Texas Basketball 2023-24

MuellerHorn

31 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Bitch, he's from Texas. I'm guessing not the University of Texas, but he has some drank and some weapons so "Stretch 'Em Horns!"

Lyrics:
Yea 
Aye 

Bitch I’m from Texas 
Where we still ride in swangas and put diamonds in our necklace
Pour drank inside my lemonade til it look like a Pepsi 
See I come from the D where we got shags and we be flexin 
If you ain’t from my state then you should know don’t fuck with Texas 
Aye 

We always strapped we keep our weapons 
My momma from the H she slowed it down for me at seven 
Used to think Pimp C was a God before he went to heaven 
I knew what pushing p was before Gunna even said it 
Aye 

See Z-Ro taught me keep my weapon 
And never trust a Nigga or a bitch cause it’s expected 
No killas from the country they ride horses and throw sevens 
Got niggas in East ride ATVs with Mac 11s 

See I’m from Texas 
We got Beyoncé Trae the Truth and we can’t forget Devin 
Big shoutout to dem boys and I can’t forget about them Texans 
I been feeling like Luka how I ball that shit a blessing 
Number one rule in Texas keep it silent ain’t no telling 
Aye 

And always keep your fucking weapon 
A nigga try me or the guys we got no choice but stretch them 
If he survive these shots at first bet he die on that stretcher 
These diamonds I got water might just go and Johnny my next ones 
Aye 

This Texas tea is what I drink 
Sauce Walka had us dripping sauce, having hoes, and on drank
Young Nation had us jigging dipping ain’t know how to think 
Now I got all these niggas stepping swiping catching plays 
Aye

Thanks. Now I can sing along at every home game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Bitch, he's from Texas. I'm guessing not the University of Texas, but he has some drank and some weapons so "Stretch 'Em Horns!"

Lyrics:
Yea 
Aye 

Bitch I’m from Texas 
Where we still ride in swangas and put diamonds in our necklace
Pour drank inside my lemonade til it look like a Pepsi 
See I come from the D where we got shags and we be flexin 
If you ain’t from my state then you should know don’t fuck with Texas 
Aye 

We always strapped we keep our weapons 
My momma from the H she slowed it down for me at seven 
Used to think Pimp C was a God before he went to heaven 
I knew what pushing p was before Gunna even said it 
Aye 

See Z-Ro taught me keep my weapon 
And never trust a Nigga or a bitch cause it’s expected 
No killas from the country they ride horses and throw sevens 
Got niggas in East ride ATVs with Mac 11s 

See I’m from Texas 
We got Beyoncé Trae the Truth and we can’t forget Devin 
Big shoutout to dem boys and I can’t forget about them Texans 
I been feeling like Luka how I ball that shit a blessing 
Number one rule in Texas keep it silent ain’t no telling 
Aye 

And always keep your fucking weapon 
A nigga try me or the guys we got no choice but stretch them 
If he survive these shots at first bet he die on that stretcher 
These diamonds I got water might just go and Johnny my next ones 
Aye 

This Texas tea is what I drink 
Sauce Walka had us dripping sauce, having hoes, and on drank
Young Nation had us jigging dipping ain’t know how to think 
Now I got all these niggas stepping swiping catching plays 
Aye

That Was GIF - That Was So - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

On 11/6/2023 at 8:59 PM, HookEm said:

Seriously?

OK. Why not.  We had a tremendous off season. We picked up:

• Max Abmas - All-Region PG/SG from Oral Roberts who took them to the Sweet 16. One of the best 3-point scorers in NCAA history. Could be All-Big 12 or better.
  • Kadin Shdrick - Big guy form Virginia. Multi year starter. Should be a significant upgrade on defense. Also 80% FT shooter. He may be the missing piece we have been needing on both ends.
  • Ithiel Hunter - Multi year starting combo guard from UCF. Another decent range scorer and FT shooter. 
  • Chendall Weaver - All-Freshman player from UTA. Yet another solid range scorer and defender.  Will be a big piece of the puzzle NEXT year. This year will probably get <15 mpg.
  • Ze'Rik Onyema - Big guy from UTEP who Terry originally recruited. Muscular enforcer type player who will regulate off the bench

Those are the big pieces.  Dillon Mitchell withdrew from the NBA draft and should be a nightmare for teams at the 3/4.  We also return Tyrese Hunter who will likely be the team leader at PG. He has All-Big 12 or better upside as well.

Finally we return Dylan Disu who was playing at an All-American level when he went down in March. We will likely get him back in December.

Oh and Brock Cunningham returns as well. The best glue guy in the country.

That's all I got from memory.

Serious thanks for this, I haven't been following as much as I should. 

I have one more question. I am getting tickets for my kids birthday to the Wyoming game. What side of the student section area will have have better views of scantily clad coeds? Trying to nail down my seats right now and need to cement his long term commitment to Texas.

No problem. I actually screwed up and named one of our recruits "Ithiel Hunter". Should be Ithiel Horton. Guess I had Tyrese Hunter on the mind.

