2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

3 minutes ago, texasdago said:

That little lightning-filled cell that went through south Austin around 4:00 was something... one house two streets over high by lightning and a tree at the entrance of the hood split by a lightning bolt.

Yeah, I'm really surprised I didn't lose limbs from my last remaining Arizona Ash. 

55 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

I can already see the break that is going to pass over Austin.

the good news. Hopefully this cell that has been dumping all morning out above the lakes gets the ground wet enough for future rains to run off. 

Of course, now that I’ve said this, they wont get anything for weeks.

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yep, last night was brutal watching the storm pass north of us from my back porch. 

So damn frustrating. I'm out west a bit past 2722 on 46 and I swear storms just disintegrate over us if they are coming from the NW or W.

I've counted 11 times in the past 6 months that large clusters of storms have washed out right over us.

51 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

So damn frustrating. I'm out west a bit past 2722 on 46 and I swear storms just disintegrate over us if they are coming from the NW or W.

I've counted 11 times in the past 6 months that large clusters of storms have washed out right over us.

it's because you touch yourself at night.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

make it 12 now - that line of storms just up and vanished like a fart in the wind

2 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Yeah, I'm really surprised I didn't lose limbs from my last remaining Arizona Ash. 

I’m about to have to cut my last AZ Ash down here pretty soon.  It’s about 35 years old (which is pretty far past their life span) and the split trunk has started to rot a bit.  Of course, it’s an enormous tree in the front yard that gives the house all the shade during the morning hours.   Damnit 

27 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'm probably around 6-7 miles away from AB, and we've had 0.8" for the entire event.

But it could be worse, I could be in New Braunfels.

In general or during this? I-35 is the worst thing that could happen to that town. Such a gem and then 35 is a scar through there.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

In general or during this? I-35 is the worst thing that could happen to that town. Such a gem and then 35 is a scar through there.

That 0.8" is for this entire event that started 2 days ago or whenever.  But yeah, that was the first measurable rain at my house since June 21.  I don't live east though, I live west.  I'm in NW Travis Co or you could think of it as the very southern bit of Cedar Park, the part that is in Travis County.

Half an inch in the last 15 minutes. Kid is already on the bus on the way home. She’s on her own, I’m not going out in this shit to get her 😁

Parts of Friendswood showing 2+” in the last 30, and bw8 and 288 has over 4” the last hour  

4AAE8FB7-2077-48B0-99F8-84E780C7A136.jpeg

Edited by UT_OB1

17 hours ago, utee94 said:

That 0.8" is for this entire event that started 2 days ago or whenever.  But yeah, that was the first measurable rain at my house since June 21.  I don't live east though, I live west.  I'm in NW Travis Co or you could think of it as the very southern bit of Cedar Park, the part that is in Travis County.

Twin Creeks?