2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

If nothing else, it seems like Indy's are really not into the crazy town shit this go round which is heartening.

i got into it on twitter right after the martha's vineyard nonsense, and some trumper was basically like, "this is amazing, the coastal elite dems don't want these immigrants anywhere close to them, it's a horrible look and will have a huge impact on ind voters who are finally figuring out the truth about dems and immigration blah blah"

i tried to explain to him that if you see that stunt and your response is "haha fuck those democrat hypocrites"...you're not an independent anything.

oddly enough, it proved difficult to reason with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boobert back up some more (800 votes), but Pueblo says all in-person votes are counted now.

5,000 mail-ins just in Puebo.  Should be Dem leaning. 

It's going to come down to the wire. 100% might have to wait until 2023. Just like that one Iowa race that was won by 6 votes

18 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Zero doubt about that. I hope Thiel loses Blake's number

I realize you're biased because you actually live in Arizona, and that's where this instinct comes from. But I personally hope Thiel and Masters remain besties and Thiels bankrolls him to run 3-4 more times, maybe in multiple states. Fuck it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's approximately 125,652 urban votes in Nevada (Washoe/Clark).  CCM is currently winning both urban counties. 

Only 626 are election day votes. 13,000 came in the mail in Clark yesterday. 

She needs 56.5% of them and she's been winning them with 60-70% of the vote each drop. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize you're biased because you actually live in Arizona, and that's where this instinct comes from. But I personally hope Thiel and Masters remain besties and Thiels bankrolls him to run 3-4 more times, maybe in multiple states. Fuck it. 

Cosign

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Boobert back up some more (800 votes), but Pueblo says all in-person votes are counted now.

5,000 mail-ins just in Puebo.  Should be Dem leaning. 

It's going to come down to the wire. 100% might have to wait until 2023. Just like that one Iowa race that was won by 6 votes

Very close. If it's say 60% D, that's a 1000 vote net.

11 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Lets. Fucking. Go

God damn.  That drop was Hobbs 67-33, Kelly 69-29, Fontes 69-31 and Mayes 66-34

Tucson just dropped those ballots like "We already suffered through Kevin Sumlin, we don't want Kari Lake"

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, G650 said:

If nothing else, it seems like Indy's are really not into the crazy town shit this go round which is heartening.

They went for Fetterman 58-38, Kelly 55-39 and Warnock 53-42

That is unheard of considering the headwins the Dems had this cycle

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, G650 said:

It might be a combination of 2 things. Democrats didn’t knock on doors in 2020 because of the virus and it hurt them tremendously. It looks like we couldn’t wait to hit the pavement this year. 

People are probably sick of all the outlandish conspiracy theories and election denying bullshit. Hearing shit from gop candidates about a “weather machine” controlled by the deep state and sent to punish Florida for voting Republican or the dems working with the FBI to recruit school shooters so that they can trumpet their anti gun agenda afterwards is way too much. I don’t know any sane person who would believe that shit or take someone seriously who does.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Isn't CO a place where if the win is by over 1k, there's no recount? 

that simply isn't going to happen.  this is a race where every single vote is going to matter.

boebert is currently up by 794 votes.

however, pueblo county only has in 93% of their vote, garfield county only has 90% of its vote, and pitkin only has 93%. 

60,398 votes have been counted in pueblo and they have gone 54-46 to frisch so far.  if the 93% number is correct, that means there are ~4,546 votes left.  If one assumes the same split, that means that frisch adds ~2,451 and jailbird adds ~2,095 netting a cut down of ~355.

23,542 votes have been counted in garfield county and they have gone 57-43 to frisch so far.  if the 90% numbers is correct, that means there are ~2,616 votes left from there.  if the split comes through the same, frisch adds ~1,486 and jailbird adds ~1,129 netting a cutdown of 356.

