Gone posters

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

No. Been dealing with some pretty heavy family stuff. My uncle Bill (mentioned him a bunch in the football thread) is back in the hospital again. My cousin, Josh, Bill’s oldest son, killed himself over a week ago and just got back a few days ago from the funeral. Josh was only 35.
then my uncle Bill collapsed and fell later that evening. He had just gotten out of the rehabbing place he was in about a week or so before Josh killed himself. We were very close growing up and spent a lot of time together every year until 2020 when Covid made things difficult to travel and see family. Just a gut punch. For everyone. I will never understand why Josh did what he did. None of us can ever wrap our minds around it. 

Just haven’t felt like posting much. Which I am sure is a relief to some posters. The Ukraine stuff is just painful to watch and read about and I don’t have any new takes. Plus we all pretty much follow all the same Twitter feeds so I don’t have anything helpful to add. 

So sorry to hear this, Nicole.  That's awful.  I'm sorry.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's tough. I have a fairly close friend whose older brother ODed a couple weeks ago. Not sure he was even 30. Made me stop and think about my own life for a bit. People come and go just like that and it's a lot fucking harder when you're close to them. Hope you aren't beating yourself up over it or wondering if there's anything you could have done. It was his decision and you don't have to understand it. 

I think the board enjoys your posting for the most part. Different perspectives are a good thing here. 

Nicole is really good peeps. We met her for the first time at the surly tailgates last season. Any woman who can hang and put up with us at an event like that is ok in my book. She’s also fun to be around.

• Hook 'Em 3

Really?  After all the relatively positive exchanges I had with Immortal before he got booted, 4Doors systematically goes through all my posts a few times a week to neg-rep them.  I suspect on the days he runs out on me, he starts in on another one of y'all.  But IRL, it felt like he and I exchanged some normal, even helpful notes.  I don't give a shit about the rep, but the alerts are funny, it's some neg rep on some shit on the Music forum or Lulz forum, places I don't even remember posting.  But again, if it helps him to be back on here, furiously neg repping people at 2am, I'm all for it.  This is a demented community, but it's out community...including Immortal and what's endured. 

On 4/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, Lobo said:

Really?  After all the relatively positive exchanges I had with Immortal before he got booted, 4Doors systematically goes through all my posts a few times a week to neg-rep them.

image.gif.1ad552e61530a091d8441965d6d96005.gif

Yeah, you've been saying so for 10 years.  You're a lot of things.  Many of 'em good.  "Original" ain't one 'em.  You're a tired trope.  But I like your oil posts.  Stay gold

Why don't you do something clever again like post my real name, or maybe even my wife's name.  Do something bold for once in your life except being your parent's son.

The important thing to remember son, is that what happens next...it's your victory.  You are absolutely the A-#1 champion of what happens next.  When I have to leave this board for a spell, it's because of how awesome you are.  I want to you to have your moment.  Godspeed son...

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, you've been saying so for 10 years.  You're a lot of things.  Many of 'em good.  "Original" ain't one 'em.  You're a tired trope.  But I like your oil posts.  Stay gold

Why don't you do something clever again like post my real name, or maybe even my wife's name.  Do something bold for once in your life except being your parent's son.

The important thing to remember son, is that what happens next...it's your victory.  You are absolutely the A-#1 champion of what happens next.  When I have to leave this board for a spell, it's because of how awesome you are.  I want to you to have your moment.  Godspeed son...

Post your name???  No idea what you’re talking about. And it was a gif - fucking relax. 

I like the use of the word "relax."  Well played.  June or July 2018, I believe, same word used.  But couldn't have been you.  Musta been another Rex Kramer/Dr. Beeper.  You keep this one as a win in your column, no matter what they say about your shortcomings.  Imma let you take credit for my exit, seems fun.  

Anyway, gotta break away...stay gold weirdo.

Edited by Lobo

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I like the use of the word "relax."  Well played.  June or July 2018, I believe, same word used.  But couldn't have been you.  Musta been another Rex Kramer/Dr. Beeper.  You keep this one as a win in your column, no matter what they say about your shortcomings.  Imma let you take credit for my exit, seems fun.  

Anyway, gotta break away...stay gold weirdo.

Not RK. I’ve said it thousands of times. 

Gotcha, bro.  I must be thinking of the other guy at your O&G investment desk in the Patagonia vest.  ;) 

We have way too many degenerate friends in common.  

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Gotcha, bro.  I must be thinking of the other guy at your O&G investment desk in the Patagonia vest.  ;) 

We have way too many degenerate friends in common.  

I don’t sit at an “O&G investment desk” and don’t wear Patagonia vests. I doubt we have one friend in common. 

Sorry, I was thinking of Rex Kramer who you are not.  But I did think you indicated, at some point, that you were a Sig Ep at UT-Austin in the late 90's.  But I'm probably thinking of Rex again because I think you said you (porterhouse) went to TCU or SMU.  Shit, now it's coming back to me.  I've never been able to keep names straight.  

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Sorry, I was thinking of Rex Kramer who you are not.  But I did think you indicated, at some point, that you were a Sig Ep at UT-Austin in the late 90's.  But I'm probably thinking of Rex again because I think you said you (porterhouse) went to TCU or SMU.  Shit, now it's coming back to me.  I've never been able to keep names straight.  

Wrong, wrong, wrong. 

On 3/16/2022 at 12:10 PM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

anyone remember Attila the Horn? 

