2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they explain that the govt is bloated, corrupt, and inefficient.  then, when they get elected, they sit around, do nothing, and steal.

then they look at voters and say, "see?"

It’s why they lean so heavily into CRT, crime, and illegal immigration .   The perfect things that they can point to, drum up fear, win elections, then do jack shit about it, blame the democrats, and get re-elected for doing nothing.  Their voters just keep getting duped and the cycle goes on and on.

• Rage+1 1

Weird that all the guys predicting a huge red wave have disappeared….

I saw all the back and forth about lil Ronnie.  I think he’s the nominee in 2024.  Underestimating him would be a mistake.  Trump is the best card dems can play .  He’s a boat anchor in the maga boat parade and will drag the reds down if he is feeling disrespected.  Which is guaranteed.

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

Weird that all the guys predicting a huge red wave have disappeared….

I hope they’re writing up post mortems about how wrong they were, how they all herded based on bad polls and how they completely misjudged the women and young voter turning out. 

Funny how no one is discussing a huge miss when it was underestimating Dems this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In case anyone is wondering how the Macomb County election in Michigan is going, whelp, it got a lot less interesting earlier this year:

A Michigan election denier who was parodied by ‘S.N.L.’ is disqualified as a candidate.

Melissa Carone, who was enlisted by Rudolph W. Giuliani to testify at an election oversight hearing, made a false statement on a candidate affidavit, state officials said.

Melissa Carone at the Michigan House Oversight Committee in Lansing, Mich., on Dec. 2, 2020.

• Like 1

I didn’t predict anything but I also don’t think the results are very surprising.

With how the next senate cycle will shape up, the best thing for Dems now would be for Trump to be the 2024 nominee. That fucking tard has no shot in 2024.

Desantis is by far the best thing republicans have going and will win if he’s the 2024 nominee. 

7 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I didn’t predict anything but I also don’t think the results are very surprising.

With how the next senate cycle will shape up, the best thing for Dems now would be for Trump to be the 2024 nominee. That fucking tard has no shot in 2024.

Desantis is by far the best thing republicans have going and will win if he’s the 2024 nominee. 

Trump won’t go quietly.  He will crap on Desantis, never concede, say the race wasn’t fair, and probably go independent or try as hard as he can to burn the whole thing down.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

"That fucking tard"?  Your name is literally on his donor rolls from 2020 and 2016.  Plus you voted for him twice in the primaries.  You think this shit is some magic secret that only the Deep State can see?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I’ve never voted in my life 

Because you're a convicted felon whose never owned property and can't read?  Makes sense brutha.  You keep doing you and we'll change the man's system one day...

Edited by YGIFS

3 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

LOL

Dem operatives need to be waving that shit in Trump’s face, daring him to stand up for himself. Trump commands a substantial chunk of their voting base. When he turns on the GOP, it will crumble. 

Republicans pissed themselves into a corner. They can’t win with Trump and they can’t win without him. It’s a real shame.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Dem operatives need to be waving that shit in Trump’s face, daring him to stand up for himself. Trump commands a substantial chunk of their voting base. When he turns on the GOP, it will crumble. 

Republicans pissed themselves into a corner. They can’t win with Trump and they can’t win without him. It’s a real shame.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RabidM said:

If they invite Desantis to campaign with Walker instead of Trump, I wonder if Trump will direct his cult to vote for Wornock to show the GOP who's still in charge. 

Wouldn’t surprise me.  Trump never forgives and forgets. He’s the most bitter narcissistic man on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 1

Good point.  As mentally compromised as Trump is, he does not appear to be...at all...somebody who forgets the details of people/places/things that have crossed him at some recent juncture.  Dude's plan for next bowel movement are only usurped by his plans for next revenge tour.

Trump won’t go quietly.  He will crap on Desantis, never concede, say the race wasn’t fair, and probably go independent or try as hard as he can to burn the whole thing down.

Charlie Fuckin’ Crist landed a few punches against DeSantis in their debate. Ron’s political career will end the night he’s allowed to stand on a debate stage against Trump, and I suspect the GOP knows this. Will be fascinating to watch how they maneuver this pivot, should that be the direction they choose.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Charlie Fuckin’ Crist landed a few punches against DeSantis in their debate. Ron’s political career will end the night he’s allowed to stand on a debate stage against Trump, and I suspect the GOP knows this. Will be fascinating to watch how they maneuver this pivot, should that be the direction they choose.

They’ve got to somehow figure out how to make trump think it was his idea to have desantis run.  Sounds easy, since trump has already started his hit pieces. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Showing 99% reporting now for bobo and she’s still down 64.  Finish line in sight. Strong kick to end it tomorrow.  Then the recounting and litigation begins. 

Like that dumb bitch has enough money to fund any kind of real recount/litigation battle and as long as her seat doesn't make the difference between controlling the House and not controlling the House I don't see her party coming to her financial rescue.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I don’t want the GOP to take the house, but you’d have to imagine that a GOP majority of 220 or less would be extremely entertaining and could make them look really incompetent before 2024.  It might not be entirely a bad thing. 

A decent chunk (including the MTG/Gaetz contingent) will be more than happy to publicly apply purity tests to their fellow Republicans and shut the House down if they don't get their way.

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m listening to 3 gen Z kids on Twitter Spaces doing a CSI precinct by precinct deep dive into CO-3 (boehbert). 

Conclusion: No one knows anything. 

My very scientific view of this race and what’s left to count:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.a40513df678138604339a265062916e5.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My very scientific view of this race and what’s left to count:

Hide contents

image.jpeg.a40513df678138604339a265062916e5.jpeg

I’ve had to stop following on Twitter and just assume Boobert is going to eek it out…there’s insane over analysis on mail vs in-person, totals by counties, etc.  Latest is 1k uncounted in Mesa county could be the chunk that gets her over the top.  

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ron Johnson.

Ok, but here’s just a political reality: incumbent senators don’t lose in a midterm when the opposite party holds the presidency (unless that incumbent senator is named Ben Nelson and he runs genuinely the worst campaign in the history of ever).