2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

4 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Are you saying you think Lake beats Hobbs? I have an irrational hatred of Lake so I have trouble comprehending sometimes.

Yes, I think Kelly and Fontes are in great positions and Lake is more likely than Hobbs to win, depending on the remaining Maricopa ballots.  Gov race will end up super super super close.  Don't think Senate or SOS will be that close in the end. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think Kelly and Fontes are in great positions and Lake is more likely than Hobbs to win, depending on the remaining Maricopa ballots.  Gov race will end up super super super close.  Don't think Senate or SOS will be that close in the end. 

Please baby Jesus don’t make me have to listen to Kari fucking Lake for the next 4 years.

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Universally I’m hearing all over town: Dems need to stop with the constant texting.  It’s incredibly off puttinf

I feel like I get more R texts than D. Apparently, some red wave riding, MAGA blowhard named Stephen registered my phone number somewhere and now I get spammed non-stop by the GOP. Pretty sure my blocked contact list is 10x my actual contacts list as a result.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dieucla98 said:

I feel like I get more R texts than D. Apparently, some red wave riding, MAGA blowhard named Stephen registered my phone number somewhere and now I get spammed non-stop by the GOP. Pretty sure my blocked contact list is 10x my actual contacts list as a result.

I guess it’s universal. 

18 hours ago, Js1 said:

Not a state I’d give up on, personally. The Midwest blue wall is very important. 

Fuck Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa. They’re red. Blue wall + AZ/GA/NV + NC

Fuck that. Ohio went for Bill Clinton twice and Barack Obama twice. For a long time however Ohio went, the country went. I’m not thrilled that the state went for Dubya and Trump but it’s a mistake to just give up. You can, I won’t. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

White people that turned 44 4 weeks ago here.  Just constantly wondering how other white peoples can act so cravenly selfish. And then knowing they the selfishness for most is misguided as they aren’t rich enough to even reap the benefits of R leadership. 

What is, "Most people are stupid", Alex?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Universally I’m hearing all over town: Dems need to stop with the constant texting.  It’s incredibly off puttinf

i got 5 emails a day from a dem in suburban chicago dooming and glooming about losing and needing my help.  won by 13 points. 

Just now, elfenix said:

i got 5 emails a day from a dem in suburban chicago dooming and glooming about losing and needing my help.  won by 13 points. 

This is something the national party needs an intervention about. Someone needs to e-mail them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" 12 times a day until the message sinks in. Hell, I think this cost Beto at least 100k votes in Texas.

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I would agree with that. I was getting multiple texts per day from Beto people asking to help monetarily or telling me about block walks or phone banks that I could help with. I've never donated to a political campaign in my life until I sent Beto a little bit here and there. I probably sent him money four or five different times, not much but $25 here or there. The texts asking for more every single day were a bit much. A couple of times, I was like "Damn, I just gave you some last night." Maybe a "Hey, thank you so much for your contribution last week" before asking for more would be appreciated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What is he talking about

Think these are the Maricopa County ballots, apparently some of the last early votes, which explains why they may skew R (relative to the earlier stuff). 

Edited by Gap03

3 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Think these are the Maricopa County ballots, apparently some of the last early votes, which explains why they may skew R (relative to the earlier stuff). 

But not overtly R.  Which helps Hobbs. 

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I would agree with that. I was getting multiple texts per day from Beto people asking to help monetarily or telling me about block walks or phone banks that I could help with. I've never donated to a political campaign in my life until I sent Beto a little bit here and there. I probably sent him money four or five different times, not much but $25 here or there. The texts asking for more every single day were a bit much. A couple of times, I was like "Damn, I just gave you some last night." Maybe a "Hey, thank you so much for your contribution last week" before asking for more would be appreciated.

This x 1,000,000,000

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Yeah, we have Ted Cruz.  Ouch.

And Cornyn. At least we have Sherrod Brown. Mike DeWine sucks but he’s better than Abbott. Before DeWine we had John Kasich. I disagreed with him on some things but not all. He’s a decent person, did a decent job as Governor, and rejected Trump. Before Abbott you had Rick “Oops” Perry, he of the official rally to pray for rain, the guy who wanted to eliminate the Dept. of Energy, even though he couldn’t remember its name, and then who became its Secretary only to finally find out then what the Department actually does. Before Perry, Texas voted for Dubya long before anyone else in the country could make the mistake of voting him president  Before Kasich, Ohio had Governor Ted Strickland, a Democrat  Ohio will go blue again long before Texas does. And because of Texas’ size and influence, what the Republicans do there is a concern to all the rest of us because of their ability to influence Republicans elsewhere.

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1