Yellowstone

RPM

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the many piper perabo scenes did a great job to distract from what a fucking clown beth is. 

also her master manipulation plan did nothing but get herself fired.  seems like the airport is right on track.

the kid was the best part of the season, and that’s fucking depressing. 

I’m 2 episodes behind but now curious how someone with “controlling interest” in a company can be fired. 

and, every time jimmy is on camera now all I think about is how he had a serious injury and needed to wear the back brace all the time, then he gets in a truck and Taylor says take that shit off and it’s never a problem. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m 2 episodes behind but now curious how someone with “controlling interest” in a company can be fired. 

and, every time jimmy is on camera now all I think about is how he had a serious injury and needed to wear the back brace all the time, then he gets in a truck and Taylor says take that shit off and it’s never a problem. 

His $100K truck has alligator skin covered seats. He had to get that into the show :)

Fitting ending to a pretty slow season. The single craziest thing for me about the finale is I had completely forgotten about Lee. The fact the eldest son and heir to the throne has not been mentioned since the first episode seems crazy. John and the other siblings just sort of forgot about him?

Outside of that, I was pretty lost. Didn't get the urgency of Beth's wedding. Not sure why this season became the crazy Beth season, but fine to see more of her but she needs 1% of her current dialogue / plot lines. Keep her in sexy dresses and quiet.

3 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Fitting ending to a pretty slow season. The single craziest thing for me about the finale is I had completely forgotten about Lee. The fact the eldest son and heir to the throne has not been mentioned since the first episode seems crazy. John and the other siblings just sort of forgot about him?

Outside of that, I was pretty lost. Didn't get the urgency of Beth's wedding. Not sure why this season became the crazy Beth season, but fine to see more of her but she needs 1% of her current dialogue / plot lines. Keep her in sexy dresses and quiet.

The urgency of Beth's wedding was she was still convinced that Jamie actually hired the hit, and she was going to kill him.  Also, she knew Market Equities was going to find out about her little betrayal and try to get her thrown in jail.  

Still an over the top storyline.  

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The urgency of Beth's wedding was she was still convinced that Jamie actually hired the hit, and she was going to kill him.  Also, she knew Market Equities was going to find out about her little betrayal and try to get her thrown in jail.  

Still an over the top storyline.  

Sorry - first post-holiday Monday ... still not making the connection. Is this just so Rip cannot testify against her?

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Agreed with all of that in my post before esp about Lee.

My guess is the marriage thing was rushed because if she dies or went to jail she wants Rip to be setup/taken care of with whatever is hers. 

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Agreed with all of that in my post before esp about Lee.

My guess is the marriage thing was rushed because if she dies or went to jail she wants Rip to be setup/taken care of with whatever is hers. 

LOL. Obvious is obvious.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

I'll suspend disbelief here, but Beth owning Jamie in one quick scene was a stretch. 

Jamie could easily go to the authorities and turn in his biological dad for the attempted murder of the Duttons. There's nothing linking him to the crime. I don't see how the state puts a case together on Jamie. And would they want to? Jamie is the state attorney general. 

Additionally, if Rip kills Jamie and dumps his body in Wyoming, there would be a statewide search for Jamie/his body. Again, he's the state attorney general. It would be the number 1 story in the US. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'll suspend disbelief here, but Beth owning Jamie in one quick scene was a stretch. 

Jamie could easily go to the authorities and turn in his biological dad for the attempted murder of the Duttons. There's nothing linking him to the crime. I don't see how the state puts a case together on Jamie. And would they want to? Jamie is the state attorney general. 

Additionally, if Rip kills Jamie and dumps his body in Wyoming, there would be a statewide search for Jamie/his body. Again, he's the state attorney general. It would be the number 1 story in the US. 

yeah, the jamie-beth relationship is written about as shittily as something can be written.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

at this point we are going to go a long way just to find out that (my SERIES ending thoughts spoilered in case folks don't want to see it)

Spoiler

the ranch is going to become rez land, stay fairly autonomous and ensure no airport is on it...right?

that is the only halfway decent ending here unless Sheridan decides to have it end with the golf course and public restrooms right on the dutton family house - which seems less than ideal ending wise.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, the jamie-beth relationship is written about as shittily as something can be written.

yea no shit... John wanted him to be the family lawyer.  He did a lot to protect the ranch in the past as requested by John.  He helped Beth do something she wanted to do. And they shit on him...dude is a huge pushover, but would have been nice to have him make a power mover over Beth in the end AND still turn in his father to gain back John's trust.  John has gotten softer also...carrying for hippie and tearing up about Jaime possibly being killed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

yea no shit... John wanted him to be the family lawyer.  He did a lot to protect the ranch in the past as requested by John.  He helped Beth do something she wanted to do. And they shit on him...dude is a huge pushover, but would have been nice to have him make a power mover over Beth in the end AND still turn in his father to gain back John's trust.  John has gotten softer also...carrying for hippie and tearing up about Jaime possibly being killed.

Undefeated

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Kelly Reilly can act? She was one of the few bright spots in True Detective Season 2. She has a very long and distinguished career on the English stage. 

I’m starting to think she’s a weird fit for the show. Other actresses could pull off a devout fan service role. 

Sue Ellen did it much better

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Kelly Reilly can act? She was one of the few bright spots in True Detective Season 2. She has a very long and distinguished career on the English stage. 

I’m starting to think she’s a weird fit for the show. Other actresses could pull off a devout fan service role. 

as i said very early in the thread, i was unimpressed by her in “flight” which was a role that could’ve garnered her award nominations.

counterpoint: 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d24c2486b577ada057b4ca905720e2b.jpeg

This season and the finale were terrible.

Beth is an emotional train wreck and somehow John and Rip seem incapable of reeling her in. I’m sure somehow the writing will spin things such that she wins out over Market Equities in the end, making her look as though she was in control the entire time, which will be equally terrible writing and a fitting direction for this show.

I could rant about everything else that sucked but it’s not really worth the time.

Not sure I’ll watch season 5 unless I’m desperately bored when it airs. I think probably The Bachelor is better written and more realistic so maybe I’ll switch to that if I have too much free time to kill.

I can check in on this thread to appreciate the absurdity without having to actually watch it.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Top 30 Michael Scott Thank You GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat 

i have felt that Jamie has been completely fucked over by his family for a while now! it's honestly my biggest gripe of the show. i mean yes he was hurt and lashed out and almost betrayed his family with the reporter...but gotdamn he ended up murdering her for his family so she wouldn't publish the story, Rip helped him dispose of the body, presumably John knows how that played out...and he's still cut him off, and the whole 'wouldn't miss it for the world' shittiness with the governor announcement, i was just like WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU JOHN DUTTON. 

and Beth...i've said it before...SHE is the one that wanted Rip's baby 'cut out of her' (omg that line was insane, it's like Sheridan doesn't even remember the backstory himself lol), she swore him to secrecy, he was just a kid himself, he was probably already afraid of her haha...i still maintain that situation was WAY more her fault than his.

ugh...yes, the whole Jamie plotline has been the most WTF to me...the character could have been so much more, righteously, like someone to root for even, than he's turned out to be. boo! 😝 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3