Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

50 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Js1 banned himself from the cloakroom in the past. If he isn't reading a warm blanket of confirmation bias then he's out.

Organized conspiracy? Lol.  Has there been multiple stories in historically Biden friendly publications in the last couple of months that are either damaging for him or outright calling for him to step down?  Yes.  Trump is the only nominee Biden can beat.  If, for whatever reason, Trump is not it, Biden won't be either.  Thanks for coming to my ted talk and look forward to another of your personal insults.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

You’re laboring under some misconception that I give a shit. I don’t. You live in an alternate reality. I hope it’s nice there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Trump is the only nominee Biden can beat.

Dude, what fucking planet are you living on? Watch two seconds of the GOP Presidential debate. Any one of those mongoloids would get absolutely boat-raced by any incumbent President, most assuredly including Biden. MAGA ain't turning out for [I honestly have no fucking idea who is currently in 2nd], and the GOP can't win shit nationally without that demographic now that they've decided to go off the deep end to chase the extremist vote.

Unfortunately, the inverse might be true: Biden is the only candidate currently in the Democrat stable that can beat Trump.

Edit: At least at this stage, with only a year to campaign.

How some of y'all's brains work is truly fascinating.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Imagine being dumb enough to believe the GOP actually had serious dirt on Joe Biden.

They literally said earlier this week they don’t need actual evidence of a direct wire payment to impeach him. Just the idea of one maybe existing is enough. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/28/2023 at 11:16 PM, jimmyjazz said:

It's literally a circus brought to town because Trump is running for POTUS and he needs a smokescreen.

Reminds me of this metallica song:

Spineless from the start
Sucked into the part
Circus comes to town
You play the lead clown
Please, please, spreading his disease
Living by his story
Knees, knees, falling to your knees
Suffer for his glory

Came out in mid 1980s. Seems to describe today's House Republicans perfectly.

For reference purposes only:

Edited by High Plains Drifter
I am idoit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

President Biden Announces an Additional $9 Billion in Student Debt Relief for 125,000 Americans

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/10/04/president-biden-announces-an-additional-9-billion-in-student-debt-relief-for-125000-americans/

President Biden is announcing that an additional 125,000 Americans have been approved for $9 billion in debt relief through fixes his Administration has made to income-driven repayment (IDR) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and by cancelling debt for borrowers with total and permanent disabilities. Today’s announcement brings the total approved debt cancellation by the Biden-Harris Administration to $127 billion for nearly 3.6 million Americans.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

President Biden Announces an Additional $9 Billion in Student Debt Relief for 125,000 Americans

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/10/04/president-biden-announces-an-additional-9-billion-in-student-debt-relief-for-125000-americans/

President Biden is announcing that an additional 125,000 Americans have been approved for $9 billion in debt relief through fixes his Administration has made to income-driven repayment (IDR) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and by cancelling debt for borrowers with total and permanent disabilities. Today’s announcement brings the total approved debt cancellation by the Biden-Harris Administration to $127 billion for nearly 3.6 million Americans.

Every bit helps and I am glad for those receiving aid with their student loans this time around. I think what I hope changes is seeing a mindset of being glad to see others getting a lifeline here instead of people being angry that it is not their loans being forgiven. I mean I could’ve used that original 10k, but the GQP happened so that was off the table. Seeing multiple efforts put forth to give help with what is often crippling debt is cool with me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Jobsgiving eve again in the Stassney household. Just me, my thoughts, innumerable disposable income and a better right arm than Justin Fields. Gotta be honest though, I’m tapped. The energy just isn’t here anymore. Like a lioness playing with a water buffalo, I just can’t get up for this anymore. Club InFlAtIoN has closed down thanks to Joey. Student loans are being forgiven left and right. Blue collar workers pay has outpaced all the rises since COVID. Everyone’s houses are worth more and have tons of equity. Everyone has a hybrid car now. With unemployment so low, the amount of work happy hours crowds every sports bar and takes forever to get a drink. There are just too many god damn people enjoying life and having a good time, and I don’t have the fucking space to do all the cool shit I used to do. 

way to go Brandon 

• Haha 4

On 10/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Reminds me of this metallica song:

Spineless from the start
Sucked into the part
Circus comes to town
You play the lead clown
Please, please, spreading his disease
Living by his story
Knees, knees, falling to your knees
Suffer for his glory

Came out in mid 1980s. Seems to describe today's House Republicans perfectly.

