#11 Texas vs #2 Gonzaga - 8:30pm on ESPN2: it's game day, assholes!

KingBobo81

Just now, justhookit said:

What’s the deal on the new flop rule? Or I guess why is that a new point of emphasis? It’s not like flopping gives an advantage to the defense or is dangerous for either player. It seems like it was a solution to a problem that didn’t exist.

They didn't want to futbol our basketball so they're nipping that shit in the bud.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

What’s the deal on the new flop rule? Or I guess why is that a new point of emphasis? It’s not like flopping gives an advantage to the defense or is dangerous for either player. It seems like it was a solution to a problem that didn’t exist.

Because actual flopping is annoying as shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

First game for me in the new arena. Obviously, game was awesome. But that arena....
Such a great atmosphere. Seriously the most fun I've had at a UT game of any kind in a long time. Ya it helps we won against #2 but this was WAY different. 
They did Moody right, in a big fucking way. 

The TV crew was gushing over the crowd and the Moody. Well done
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, justhookit said:

they changed the rule this year that flopping is an auto T. Last year you got warned first.

11 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

First game for me in the new arena. Obviously, game was awesome. But that arena....

Such a great atmosphere. Seriously the most fun I've had at a UT game of any kind in a long time. Ya it helps we won against #2 but this was WAY different. 

They did Moody right, in a big fucking way. 

Yeah I picked up a cheap ticket for the game against HCU last week. The atmosphere was obviously nothing like tonight, but even watching that game it was obvious how bad ass that place will be for big games. Also, you can buy a drink in that place approximately every 10 feet. whatever ticket revenue they lose from only having 10K seats, they will make up for in booze sales. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Yeah I picked up a cheap ticket for the game against HCU last week. The atmosphere was obviously nothing like tonight, but even watching that game it was obvious how bad ass that place will be for big games. Also, you can buy a drink in that place approximately every 10 feet. whatever ticket revenue they lose from only having 10K seats, they will make up for in booze sales. 

I definitely helped that revenue stream out tonight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Especially because the drinks start at $12.

1 minute ago, Knighthawk said:

This team looks fucking salty.   Plenty of time to gel before the tournament.    I worry a little about a big 5 and big 4 mismatch down the road 

Well, it's not like Drew Timme isn't a threat.  Last year, he went for 37, this year, 18.  I think we're OK, as much as any team can be against a stellar big.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol his marquee win with Texas?

Let me know when he wins a national title. Go fuck yourself with that complacent bullshit that has plagued us across a lot of sports for a long time now. 

Show us what it's really about, Beard. 

Go win that whole damn thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Definitely not sorry if already posted.

They are getting fucking pumped for the World Cup to start, aren’t they. 

…making light of the fact that I missed the game because I have been avoiding most of Surly since last Saturday. 

I am pumped that we crushed it on national TV in the new crib.  

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

They are getting fucking pumped for the World Cup to start, aren’t they. 

…making light of the fact that I missed the game because I have been avoiding most of Surly since last Saturday. 

I am pumped that we crushed it on national TV in the new crib.  

And that’s understandable.

• Hook 'Em 1