2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

What we learned today:

Chas is an everyday player as much as Bregman and Altuve and not playing him as such is managerial malpractice

The turnaround of Jose Abreu appears to be complete and here to stay. And just in time.

The turnaround of Christian Javier also appears to be real and either he can be fixed or the shopping list just got longer. 

Brantley is likely done.

The All Star break can not get here fast enough

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. (Thanks Rudy. It still applies to baseball too)

• Hook 'Em 8

12 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

On a completely unrelated note, a team that hits a grand slams wins 86% of the time. Which seems very low to me.

OTOH, what's the winning percentage for teams committing three errors in a road game? Must be below 86%. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

Or the cheating.

I grew up (and have been) a lifelong Rangers fan. 

Yeah, I have a feeling you accidentally clicked on the Astros thread instead of the thread of hate.  If this was intentional, and you intend to participate in this thread in a similar manner, I doubt it’s going to go the way you think.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

WBC fatigue seems to continue. Hope Javy just needs the AS break, but dip in velocity on his fb is concerning.

Dana needs to find a starter and OFer/bat. A reliever would be icing but prob too much to ask for the Farm system. 

50 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

Or the cheating.

The “my team’s cheating is OK but any one else is horrible” syndrome is funnier with some fan bases than others but someone who supported the 2010s Rangers whose whole team was juiced to the tits on HGH and roids supplied by their drug dealing all star center fielder has to be top of the list.

Not to be confused with their previous PED drug dealing all star shortstop.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glad to see King Tuck back to playing at an all-star level the last month or so. He was borderline awful in May, batting just .247 with an OPS under .700, and struck out (14) twice as many times as he walked (7).

Since then, he's been raking. .313/.900 in June and back to an even K/BB ratio.

The numbers get increasingly better if you look at the 15-day and 7-day trends.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strat said:

WBC fatigue seems to continue. Hope Javy just needs the AS break, but dip in velocity on his fb is concerning.

Dana needs to find a starter and OFer/bat. A reliever would be icing but prob too much to ask for the Farm system. 

Or at least force Dusty to play Chas more than twice a week. The fact Meyers had about 50 more ABs than Chas coming into this game infuriates me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Astros have a mash unit roster right now and we’re 3 games back from the rangers having the best season in 10 years. Lulzzzz. We even suck and still have a shot. 6 straight alcs, 4 WS and 2 titles and they’re still on the “cheating” shit. Hahahaha. Cheaters would have never made the playoffs the next season. Poor babies.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Glad to see King Tuck back to playing at an all-star level the last month or so. He was borderline awful in May, batting just .247 with an OPS under .700, and struck out (14) twice as many times as he walked (7).

Since then, he's been raking. .313/.900 in June and back to an even K/BB ratio.

The numbers get increasingly better if you look at the 15-day and 7-day trends.

It's all about the gloves

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Really need a 5-1 homestand heading into the break.

Never Settle!!!

I was thinking how nice it'd be with our squad getting family time/ rested up after going into the break on an 8 game win streak.

55 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

The “my team’s cheating is OK but any one else is horrible” syndrome is funnier with some fan bases than others but someone who supported the 2010s Rangers whose whole team was juiced to the tits on HGH and roids supplied by their drug dealing all star center fielder has to be top of the list.

Not to be confused with their previous PED drug dealing all star shortstop.

You say drugs?

image.gif.caf120c26c352588fbdf2950ad06a2fd.gif

• Haha 1

could've been a real hangover game for us.  hopefully it's a hangover game for them now.

for texas to arrange their rotation (and lose a game to detroit in the process), then go 1-3 with losses vs blanco, dubin, and a shitty javier has got to sting.

get healthy, win games.  also if yainer can learn some plate discipline, he's gonna hit 30 bombs.  maybe he can work with bregs in the offseason.  the optimist in me says all these bench guys getting meaningful time will pay off later.  guess we'll see.

• Hook 'Em 3