For reference purposes only:

Great fucking song

The chorus and coda are really the most appropriate.  It's about religion specifically, but hey, works for the Rs and their cult quite nicely as well.  And both are pretty much the same anyway.

Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green, Heaven, you will meet
Make a contribution and you'll get the better seat

Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie

Edited by Biff Tannen

Employers added 336,000 jobs in September, the most since January and about double the median estimate in a Bloomberg survey. Revisions also added 119,000 more jobs for July and August.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live-blog/2023-10-06/us-employment-report-for-september

Wages increased 0.2% from the prior month, but wage growth slowed from the prior year to 4.2%

Of course, all good news for the economy is a bat signal to institutional traders to sell and that inflation can’t possibly be reigned in as a result. You will all lose another 2% of your portfolio because they didn’t teach Bidenomics in their online MBA schools.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Employers added 336,000 jobs in September, the most since January and about double the median estimate in a Bloomberg survey. Revisions also added 119,000 more jobs for July and August.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live-blog/2023-10-06/us-employment-report-for-september

Wages increased 0.2% from the prior month, but wage growth slowed from the prior year to 4.2%

Of course, all good news for the economy is a bat signal to institutional traders to sell and that inflation can’t possibly be reigned in as a result. You will all lose another 2% of your portfolio because they didn’t teach Bidenomics in their online MBA schools.

Do You Even Lift Joe Biden GIF by Obama

• Haha 5

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — The Biden administration announced they waived 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow border wall construction on Wednesday, marking the administration’s first use of sweeping executive power to pave the way for building more border barriers — a tactic used often during the Trump presidency.

https://apnews.com/article/border-wall-biden-immigration-texas-rio-grande-147d7ab497e6991e9ea929242f21ceb2

23 minutes ago, elfenix said:

There's also the power of 40 years of conservative nonsense about Republicans being better for the economy, despite all available evidence saying the opposite.

Lagging indicators… republicans have the office in good times, they wreck shit, dems take over when times are rough and clean up, times turn good again and republicans take back control. Republicans get credit for good times while they are in office, dems blame while they are in office. One group destroys what the other fixes. Maddening really. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I don't think people are able to grasp just how unreal a number having a billion dollars actually is.

Say you live at Texas Capitol and have a zero net worth. For every million dollars, your location moves one mile away. Make a million and you're at west 6th street. Make $2.5 million and you're now in Tarrytown.

If you're worth just over $1 billion?

You're in San Diego.

11 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I don't think people are able to grasp just how unreal a number having a billion dollars actually is.

Say you live at Texas Capitol and have a zero net worth. For every million dollars, your location moves one mile away. Make a million and you're at west 6th street. Make $2.5 million and you're now in Tarrytown.

You're in San Diego.

If I had a billion dollars, I'd definitely live in San Diego instead of Austin.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

You're in San Diego.

This is ultimately a huge problem.  A billion dollars is an unfathomable amount of money.  I don't even think billionaires really can grasp it. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

You're in San Diego.

it is 1,300 miles from austin to the whales vagina.  a million a mile as the crow flies buys you to the eastern edge of yuma.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

it is 1,300 miles from austin to the whales vagina.  a million a mile as the crow flies buys you to the eastern edge of yuma.

Google maps shows the distance as the crow flies at around 1,150 miles. As you see, I said just over a billion. I used San Diego because it is a large, well-known city. But yes, technically it would be around Yuma, AZ. Or if you go the other way, you can say Orlando, FL.

Either way, it's a long, long way.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Google maps shows the distance as the crow flies at around 1,150 miles. As you see, I said just over a billion. I used San Diego because it is a large, well-known city. But yes, technically it would be around Yuma, AZ. Or if you go the other way, you can say Orlando, FL.

if you want to give me $150 million ameros, i will take them.

• Haha 1