New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Schiff has been censured and Santos has not. I think I hate this country now.

Santos IS this country now.  He is our id, the perfect representative for what this Republic has become, driven by the GQP's relentless degradation of any and all laws, rules, or norms.

Although, ironically, he's also set a haven for how LGBTQ people can be safe: you can be as gay/trans/whatever as you want, so long as you're willing to go full-crook and carry water for the GQP.  You could stand up and say "I'm super-trans, and a drag queen, and when I'm not in my office in Washington, I'm working to turn your kids super-gay!", and so long as you vote McCarthy's way....you're one of the safest people in the country.

Remember that when anyone who still votes GQP tells you they stand for "principles."  They only principle they stand for is being lying pieces of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4

You fight this disclosure because now curious reporters and political opponents know whose finances to investigate. You know, if something isn't on the up and up. 

Why you fight it if it's innocent would be a good question. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You fight this disclosure because now curious reporters and political opponents know whose finances to investigate. You know, if something isn't in the up and up. 

Why would anyone's finances need to be investigated if the judge allowed his relatives to merely make themselves responsible for defendant's compliance with the terms of his release, with no property nor cash offered to secure a bond? What the fuck is the point of bond? 

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You fight this disclosure because now curious reporters and political opponents know whose finances to investigate. You know, if something isn't on the up and up. 

Hey, is that your kid  who got into congress? I need my house painted. It's a 1500 square foot bungalow. You pick the colors. Will a million bucks be fair?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

remember they only needed to pay a portion of the bond. they didn't pay half a million to bail him out.

Isn't it usually 10% so $50K in this instance.

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Why even fight this disclosure?

Exactly. If it's on the up-and-up and it's just his parents, WGAF? Why fight the release of that information? Something else is a-foot.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, but it’s all in Times New Roman, the laziest font.

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I switched to Book Antiqua two years ago and haven’t had a motion denied since.

I've read briefs from lawyers written in ALL CAPS as well as in that stupid cursive font.  Don't go crazy with font.  Don't even get too cute with it.  Antigua isn't so bad though.  And I don't know where the line is, but when it's crossed, we remember.

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bolsonaro is already back. He returned to Brazil in March.

He’ll be back. He’s been barred from running for office again for 8 years I think 

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’ll be back. He’s been barred from running for office again for 8 years I think 

Retroactive to 2022 so he can run again in 2030. The point was that he’s not hiding out in Florida anymore so we aren’t in a position to give him back.

Even though Bolsonaro can’t run in 2026, his wife can and he said he’d support her. So he’s not exactly out of presidential politics in Brazil.

IMG_6535.thumb.png.9811e508743472dc3450646959346baa.png

Retroactive to 2022 so he can run again in 2030. The point was that he’s not hiding out in Florida anymore so we aren’t in a position to give him back.
Even though Bolsonaro can’t run in 2026, his wife can and he said he’d support her. So he’s not exactly out of presidential politics in Brazil.
IMG_6535.thumb.png.9811e508743472dc3450646959346baa.png

Vote for the Ma and get the Pa!
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

On paper. Which still has the perforations on the side from the removed printer feed strips.

I came across a box of that paper in my mom's house a few years ago and showed my daughter.  She thought it was the coolest fucking thing in the world.

"the paper doesn't stop, and it's in a box instead of on a paper towel roll and you can tear the sides off!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2023 at 5:41 PM, South Austin said:

Single-spaced.

So the Warren Commission Report, you know a Presidential Assassination finding, was 888 pages.  80,000 pages sure seems like a shit load of evidence.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, if you had told me that those two saucy actresses would be exploring a lesbian romance on one of my favorite shows before the season aired, I woulda been beside myself with anticipation.  Then I watched that mid-season arc and by my best estimate...it pointlessly robbed us of about 40 minutes of quality Ted Lasso programming focused elsewhere.  

And which showrunner do we have to blame for this horrible miscalculation of screentime?  You guessed it!  George Santos