Yellowstone

RPM

On 12/2/2021 at 11:06 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

His role as Maurice Minifield, ex NASA astronaut in Northern Exposure was always one of my favorites.

Barry Corbin will always and forever be the "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good" general from War Games me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Geeezus, just came to also say I'm done with the internal fighting.  "Just Cowboy Stuff" though, I wouldn't know.  Can they go fight some other people off the ranch, now?  Lloyd is a bad mfer though lol.  Walker had it coming, stfu already.

I'm OK with less Jimmy scenes....I thought they were just gona tease for the 6666 show later on.  I don't want to follow him now.

So how does Walker ever trust Lloyd again? Let's call it what it is, attempted murder. Lloyd was trying to throw that knife in Walker's heart and just missed, thankfully. 

I'm Team Walker on this one and not just because I like Ryan Bingham's music. He didn't do anything to warrant Lloyd hitting him much less Lloyd trying to murder him. Laramie made a choice and she picked Walker. Get over it. 

I thought Lloyd got off very light. The smart move was to put him on the long black train. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I know Beth is bad ass…but she can be a bit over the top sometimes.

Glad the fighting with the cowboys is over. At least I hope.

Her edgy personality is starting  to wear a bit thin.  I get the anger at her brother for the sterilization move he pulled on her.  She should have cut his throat in his sleep years ago.

She really is a miserable woman, unless she's fucking somebody over.

• Hook 'Em 1

so Jamie's dad keeps going on about getting even for what 'John Dutton stole from you!'...

um, what? like what did he steal? 

i mean we just binged this show within the last 6 months and i feel like i missed huge pieces of the story somehow lol. other than adopting him, raising him as his son, presumably supporting him through college, his career, etc...what exactly did John 'steal' from Jamie?? the privilege of not having a father in prison?

i know they had disagreements we've seen about land deals and such recently, but this seems to go farther back. i don't get it.

and i disagree on Beth's anger towards him...it's a difficult situation but i still think she's totally unfair, he was also just a kid at the time and she's the one that put him in the position to have to make that decision. it's not like he set out at 16 or whatever, "i want to fuck over my sister for the rest of here life, i think i'll have her sterilized!"

as an aside...maybe i'm biased b/c amazingly i actually know a couple (family) where close to the exact thing happened about 25 years ago! wife became critically ill and was in dire straits (septic) and the doctor told the husband her uterus needed to be removed (along with an ovary, part of intestine, etc, was a real mess!) wife was totally out of it, husband took doctor's advice and agreed. this happened in Puerto Rico which was probably part of the problem. anyways...the wife basically resented the husband for it much like Beth, and they eventually got divorced about 3 years ago for a number of reasons...but she called me one night in a drunken state when they separated to rant about 'he had me sterilized!' like he set out to do it and all kinds of super crazy shit, and it was obvious that she had been brooding over it for a couple of decades. it was really sad and horrible, not to mention completely untrue (the stuff she was saying) and the things she said about him were disgusting. much like Beth, i guess. 

28 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So how does Walker ever trust Lloyd again? 

No

I'm Team Walker on this one and not just because I like Ryan Bingham's music. He didn't do anything to warrant Lloyd hitting him much less Lloyd trying to murder him. Laramie made a choice and she picked Walker. Get over it. 

He was swinging his dick in Lloyd's face. That shit has consequences.

I thought Lloyd got off very light. 

He did. He also burned all his attaboys.

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so Jamie's dad keeps going on about getting even for what 'John Dutton stole from you!'...

i mean we just binged this show within the last 6 months and i feel like i missed huge pieces of the story somehow lol. other than adopting him, raising him as his son, presumably supporting him through college, his career, etc...what exactly did John 'steal' from Jamie?? the privilege of not having a father in prison?

i know they had disagreements we've seen about land deals and such recently, but this seems to go farther back. i don't get it.

and i disagree on Beth's anger towards him...it's a difficult situation but i still think she's totally unfair, he was also just a kid at the time and she's the one that put him in the position to have to make that decision. it's not like he set out at 16 or whatever, "i want to fuck over my sister for the rest of here life, i think i'll have her sterilized!"

