Yellowstone

RPM

10 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Why was everyone so somber during the early morning prep for the ride to roundup/brand?  I would think that there would have been much excitement and anticipation in doing this the "old fashioned way".  But I guess artistic license allows for the refelction of bygone days.

It was the breakfast scene from Pure Country. There’s too damn much cowboy work to do to have small talk at the breakfast table. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Why was everyone so somber during the early morning prep for the ride to roundup/brand?  I would think that there would have been much excitement and anticipation in doing this the "old fashioned way".  But I guess artistic license allows for the refelction of bygone days.

I think Ryan is doing a great job of portraying a bunkhouse cowboy.  I want to kick Walker's ass about 99% of the time they're in the bunkhouse, but I've noticed that he's very different when they're working.  When the help was arriving very early in the morning, Ryan greeted one of the guys very quietly and humbly.  I also noticed in a prior episode that he was swinging his loop very gently, just as he would during a real branding.  Cowboys can be such a pain in the ass if they don't have work to do, but you just have to deal with it from a management side, because you need them around.  The guys who are loud and brash around the cattle don't get invited back.  I don't remember whether Bingham grew up working cattle, but I know that he was around that shit when he was young, and he did it in New Mexico, where it's 20-30 acres per head.  He might be the closest thing to a singing cowboy that my generation has.  At the moment I can't think of anyone else with his background. 

Other than the flip-flop of the time for gathering as I noted earlier, I have been impressed these last couple of episodes with the writing and the technicalities, especially from the cattle side of things.  We're ambassadors for agriculture, and I think Taylor has done a good job recently.    

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I think Ryan is doing a great job of portraying a bunkhouse cowboy.  I want to kick Walker's ass about 99% of the time they're in the bunkhouse, but I've noticed that he's very different when they're working.  When the help was arriving very early in the morning, Ryan greeted one of the guys very quietly and humbly.  I also noticed in a prior episode that he was swinging his loop very gently, just as he would during a real branding.  Cowboys can be such a pain in the ass if they don't have work to do, but you just have to deal with it from a management side, because you need them around.  The guys who are loud and brash around the cattle don't get invited back.  I don't remember whether Bingham grew up working cattle, but I know that he was around that shit when he was young, and he did it in New Mexico, where it's 20-30 acres per head.  He might be the closest thing to a singing cowboy that my generation has.  At the moment I can't think of anyone else with his background. 

Other than the flip-flop of the time for gathering as I noted earlier, I have been impressed these last couple of episodes with the writing and the technicalities, especially from the cattle side of things.  We're ambassadors for agriculture, and I think Taylor has done a good job recently.    

Does every rancher get a 25 yr old hippie side piece?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

I liked it. Rip made them fight like Walker and Lloyd. 

If those were the rules he was following he would've faught Beth after ("You know the rules...") and knocked the shit out of her. That might've saved the scene.

Edited by BoomMF
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Yes I'm behind but did anyone recognize the old man with Costner in the office prior to his Governor speech in Episode 1 of this season?  

Yep, good old Buck Taylor, AKA Newly O'Brian from Gunsmoke. 

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 7:46 AM, TrashMaster G said:

Yep, big pet peeve of mine is writers who have a character that they will never let be happy. Monica fits that bill.

ER did the same with Mark Greene. Tortured him with mountains of shit season after season until finally killing him with brain cancer.

i'm still a couple episodes behind...but Andy Sipowicz and Tobias Beecher say hee-eey.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, UT_OB1 said:

Does every rancher get a 25 yr old hippie side piece?

On 12/6/2022 at 11:41 AM, Kennythetiger said:

It would surprise you. Even out here in the middle of nowhere. 

Here in Wise County, we had a 60 year old man in a relationship with his 15 year old horseriding student. The guy , we'll call him Dad of 26 time World Champion Roper, gets caught banging the kid on the regular, but she states they are in love. Long story short, Dad of 26 time World Champion Roper gets a slap on the wrist and winds up marrying the now 16 yo kid. This was just a few years ago. Sorry I was so cryptic. They really don't want people to know Trevor Brazile's father is a pedophile and got special treatment because of his son.

brazilejimmy.png

Decatur resident Jimmy David Brazile, 60, was released on $100,000 bond Thursday afternoon after being arrested earlier that day on charges of various sexual and indecent acts with a child.

Trevor Brazile: One Last Fight at NFR

Hopefully, rodeo's "World Champion" Trevor Brazile, a calf and steer roper, didn't learn anything else from his dad. If Jimmy Brazile thinks that sex with a child is "not a big deal", then he surely thinks that his son's chosen profession of injuring and abusing animals isn't a "big deal" either. Watch PRCA rodeo darling, Trevor Brazile, in action. Check back for the outcome of this Brazile family embarrassment.

According to police, Brazile, who was a roping teacher in Wise County, was having a sexual relationship with one of his students, a 16-year-old female, since the end of 2006.

