, the young ones are engaged and appear to be ready to vote for their future.

And, as a progressive, we need to applaud the Biden Administration for laying the groundwork for the reality of our post-neoliberal (globalized) world. Covid showed us these far flung supply chains are unstable and not resilient. Biden’s move to a more regionalized world is a huge step in the right direction.  That is just reality.  So kudos to President Biden on recognizing these change and acting on it. (If you need a primer to catch up on the state of the world economy, I highly recommend Homecoming: The Path to Prosperity in a Post-Global World by Rana Foroohar of the Financial Times.)

This shift was at the heart of the Fetterman enthusiasm pre-stroke. Having an industrial policy that champions our innovative spirit and our workforce is the path forward for the nation. Those of us on the blue side need leaders who speak to the opportunity for a renaissance of local and regional supply chains.

I am happy there was no dismal red tide, but there is a need for improvement on the blue side before 2024. 

Note: My view of the Democrats is mainly from the outside - I spent years within the Republican machine (well here in Texas) back in the 90s, and recognize some patterns, but the way Dems do things is still odd to me.  My view growing up was of Texas Democrats from LBJ through Ann Richards.

Anyways, my two bits of advice to the Dems:

1) Don't forget 2020, because Biden took 60+ electoral votes from

• Michigan (16 EVs)
  • Pennsylvania (20 EVs)
  • Georgia (16 EVs)
  • Arizona (11 EVs)

As long as the Dems hold at least three of those states (and honestly Michigan, PA, and Arizona are probably flipping for good), and keep the others they have, Republicans can't do shit in the Presidential.  Reinforce the shit out of those four states - use the mythical George Soros money to hold onto them, by running solid candidates throughout.

2) Give up on Wisconsin, Texas, and Florida, and pump all of that money into North Carolina (15 electoral votes).  Yeah, I said give up on Texas.  Sue me.  Pump that money into other states, including NC.

• Hook 'Em 1

johnnyblaze36 said:
Just checked the NYT live site and it says 95% in and their prediction is still leans Boebert. Not sure why but hope they are right.
Artorias said:
If she squeaks it out, maybe she will chill out a little
Agreed. I agree with being a fighter, but there's a point when it becomes grandstanding.

I think Ted Cruz's online presence is the model I'd follow.

Ah yes, sorry. I forgot men aren't allowed to comment based on observations, data, and statistics. I'll just mosey on off to an incel board since I'm such a fucking misogynist. I assume you've made no observations or comments whatsoever on Black and Latinx voting trends?
I'm a dude, but I feel you brought up fair points. Women are not a monolithic voting block. And do often marry and become submissive to thier husband's church, politics whatever. I had a friend that I stayed close to platonically after we briefly dated in High School. Through college at UT and beyond she was a smart cool chick that i respected intellectually. Then she married some dude and became a fucking wackadoodle right wing nut job. We no longer hang.

Perhaps the problem isnt women, based on exit polls, but white people.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Note: My view of the Democrats is mainly from the outside - I spent years within the Republican machine (well here in Texas) back in the 90s, and recognize some patterns, but the way Dems do things is still odd to me.  My view growing up was of Texas Democrats from LBJ through Ann Richards.

Anyways, my two bits of advice to the Dems:

1) Don't forget 2020, because Biden took 60+ electoral votes from

• Michigan (16 EVs)
  • Pennsylvania (20 EVs)
  • Georgia (16 EVs)
  • Arizona (11 EVs)

As long as the Dems hold at least three of those states (and honestly Michigan, PA, and Arizona are probably flipping for good), and keep the others they have, Republicans can't do shit in the Presidential.  Reinforce the shit out of those four states - use the mythical George Soros money to hold onto them, by running solid candidates throughout.

2) Give up on Wisconsin, Texas, and Florida, and pump all of that money into North Carolina (15 electoral votes).  Yeah, I said give up on Texas.  Sue me.  Pump that money into other states, including NC.

I agree as far as the distribution of limited resources goes, but this ain't the 90's and we do need a fifty-state strategy that incudes Texas. It is discouraging but the demographics are shifting away from the Rs here just as much as you say it is in MI, PA, and AZ, the only difference is it will take a bit longer. Beto helped a lot of the smaller races from flipping R and prevented a GOP supermajority in the Texas lege, which is going to matter in the future and a big reason why we can't just write off this state.

• Like 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Why give up WI? It went blue in 2020

Not a state I’d give up on, personally. The Midwest blue wall is very important. 

Fuck Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa. They’re red. Blue wall + AZ/GA/NV + NC

• Hook 'Em 4

Looks like another D senate / R governor split but the Gov is gonna be a photo finish 

Yeah, don’t know why AZ has been talked about as if it was over. We’ll see what the data looks like later today/tonight. Kari Lake as Governor would be an absolutely unmitigated disaster.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm giving up on Texas.  The state Rs won by a million votes each.  A million.  That's after little children were fucking liquified and old people froze to death and we are all now paying higher electric bills to pay off their cronies.  There's no defeating a million votes that don't give a shit about any of that.

Exactly. The MAGAs can have it. I’m out 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullneck said:
johnnyblaze36 said:
Just checked the NYT live site and it says 95% in and their prediction is still leans Boebert. Not sure why but hope they are right.
Artorias said:
If she squeaks it out, maybe she will chill out a little
Agreed. I agree with being a fighter, but there's a point when it becomes grandstanding.

I think Ted Cruz's online presence is the model I'd follow.

Prescient

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm giving up on Texas.  The state Rs won by a million votes each.  A million.  That's after little children were fucking liquified and old people froze to death and we are all now paying higher electric bills to pay off their cronies.  There's no defeating a million votes that don't give a shit about any of that.

let brisco cain go full blown war machine on women and large corporations in Texas over abortion and the rights of women leaving the state. 

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, don’t know why AZ has been talked about as if it was over. We’ll see what the data looks like later today/tonight. Kari Lake as Governor would be an absolutely unmitigated disaster.

That finchem guy is scary too. He would have control of the voting in 2024.  Shitttt

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're both catching up and some believe the remaining votes help them even more.  Who knows.

SIAP, but I see that Madison Cawthorn's seat easily stayed with the GOP. The m-fer only had to keep the status quo and he could have kept that seat for life.

Him and his twin with working legs both won’t be in Congress next year. NC did some things right (voting out Cawthorne in the primary and rejecting Bo Hines)

• Hook 'Em 2