New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

And because of the first vote taking place before this report or any convictions, there are now a bunch of Rs and a few Ds that have voted to let him remain in the house. Which I assume was the point of the vote since it wasn’t going to remove him.  

but seriously, this guy keeps showing up with a baby and it isn’t explained?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

And he will still serve out his term, voting R the entire way. Awesome.

I don't think that's true. They'll put him up for censure again, and I think now that he'll get tossed. Of course, it's also like a 30% chance the Repubs say "see, he's not running again" and let him finish out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think that's true. They'll put him up for censure again, and I think now that he'll get tossed. Of course, it's also like a 30% chance the Repubs say "see, he's not running again" and let him finish out. 

Ding ding ding 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

And he will still serve out his term, voting R the entire way. Awesome.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

He will only be tossed after a conviction. That's the precedent and why he wasn't the first time (and also why many Democrats voted against it.)

If he's convicted before election day then he's gone.

• Rage+1 1

Well, I'm convinced.

And because his mini-screed was clipped:

Spoiler

If there was a single ounce of ETHICS in the “Ethics committee”, they would have not released this biased report. The Committee went to extraordinary lengths to smear myself and my legal team about me not being forthcoming (My legal bills suggest otherwise). It is a disgusting politicized smear that shows the depths of how low our federal government has sunk.

Everyone who participated in this grave miscarriage of Justice should all be ashamed of themselves. We the People desperately need an Article V Constitutional Convention. We are quickly approaching $34 trillion dollars in debt, the government is continuously on the verge of a shutdown, our southern border is wide open, our current President is the head of an influence peddling crime family, and all this Congress wants to do is attack their political enemies with tit for tat unconstitutional censures, impeachments, expulsions and ethics investigations. THE TIME IS NOW FOR THE STATES TO RISE UP AND COMMENCE AN ARTICLE V CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION! I’ve come to expect vitriol like this from political opposition but not from the hallowed halls of public service.

I will remain steadfast in fighting for my rights and for defending my name in the face of adversity. I am humbled yet again and reminded that I am human and I have flaws, but I will not stand by as I am stoned by those who have flaws themselves. I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed. I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time. Public service life was never a goal or a dream, but I stepped up to the occasion when I felt my country needed it most. I will 100% continue to maintain my commitment to my conservative values in my remaining time in Congress.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And because of the first vote taking place before this report or any convictions, there are now a bunch of Rs and a few Ds that have voted to let him remain in the house. Which I assume was the point of the vote since it wasn’t going to remove him.  

but seriously, this guy keeps showing up with a baby and it isn’t explained?

IMG_2709.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

so i'm going to walk back my comment - looks like the House may vote to expel him after the Thanksgiving break. 

Still not convicted- some folks had pretty strong statements about innocent until proven guilty after their previous No votes.  I guess the house ethics committee is as good as a criminal conviction, or will be spun to be so?

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Still not convicted- some folks had pretty strong statements about innocent until proven guilty after their previous No votes.  I guess the house ethics committee is as good as a criminal conviction, or will be spun to be so?

The latter is what I've been reading - that the evidence found by the committee (and Santos' refusal to cooperate) is enough to remove any doubt.

So it still breaks from what has happened in the past but his case is so egregious and the evidence the committee was able to find so overwhelming that they must feel they have no choice but to kick him out.

So there is finally a resolution to expel Santos, which is expected to be voted on after Thanksgiving break, at which point nothing will happen.

Al Franken is pressured by his own party to resign over a photo of him pretending to grope a female member of the military, and he does, immediately.  George Santos is a complete fraud and pathalogical liar, yet the Republicans just look the other way.  "Both sides".

Good luck with that

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

On 11/16/2023 at 10:19 AM, TexEx15 said:

But no liposuction?  Color me shocked.

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So johnson takes over and the first three things that will get done are a short term CR in which democrat affirmative votes outnumbered Republican ones, break very early for thanksgiving, and then boot an R member?

FALSE FLAG OPERATION!!!!

Edited by Bullneck

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

So there is finally a resolution to expel Santos, which is expected to be voted on after Thanksgiving break, at which point nothing will happen.

Good luck with that

Since it is coming from the Chair of the Ethics Committee, and not his fellow NY GOP delegation who were trying to save their butts, it probably will succeed.

The guy who ran the investigation and compiled the report is the one recommending expulsion by introducing the resolution. 

I think he gone. 

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Since it is coming from the Chair of the Ethics Committee, and not his fellow NY GOP delegation who were trying to save their butts, it probably will succeed.

The guy who ran the investigation and compiled the report is the one recommending expulsion by introducing the resolution. 

I think he gone. 

I hope you're right.  I have PTSD.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I hope you're right.  I have PTSD.

“Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) thought the House Ethics Committee’s report on Rep. George Santos (R-NY) is ‘troubling’ and urged lawmakers ‘to consider the best interests of the institution as this matter is addressed further,’ Punchbowl Newsreports.

It’s being reported it’s basically a green light to expel and leadership won’t whip against it

They whipped against the first vote because they felt Santos deserved to have his fate wait for the report findings first 

Edited by Js1