Brazil going nuts

Sawbonz

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The city of Brasilia looks like people there should speak Esperanto and wear quasi-futuristic clothing.

Basically because it was a made up city. 
be like if all of the sudden the US decided that DC sucks and the new capitol  should be in some cornfield in Iowa and everything had to be built new. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

be like if all of the sudden the US decided that DC sucks and the new capitol  should be in some cornfield in Iowa and everything had to be built new. 

It’s not the only purpose built capitals. Basic premise was to develop the interior of the country as most Brazilians and major cities are coastal. And yeah, Brazilians have an affinity for modern/mcm architecture.

What a bunch of jackasses. Someone already said it, no one ever accused bolsonariistas of being smart. Hope they fuck around and find out like that dumbass did in DC.

Even better than congress not being in session is Lula isn’t even there. He is over in a small city in São Paulo. Sounds like he wants to investigate who is financing the terrorists.

https://noticias.uol.com.br/politica/ultimas-noticias/2023/01/08/lula-decreta-intervencao-federal-no-df-ate-31-de-janeiro.htm
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Yep. In school we learned that it was to develop the interior, and they'd show us movies about it on days the teacher had a headache, this was back when they were still building it.

Then a week later, it'd be another movie about Pedro and his Donkey. in Paraguay, or Bolivia, or...

Yep. In school we learned that it was to develop the interior, and they'd show us movies about it on days the teacher had a headache, this was back when they were still building it.
Then a week later, it'd be another movie about Pedro and his Donkey. in Paraguay, or Bolivia, or...

Das what I said.

I have friend that lives there. A real deal hippie type. She actually really likes the city.
  • Drool 1

Oh the irony.

The former President (being advised by Steve Bannon) is hanging out in Florida while a throng of his supporters ransack the capitol buildings in an ill-fated attempt to overturn the previous election on an early January day. 

"All great world historic-facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. The first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Oh the irony.

The former President (being advised by Steve Bannon) is hanging out in Florida while a throng of his supporters ransack the capitol buildings in an ill-fated attempt to overturn the previous election on an early January day. 

"All great world historic-facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. The first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

fyi, he’s never going back 

2 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

So they are a bit dumber then out version 

Pretty low bar to get under.

Is this As Antifas Mas or did our guys fly down there to false flag?

Also, are Braziilian police and soldiers as restrained and disciplined as ours usually are? Traitors get tracers from here on out, meus amigos!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Also, are Braziilian police and soldiers as restrained and disciplined as ours usually are? Traitors get tracers from here on out, meus amigos!

In a favela, no restraint. At the capitol with the world watching, they got tear gas and zip tied.

Like I was saying, they should have released BOPE on them and made it like The Most Dangerous Game around the city.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Not sure our antifa would even be aware there was ever once a Brazilian emperor.

image.thumb.png.3d711a43c8a57329c80e85e9b7a9404c.png

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/08/world/brazil-congress-protests-bolsonaro/309b8594-a2ff-5979-9d52-03f0dfa72734?smid=url-share

Really, it's always the same shit with these people. Appropriate the symbology of some past "glorious" epoch to lend an air of legitimacy, purpose, and gravitas to their fucking clown parade.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

What a coincidence Bolsonaro is out of country.

Actually I don’t know how this wasn’t foreseen, if it wasn’t. Doesn’t Brasilia have some of the worst traffic jams in the world? Probably should’ve seen some kind of traffic blip

Edited by StassneyHorn

I am shocked there wasn’t a more aggressive response by police. 
Really going to be interesting to see where investigation into this shitshow goes. 
I’m not going to say Lula was great the first time around (although major points for making Gilberto Gil Minister of Culture) but this playbook that Team Bolsa is running is doomed to failure. 
Lula should have all these mofos prosecuted fully. 

I am shocked there wasn’t a more aggressive response by police. 
Really going to be interesting to see where investigation into this shitshow goes. 
I’m not going to say Lula was great the first time around (although major points for making Gilberto Gil Minister of Culture) but this playbook that Team Bolsa is running is doomed to failure. 
Lula should have all these mofos prosecuted fully. 

Lula isn’t great. But he is way better than bostanaro.

The reaction I think is understandable considering the world was watching. This isn’t the same as the death squads in the 70s-80s under the dictatorship. While Lula is more left than I care for, he isn’t a psycho.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Lula isn’t great. But he is way better than bostanaro.

The reaction I think is understandable considering the world was watching. This isn’t the same as the death squads in the 70s-80s under the dictatorship. While Lula is more left than I care for, he isn’t a psycho.

100% Lula vs Bolsanaro. 
Lula is like re-electing Marion Barry. He’s crooked but he’s your crooked if that makes sense. It’s the old school graft vs the far right shit B is pushing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My brother and my dad in Rio were pretty surprised by this, whereas no one was surprised by 1/6 here really.  

Yeah I think this means bolzo ain’t going back.  There is a lot of scar tissue around Lula but no one thinks he didn’t win the election.  The surprise was that it was close.

My brother and my dad in Rio were pretty surprised by this, whereas no one was surprised by 1/6 here really.  

Yeah I think this means bolzo ain’t going back.  There is a lot of scar tissue around Lula but no one thinks he didn’t win the election.  The surprise was that it was close.

100%

The bolsonaristas I know are typically the products of generational wealth. The Lula supporters I know (such as my wife), are typically middle class and educated.