as an aside...maybe i'm biased b/c amazingly i actually know a couple (family) where close to the exact thing happened about 25 years ago! wife became critically ill and was in dire straits (septic) and the doctor told the husband her uterus needed to be removed (along with an ovary, part of intestine, etc, was a real mess!) wife was totally out of it, husband took doctor's advice and agreed. this happened in Puerto Rico which was probably part of the problem. anyways...the wife basically resented the husband for it much like Beth, and they eventually got divorced about 3 years ago for a number of reasons...but she called me one night in a drunken state when they separated to rant about 'he had me sterilized!' like he set out to do it and all kinds of super crazy shit, and it was obvious that she had been brooding over it for a couple of decades. it was really sad and horrible, not to mention completely untrue (the stuff she was saying) and the things she said about him were disgusting. much like Beth, i guess. 

I gotta disagree, he took her ability to ever conceive away, and didn't tell her or give her the choice.  That's a huge thing, and at 16 you oughta know the ramifications of that move.

Performing that procedure when it's life, and death is one thing, just doing it because you wanna protect the families name ?  Yeah can't agree with that one.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I gotta disagree, he took her ability to ever conceive away, and didn't tell her or give her the choice.  That's a huge thing, and at 16 you oughta know the ramifications of that move.

Performing that procedure when it's life, and death is one thing, just doing it because you wanna protect the families name ?  Yeah can't agree with that one.

It is clear whether he did it on purpose or just a stupid mistake? Unless he intentionally tricked her, feels like the only person she should be made at is herself. She probably subconsciously did it for killing mom and all her other baggage.

Agree with most others:

1. Done with cowboys fighting

2. Done with Jimmy

3. Beth's just pulled up behind the ski boat in Hawaii

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

10 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

It is clear whether he did it on purpose or just a stupid mistake?

From the flashback scene it seemed he knew exactly what the ramifications would be, and didn't say a word to her.  His words, "yeah it's all fine" (paraphrasing a bit).

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

It is clear whether he did it on purpose or just a stupid mistake? Unless he intentionally tricked her, feels like the only person she should be made at is herself. She probably subconsciously did it for killing mom and all her other baggage.

Agree with most others:

1. Done with cowboys fighting

2. Done with Jimmy

3. Beth's just pulled up behind the ski boat in Hawaii

Also agree.  I will add

4. So done with Casey's wife (and have been for a long while).  No bitch, that girl isn't nearly whiney enough to be in your husband's weird wheelhouse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Frank Erwin said:

Didn’t Teeter get branded?  If so, why are they kicking her out with the barrel racers?

I was thinking the same, but then thought maybe she is just being moved to another house...place to bunk alone?  But Rip did give her an envelope...so never mind lol

Ranch has some pretty shitty rules.

• Hook 'Em 1

My family 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Her edgy personality is starting  to wear a bit thin.  I get the anger at her brother for the sterilization move he pulled on her.  She should have cut his throat in his sleep years ago.

She really is a miserable woman, unless she's fucking somebody over.

She has been wearing on everyone...family and I discuss the episodes and she is the main downside now as far as characters (even topping Monica lol).  Beth can't just be in a room and have normal conversation or dialogue.  She speaks in analogies, "have you ever head this saying?", poems, etc...and putting at least one person down.  It's fun sometimes, but is it always necessary?  She even smokes a cigarette super sassy in every episode lol wtf.  But I guess the show already molded her into this character and there is no going back...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Csb I met him once having dinner at the table next to me at Joe T Garcia’s. Nice guy. Very friendly.

One year at the futurity (early 90s), they had a celebrity cutting horse contest .  Barry Corbin was one of the riders, and a damn good one apparently. 

I wasn't there so my dad called me, sounding like a little kid.   "I helped Maurice spot some cuts".  I had no fucking idea what he was talking about.   Took me a bit to decipher what he was talking about.  He was a huge Northern Exposure fan.  Apparently, the old man got to meet him when the turnback guys were cooling down a new herd for the celebrity cutting.  Old man was sitting on his horse behind the judging stands and Barry rode up next to him, watching the cows trying to figure which ones to look out for so he asked the old man to help him.   

1 hour ago, morehornsepower said:

Also agree.  I will add

4. So done with Casey's wife (and have been for a long while).  No bitch, that girl isn't nearly whiney enough to be in your husband's weird wheelhouse.

