New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

Also he’s screwed if he decides to run again. Not just bc he’s a grifting conman but because the NY courts told them to redraw their maps. I doubt your NYGOP will be upset if he’s drawn into a super unfriendly(unfriendlier?) seat

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also he’s screwed if he decides to run again. Not just bc he’s a grifting conman but because the NY courts told them to redraw their maps. I doubt your NYGOP will be upset if he’s drawn into a super unfriendly(unfriendlier?) seat

he won’t make it out of the primary 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

What's the fraud charge?  I can't keep track of all these asshats.  Santos is fraudulent to the bone, what are the nailing him for?

Well, the charges he was indicted for were fraud, money laundering, theft of public funds, and false statements.  

That's assuming there isn't more potentially in the works, but if he is coping a plea, I'd imagine he's either taking the full rap or he has someone else to give up as well.  Either way, as soon as this occurs, a special election will be called.  

In any event, my thumb in the air guess is that he's looking at a solid 10 or so years in prison.  

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What's the fraud charge?  I can't keep track of all these asshats.  Santos is fraudulent to the bone, what are the nailing him for?

Wire fraud, money laundering and theft of public funds

In May 2023, a grand jury in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York indicted Santos on 13 criminal charges: seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives. Prosecutors accused Santos of "three distinct schemes": fraudulent solicitation of political contributions, unemployment benefits fraud, and making false statements on the financial disclosure reports he submitted to the House of Representatives. In the fraudulent solicitation scheme, Santos allegedly persuaded two supporters to donate $25,000 each to a limited liability company controlled by him and then used the money for personal expenses. He told them it was a Super PAC and that the money would buy TV ads to support his campaign. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Santos also allegedly obtained a total of $24,000 in unemployment benefits from mid-2020 to April 2021 while drawing an annual salary of $120,000.[9][1]

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, the charges he was indicted for were fraud, money laundering, theft of public funds, and false statements.  

That's assuming there isn't more potentially in the works, but if he is coping a plea, I'd imagine he's either taking the full rap or he has someone else to give up as well.  Either way, as soon as this occurs, a special election will be called.  

In any event, my thumb in the air guess is that he's looking at a solid 10 or so years in prison.  

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he gets any real prison time at all. Maybe I'm just being naive here. It's unfathomable he's been allowed to hang around as long as he has.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

any event, my thumb in the air guess is that he's looking at a solid 10 or so years in prison.  

Would this by statute prevent him from running in the special election, to keep his seat?  Or would the have to be negotiated as part of the plea?  Because I can already see it. 

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he gets any real prison time at all. Maybe I'm just being naive here. It's unfathomable he's been allowed to hang around as long as he has.

He's going to prison, this isn't a guy with any real sort of cover.  For how long only depends on what he may have to trade, which I don't think is much, and how cooperative he has been in the process (my guess is he's been evasive).  But he is going to prison.  

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would this by statute prevent him from running in the special election, to keep his seat?  Or would the have to be negotiated as part of the plea?  Because I can already see it. 

I don't know State of New York election law, but I seriously doubt the Republican party would back him at all.  They still want to win the seat, so if there is a primary of any sort, they will back someone against him, even if he can run.  Bottom line, he won't survive a primary, even if that is allowed.  

19 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

When do The Deplorables come to his aid by claiming it's a political witchhunt?

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's also crazy to remember that the vast majority of us have only been aware of him for ~8 months. And he's been relatively quiet the past few months.

Just keeping his nose clean and doing work on behalf of the American people. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some background on her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/05/nyregion/santos-accountant-nancy-marks-guilty.html

The bookkeeper, Nancy Marks, pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to defraud the United States. She also admitted to falsifying and inflating financial numbers and making numerous false statements in conjunction with Mr. Santos. Under the terms of her deal, she could face between three and four years in prison.

Over the years, Ms. Marks has handled the finances of some of New York’s most powerful Republicans but has also been dogged by allegations of wrongdoing.

Ms. Marks, 58, has deep ties to Republicans on Long Island, having handled the finances of not only Mr. Santos but also John Flanagan, a former state senator and majority leader, and Lee Zeldin, a former congressman who narrowly lost last year’s governor’s race.

A relentless entrepreneur, Ms. Marks offered clients not only bookkeeping but also printing and consulting services, all out of a converted garage at her home in Shirley, N.Y.

Ms. Marks also managed the finances of numerous conservative groups, including the God Guns and Life super PAC and the 1776 Project PAC, a national organization that funds school board candidates who aim to restrict free expression of gender and teaching about the history of racism in America.

Ms. Marks’s work has attracted the attention of federal prosecutors numerous times before, The New York Times reported earlier this year. In the first instance, prosecutors investigated allegations she had helped broker the sale of a ballot line; in the second, they looked at claims that she had embezzled money from a client. She was never charged.

What the fuck is "Aggravated Identity Theft?"  Like, "I was gonna steal his identity and fund my congressional campaign.  But he wouldn't let me, so I get real aggressive-like.  He acted like he didn't like it, but I could tell he did deep down."  

Also you folks realize there's like a 4% chance he's the next Speaker of the House.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Popcorn.gif

This guy is definitely in Gritty’s crosshairs now. His finding out is going to be a fireworks-filled spectacular. You know there are going to be more people come forward with more stories of fraud he has committed as well as more odd lies like being on a college volleyball team. This guy is stunningly brazen in his ignorance. 

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What the fuck is "Aggravated Identity Theft?"  Like, "I was gonna steal his identity and fund my congressional campaign.  But he wouldn't let me, so I get real aggressive-like.  He acted like he didn't like it, but I could tell he did deep down."  

Also you folks realize there's like a 4% chance he's the next Speaker of the House.  

You know, if it's clear there is going to be a split and need another round, if I'm a Democrat House member I'm nominating him just be a dick.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

That's actually a great idea.  I know they don't want to be the sideshow of the three-ring shitshow in the GOP House Speaker deal.  But I'd fucking up and move to the district office to work for any Democrat that gets up once it's clear that round there'll be no winner and says, "I nominate the Gentleman from New York, Mr. Santos.  His illustrious political career, the Nobel Prize in Economics, All-American Librero and Librarian at Baruch College, fluent in Farsi, battlefield commissioned officer in the War over Macho Grande, and a leader of the highest moral fiber.  I yield back my time..."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Holy Shit, he was stealing his donors credit card info and maxing their cards.  I'm sort of impressed at the balls of this fucking guy.  

BY JAKE OFFENHARTZ
Updated 6:26 PM EDT, October 10, 2023

NEW YORK (AP) — A new indictment filed Tuesday charged U.S. Rep. George Santos with stealing the identities of donors to his campaign and then using their credit cards to ring up tens of thousands of dollars in unauthorized charges.

Prosecutors said some of that stolen money ended up in his own bank account.

The 23-count indictment replaces one filed earlier against the New York Republican charging him with embezzling money from his campaign and lying to Congress about his wealth, among other offenses.

The new charges include allegations that he charged more than $44,000 to his campaign over a period of months using cards belonging to contributors without their knowledge. In one case, he charged $12,000 to a contributor’s credit card and transferred the “vast majority” of that money into his personal bank account, prosecutors said.

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Holy Shit, he was stealing his donors credit card info and maxing their cards.  I'm sort of impressed at the balls of this fucking guy.  

How pissed is Trump he didn’t figure it out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Defense Counsel, "Good news, bad news Congressman Santos.  Bad news is every single plaintiff wants to press charges for stealing their CC information."

Santos, "Oy vey.  Well, what's the good news?"

Defense Counsel, "You racked up a ton of miles.  Platinum status, just like you always said you had..."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1