I also neglected our freshmen:

• Chris Johnson - National top-50, 6'5 combo guard originally committed to KU. Decommitted and signed with Texas after KU added Arterio Morris. (We got the better end of that deal).  Has great size and strength for a guard and has the mentality and skills to be a lock down defender.  Has a long relationship with TJ Ford who has coached and mentored him. Will be an important piece next year along with Chendall Weaver.  Hopefully he will get enough minutes that we keep him.    
  • Devon Pryor - 6'7 SF who was originally a 2024 LSU commit. He decommitted, reclassified to the 2023 class and signed with Texas in July. Ranked #19 recruit in Texas but was moving up the 2024 charts before reclassifying to 2023. High ceiling, young player who will need some time to grow.  Very athletic kid. The sky is the limit and he is apparently impressing in practice.   

In the offseason, we also lost a commit from Ron Holland, the likely #1 overall pick in the 2024 draft. He ended up going to the G-League. That was a painful loss, but probably cleared the way for Dillon Mitchell to return (which may actually be better for the single year we would have either of them).  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Hopefully he will get enough minutes that we keep him.    

I mean, I would hope he was sold on a development year in 2023-24 with Abmas and Horton (and maybe Hunter) gone after this season. I know we wished the same for Morris, but he had other issues that led to his departure. 

Yeah we will have a lot of turnover next year. 

Out of eligibility after this year:

• G - Max Abmas
  • G - Ithiel Horton
  • F - Brock Cunningham
  • F - Dylan Disu

Likely also gone

• G - Tyrese Hunter
  • F - Dillon Mitchell

Returning

• G - Chendall Weaver
  • G - Chris Johnson
  • F - Devon Pryor
  • F - Ze'Rik Onyema
  • F - Alex Anamekwe
  • C - Kadin Shedrick (I'm pretty sure he will still have a year of eligibility after this year, but not totally sure)
  • G - Cam Scott - #37 National recruit.  6'5, 165
  • PF - Nicolas Codie - #46 National recruit. 6'9, 200

We are also a strong player for National #5 recruit Tre Johnson and a few other National top-100 recruits.

And I'm sure we will be very active in the transfer portal.  Hopefully people will relax a little this year. Just expect total chaos from April to July and know that at the end of the day we will get way more than our share of elite transfers.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, HookEm said:

Yeah we will have a lot of turnover next year. 

Out of eligibility after this year:

• G - Max Abmas
  • G - Ithiel Horton
  • F - Brock Cunningham
  • F - Dylan Disu

Likely also gone

• G - Tyrese Hunter
  • F - Dillon Mitchell

Returning

• G - Chendall Weaver
  • G - Chris Johnson
  • F - Devon Pryor
  • F - Ze'Rik Onyema
  • F - Alex Anamekwe
  • C - Kadin Shedrick (I'm pretty sure he will still have a year of eligibility after this year, but not totally sure)
  • G - Cam Scott - #37 National recruit.  6'5, 165
  • PF - Nicolas Codie - #46 National recruit. 6'9, 200

We are also a strong player for National #5 recruit Tre Johnson and a few other National top-100 recruits.

And I'm sure we will be very active in the transfer portal.  Hopefully people will relax a little this year. Just expect total chaos from April to July and know that at the end of the day we will get way more than our share of elite transfers.

Are you sure that Brock is out of eligibility? I thought that he had another year.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This team reminds me a lot of the Baylor teams over the years. Particularly the one that won a national title. 

When you get  3 or 4 guards that can score and shoot it makes your life hell. That Baylor team with Butler, Teague, Mitchell and Flagler was hell to defend. 

I don't think they'll get to their level of defense but if they can it would be nice

• Like 1

Is attendance down? I put the first two games of the season on Seat Geek at $5 and no one bit. What the fuck is that about?

Well it could have been 1 or 2 more has you went.

But yes the opponents have been bad, Moody Center not new and clearly not the level of buzz we had entering last year. Plus football is still holding people’s attention I guess. I’ve been to both!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

On top of getting a national schedule I think Tre (Richard Johnson the 3rd) chose Link academy specifically as a result of the state of Missouri's NIL allowances for high school students once they fill out scholarship papers. 

his name is Dick Johnson III? ok now i’m really sold.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

And for those wondering, yhe difference between Tre and Ron Holland is Tre and family will keep Rodney Terry and Texas in the loop. Rodney coached Tre's father and has maintained that relationship. A decision to go to the Gleague won't come of nowhere like it did with Ron. On top of that, Holland's last year to 6 months saw his profile change tremendously. Some saw him as the best player in the class after the McDonald's practice and game.  Tre has always been among the top 1,2,3, or 4 players in his class so the Gleague advances aren't going to change much between now and when he has to make a decision like that while the opposite was true with Holland.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

And for those wondering, yhe difference between Tre and Ron Holland is Tre and family will keep Rodney Terry and Texas in the loop. Rodney coached Tre's father and has maintained that relationship. A decision to go to the Gleague won't come of nowhere like it did with Ron. On top of that, Holland's last year to 6 months saw his profile change tremendously. Some saw him as the best player in the class after the McDonald's practice and game.  Tre has always been among the top 1,2,3, or 4 players in his class so the Gleague advances aren't going to change much between now and when he has to make a decision like that while the opposite was true with Holland.

Damn I totally forgot about Ron holland till you just posted that. Fuck that guy.