I do. Are you him? Or are you from that splinter board that was run by some guy that was a pest control dude...shit, I can't remember his handle? Jumbo, Brocko, Ganchelos and Judge Roybeanbag were posters there too. We even had Hook Mom and Mojito Ghandi post there for a bit. He went to jail too like Attila but for murder and not for drugs. If you are him, welcome to Surly and hope you are doing better these days. 

Jade got married and outgrew our juvenile asses after going to some jobs program for wayward youth. Shame, I was hoping to catch some of her food pics in Vic's thread and find out if her husband survived after a year of it or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Porterhouse is lying about not being Dr. Beeper just like Beeper lied about not being Kramer. Only this time Imamac isn't gonna pull that "he isn't Dr. Beeper" bullshit to help your lie. You are the same fuckheaded cockroach you've always been. The truth always outs, cockroach.  

Football message board drama not going away.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Jade got married and outgrew our juvenile asses after going to some jobs program for wayward youth. Shame, I was hoping to catch some of her food pics in Vic's thread and find out if her husband survived after a year of it or not.

Lulz.

It's hard to keep up with everyone but I remember Jade going off to that wayward youth program and I think she ended up hooking up and fucking what Surly quickly deduced was a virgin.  Is that the dude she married?  The thought of that poor bastard having to eat her chili and pretend to like it tho...that's just a bridge too far.

33 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Porterhouse is lying about not being Dr. Beeper just like Beeper lied about not being Kramer. Only this time Imamac isn't gonna pull that "he isn't Dr. Beeper" bullshit to help your lie. You are the same fuckheaded cockroach you've always been. The truth always outs, cockroach.  

Huh?  I am Beeper. Never said otherwise. 

On 4/14/2022 at 10:37 PM, burntorangebongos said:

I do. Are you him? Or are you from that splinter board that was run by some guy that was a pest control dude...shit, I can't remember his handle? Jumbo, Brocko, Ganchelos and Judge Roybeanbag were posters there too. We even had Hook Mom and Mojito Ghandi post there for a bit. He went to jail too like Attila but for murder and not for drugs. If you are him, welcome to Surly and hope you are doing better these days. 

Lol I just saw this post, I don’t venture in this forum much.   Ganchelos and Senor Feliz were and hopefully are good people.  The pest control person I think you’re remembering, although I’m not sure if it was pest control, was RoundRockHorn.  There is still a board where those guys post.  Attila did fuckup pretty badly, but I think his life is back on track now.  Mojito actually murdered someone so fuck that guy.

Always wondered what happened to Megadittos, whose real name I won’t share, but last time I sat with him at a UT game he was literally going blind.

Jumbo is just Jumbo.  We disagreed on politics but he was a nice and decent person.  As were PJ, and Microhorn.  Oh and I almost left out Pasotex.  He was awesome too.  Don’t get me started on Purg.  He was actually in a few movies, but crazy.  I won’t share his name either.  I used to admire Brocko, before he lost his mind.  He would pick up his kid in Galveston and spend the whole summer trudging down the intracoastal, fishing. At some point he quit doing that and just became a troll.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

you have always been the fucking guy, changing identities because you are a miserable fucking POS cockroach. 

No idea what you’re talking about. I really don’t. Seems to be a theme calling me a cockroach repeatedly. Have at it buddy!

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Lol I just saw this post, I don’t venture in this forum much.   Ganchelos and Senor Feliz were and hopefully are good people.  The pest control person I think you’re remembering, although I’m not sure if it was pest control, was RoundRockHorn.  There is still a board where those guys post.  Attila did fuckup pretty badly, but I think his life is back on track now.  Mojito actually murdered someone so fuck that guy.

Always wondered what happened to Megadittos, whose real name I won’t share, but last time I sat with him at a UT game he was literally going blind.

Jumbo is just Jumbo.  We disagreed on politics but he was a nice and decent person.  As were PJ, and Microhorn.  Oh and I almost left out Pasotex.  He was awesome too.  Don’t get me started on Purg.  He was actually in a few movies, but crazy.  I won’t share his name either.  I used to admire Brocko, before he lost his mind.  He would pick up his kid in Galveston and spend the whole summer trudging down the intracoastal, fishing. At some point he quit doing that and just became a troll.  

Jumbo was genuine. He was the impetuous of the Earl statute and for like 1500 or so he offered the board getting their name on it. I just didn't  believe he could pull it off, he was also trying to get a Ricky statute when Ricky was acting weird so I didn't believe any of it would move forward. Fuuuuck. Could have fucking believed in the pull of a true man of clout and had my name in perpetuity on Earl or Ricky. Daaaaymn.

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Jumbo was genuine. He was the impetuous of the Earl statute and for like 1500 or so he offered the board getting their name on it. I just didn't  believe he could pull it off, he was also trying to get a Ricky statute when Ricky was acting weird so I didn't believe any of it would move forward. Fuuuuck. Could have fucking believed in the pull of a true man of clout and had my name in perpetuity on Earl or Ricky. Daaaaymn.

Yeah I remember thinking he was just talking shit until I saw the actual statue in progress.  That was pretty cool. He also rented the private damn Amtrak  train car to ride to the Rose Bowl.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Just imitating Darryl Royal's idea of what to call the insect that shits in your punchbowl...TCU fans and alums are synonymous with cockroaches, but you know that POS cockroach.

I know the reference. Still am lost. But you sound really sure of yourself. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:37 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Hook Mom?  Heh. 

I remember her post asking resident doctors about her cooch issues. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

For which day care?

I know, he posted a bunch of racist stuff and nuked himself, because Lobo wouldn’t stand to let UT boards have any semblance of racist-type talk. Regents were watching.