Sergeant James Holland of the Texas Rangers said in his statement that he was contacted by the victim's mother on March 31, 2008, and was told that Brazile had a sexual relationship with her child.

On June 9, Holland interviewed the victim, who, in his report, told him that in November of 2006, Brazile began touching her breasts and vagina.

She said that as early as January 2007 the two began engaging in sexual intercourse.

According to court documents, the child also told Holland that she and Brazile had intercourse more than 25 times and that Brazile told her not to tell anyone because he would go to jail.

Holland said he then interviewed the child's father. The father told Holland that he had confronted Brazile.

Court documents say that Brazile told the child's father that he decided to have sex with the child to show her that sex was not a big deal, but that he was sorry it had happened.

According to Texas state law, the age at which a child becomes an adult and can consent to sexual activity with another adult is 17. Texas law also states that a person between the age of 14 and 17 may legally consent to sexual activity with a partner who is not more than three years older.

Brazile is charged with two accounts of sexual assault of a child and one account of indecency with a child by sexual contact, all of which are felonies of the second degree.

A second degree felony is punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine not to exceed $10,000.

He received parole 2 years later and is living with the same girl today. They were married.

• Rage+1 1

The tractor supply  commercial singer kind of does it for me

Also, was pretty sure he was going to die as of last episode, and it was obvious this episode as they were making their way through.  But for some reason the scene with the wife and her reaction gut punched me right in the feels.  I mean from chuckling about how obvious and cliche it was to tears in a 5 minutes span. I don’t know why.

• Hook 'Em 1

Been a while since i was in this thread. Anyone else notice if you watch the opening credits, the big bucket wheel is rotating in the opposite direction it should be for digging?  Any mining people here can say if there’s a reason for reverse rotation on those contraptions?

jamie and Beth are terrible characters and John isn’t much better. One note, all of em. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:34 AM, Kennythetiger said:

The last couple of episodes have been phenomenal. Thanks for your contribution. I grew up a different way, the last few years learning the outdoors, being in places like where this show is filmed, and watching this show makes me wish I didn’t. 

makes me wish we could all get along, makes me wonder how it is that the cowboy and the queer woman can’t be friends, hell I ask that question when I’m fishing or camping or doing other things outside with the same types. Makes me think we aren’t so different, makes me think we all have something more important to fight for - the right to have those perfect moments John Dutton talked about on the trail and just maybe a few perfect days in between - and the way forward to realize most of those perfect moments are filled with humanity and nature. We all have a lot in common, we ought to focus on that, we ought to fight like hell for the Earth and those who chose to be it’s good stewards. 

You can call it a soap opera this or that but it’s a good show, requires some disbelief for sure but when Kevin Costner is acting the cowboy part and we see the beautiful landscape it’s hard to see it as anything other than some of the best TV on right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, troph said:

The last couple of episodes have been phenomenal. Thanks for your contribution. I grew up a different way, the last few years learning the outdoors, being in places like where this show is filmed, and watching this show makes me wish I didn’t. 

makes me wish we could all get along, makes me wonder how it is that the cowboy and the queer woman can’t be friends, hell I ask that question when I’m fishing or camping or doing other things outside with the same types. Makes me think we aren’t so different, makes me think we all have something more important to fight for - the right to have those perfect moments John Dutton talked about on the trail and just maybe a few perfect days in between - and the way forward to realize most of those perfect moments are filled with humanity and nature. We all have a lot in common, we ought to focus on that, we ought to fight like hell for the Earth and those who chose to be it’s good stewards. 

You can call it a soap opera this or that but it’s a good show, requires some disbelief for sure but when Kevin Costner is acting the cowboy part and we see the beautiful landscape it’s hard to see it as anything other than some of the best TV on right now. 

Cowboys, hippies, and queer chicks have a lot more in common than they realize.  There’s a hell of an alliance that could form between cattlemen and environmentalists, but I am not sure it’ll happen in our generation. Too many of dad’s and granddad’s social philosophies still hanging out there, on both sides. 

On 12/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone else notice if you watch the opening credits, the big bucket wheel is rotating in the opposite direction it should be for digging?  Any mining people here can say if there’s a reason for reverse rotation on those contraptions?

It was a selfie, and as we all know, that reverses things.

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its not a good show. Jesus what are some of yall smokin. Those bombs on the airplane are still flying, the two asians that fell off the cliff are still dead, and everyone on the show is a piece of shit, including Rip.

it's fine. there is a difference between a bad show and a good show. is it the best TV show ever? no. but is it a bad show? no way.

is it quite watchable? clearly, based on the fact there are 2100 posts on it here.

not if EVERYONE on the show is a piece of shit, but many are...like in real life.

i'm fine watching Yellowstone and 1883 and will absolutely watch 6666 and 1923 when they comes out.

• Hook 'Em 2