9,297 votes have been counted in pitkin county and they have gone 79-21 to frisch so far.  if the 93% number is correct, that means there are ~700 votes left from there.  If one assumes the same split, that means that frisch adds 554 and jailbird adds ~145 netting a cutdown of ~409

that is ~1,121 combined.  thus, as i have been saying, this is going to be a photo finish with a recount and it is going to depend on the persuasion of this next drop relative to the rest of the counties' tallied votes.  there will also be some slight shrapnel from the other counties but all of them are 99% in.

eta: to add pitkin county which i idiotically left off previously...and again to update the pitkin % in due to a previous reporting error.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

that simply isn't going to happen.  this is a race where every single vote is going to matter.

however, pueblo county only has in 93% of their vote, garfield county only has 90% of its vote, and pitkin only has 80%. 

60,398 votes have been counted in pueblo and they have gone 54-46 to frisch so far.  if the 93% number is correct, that means there are ~4,546 votes left.  If one assumes the same split, that means that frisch adds ~2,451 and jailbird adds ~2,095 netting a cut down of ~355.

23,542 votes have been counted in garfield county and they have gone 57-43 to frisch so far.  if the 90% numbers is correct, that means there are ~2,616 votes left from there.  if the split comes through the same, frisch adds ~1,486 and jailbird adds ~1,129 netting a cutdown of 356.

9,297 votes have been counted in pitkin county and they have gone 79-21 to frisch so far.  if the 80% number is correct, that means there are ~2,324 votes left from there.  If one assumes the same split, that means that frisch adds 1,841 and jailbird adds ~483 netting a cutdown of ~1,357

that is ~2,070 combined.  thus, as i have been saying, this is going to be a photo finish with a recount and it is going to depend on the persuasion of this next drop relative to the rest of the counties' tallied votes.  there will also be some slight shrapnel from the other counties but all of them are 99% in.

eta: to add pitkin county which i idiotically left off previously.

Are those % in figs votes or precincts? The vote totals seem awfully liquid. 

just as a weird observation, delores county and san miguel county colorado are kind of fascinating.  they are right next to each other, both sparsely populated.

857211941_Screenshot2022-11-10at16-05-47ColoradoThirdCongressionalDistrictElectionResults.png.8ef96b7f45fc09037c925be41578b6f5.png

delores, with its population of 2,300 people almost all from dove creek, cahone, and rico went 80% for boebert.  right next door, san miguel, with its population of 8,020 almost all in telluride and placerville, went 80% for frisch. there isn't a god damn thing in either county (except a little skiing in telluride obviously) but that county line makes one hell of a difference.  curious if @MoJames could explain why these cousins hate each other...or is it just ski slope money?

Edited by sidis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

just as a weird observation, delores county and san miguel county colorado are kind of fascinating.  they are right next to each other, both sparsely populated.

857211941_Screenshot2022-11-10at16-05-47ColoradoThirdCongressionalDistrictElectionResults.png.8ef96b7f45fc09037c925be41578b6f5.png

delores, with its population of 2,300 people almost all from dove creek, cahone, and rico went 80% for boebert.  right next door, san miguel, with its population of 8,020 almost all in telluride and placerville, went 80% for frisch. there isn't a god damn thing in either county (except a little skiing in telluride obviously) but that county line makes one hell of a difference.

Probably some local historical stuff. I'd bet good money that telluride brings in more tourism money and "coastal" values normalizing the locals and preventing them from embracing Q as it's bad for the bottom line.

24 minutes ago, sidis said:

however, pueblo county only has in 93% of their vote, garfield county only has 90% of its vote, and pitkin only has 80%. 

9,297 votes have been counted in pitkin county and they have gone 79-21 to frisch so far.  if the 80% number is correct, that means there are ~2,324 votes left from there.  If one assumes the same split, that means that frisch adds 1,841 and jailbird adds ~483 netting a cutdown of ~1,357

that is ~2,070 combined.  thus, as i have been saying, this is going to be a photo finish with a recount and it is going to depend on the persuasion of this next drop relative to the rest of the counties' tallied votes.  there will also be some slight shrapnel from the other counties but all of them are 99% in.

eta: to add pitkin county which i idiotically left off previously.

People on the ground think the Pitkin percentage is in error and that there are closer to only a hundred votes left there.