Perfect. Yeah, Kacey's wife has been an asswhip since the first season. I wanted Kacey to put her her in a cattle guard after she was jealous of the other Indian gal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Only thing I can think of is, Jamie wanted to be a Cowboy like his 'dad', John.  He was doing everything he thought John wanted, only to have John decide his fate.  John told him the family needed a lawyer, so he applied to Harvard unbeknownst to Jaime and basically forced him off the ranch to Boston.  He never got close to John like he needed/wanted.  There is resentment deep down that he didnt get the life experiences the other 2 brothers did. And John has not come to his defense when the sister blames him for the mom's death.

• Hook 'Em 1

as for the chicks in the bunkhouse, whether they're employed there or not, it was eventually going to blow up.  not in teeter's case, but the other 2, basically came in as girlfriends and hey, maybe we can also help out around here (um, ok).

in close quarters like that, it will always be a problem.  the other cowboys probably had an issue with walker and laramie groping each other constantly, even if lloyd was never in the picture.  i know i would have, that shit is distracting, especially when they have their own trailer to fuck around in.

back in my bus days, it used to always be 4 guys on a bus + a driver.  at one point, we added a merch girl to each bus.  after about 3 months, i was sent out to "stop all the fucking and the fighting."  there was too much of both, and all because of the merch girl.  #neveragain

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as for the chicks in the bunkhouse, whether they're employed there or not, it was eventually going to blow up.  not in teeter's case, but the other 2, basically came in as girlfriends and hey, maybe we can also help out around here (um, ok).

in close quarters like that, it will always be a problem.  the other cowboys probably had an issue with walker and laramie groping each other constantly, even if lloyd was never in the picture.  i know i would have, that shit is distracting, especially when they have their own trailer to fuck around in.

back in my bus days, it used to always be 4 guys on a bus + a driver.  at one point, we added a merch girl to each bus.  after about 3 months, i was sent out to "stop all the fucking and the fighting."  there was too much of both, and all because of the merch girl.  #neveragain

did you throw a knife in someone’s chest to make a point ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

did you throw a knife in someone’s chest ?

no, but there was a weekly call-in with both buses and i was one of 3 people on it from the office.  during one of the calls, we could audibly hear two guys getting into a fist fight.  that was one of the last straws.  we all looked at each other like, wtf that was definitely peter and drew getting into a fight, right?

and it was 1pm or so their time so it's not like alcohol was even involved.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the other chick is better looking and definitely much more fun 

fify

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Pics of merch girl?

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So how does Walker ever trust Lloyd again? Let's call it what it is, attempted murder. Lloyd was trying to throw that knife in Walker's heart and just missed, thankfully. 

I thought Lloyd got off very light. The smart move was to put him on the long black train. 

Don’t feel like going back, but didn’t walker get a trip to the train station for some reason or another, and someone let him go under the condition that he leave Montana?  Or something like that?   And he showed back up. 

or maybe “quit” the ranch and then came back?

there’s history beyond the blonde, the trailer, and the guitar. 

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t feel like going back, but didn’t walker get a trip to the train station for some reason or another, and someone let him go under the condition that he leave Montana?  Or something like that?   And he showed back up. 

or maybe “quit” the ranch and then came back?

there’s history beyond the blonde, the trailer, and the guitar. 

kayce let him go and rip and loyd forcefully brought him back.  he did not go back of his own free will.

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I can’t remember, but didn’t Lloyd have the girl before Walker did? And wasn’t Walker and the girl all over each other in front of the guys, including Lloyd? No excuse for what Lloyd did, though. 

2 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Did we see a soft side from Rip? Think that he knows the next time he intervenes ol Loyd is a goner.

Except for that Rip said something along the lines of, "The only reason you're not dead .... blah, blah, blah" when Lloyd threw a punch during the last episode.  Now, he drills a knife into the guy's chest and it, "Let's have a throwdown and let bygones be bygones"?

16 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Except for that Rip said something along the lines of, "The only reason you're not dead .... blah, blah, blah" when Lloyd threw a punch during the last episode.  Now, he drills a knife into the guy's chest and it, "Let's have a throwdown and let bygones be bygones"?

Right?  Feels like some pages of this week's script, and that week's, got mixed around.  Would make more sense if the reactions/consequences were flipped in these 2 scenarios.

• Hook 'Em 1