45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Agreed.  Good read and find Twice. 

I will be shoving the federalist papers quotes down some of my conservative colleagues‘ throats. 

Indeed.  Those are fucking great, spot-on, and COMMON.  FUCKING.  SENSE.

What the GQP knob-slobberers also don't get is that those of us fans of the rule-of-law aren't deterred by their threats of "oh yeah?  Well, what if  a Republican is elected president next and his DOJ indicts Biden?"  So...if there is evidence that Biden committed a crime (particularly committing a crime after he left office) that is anywhere close to as convincing as the evidence that Dotard has....FUCK YES!  INDICT BIDEN'S CRIMINAL ASS!  THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT!  THE RULE OF LAW DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE, AND IT NEVER SHOULD.

They don't get it.  They can't comprehend it.  They can only think of the rule of law as a political power to be used by tyrants; they can't conceive of it actually being applied objectively and equally.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 7:37 AM, Goredho said:

I think they want to eliminate the federal government outside of the military branches.  At least that’s what they want here in red-assed MAGA monkey country.  They are self-described libertarians who view the federal government as disconnectedly oppressive as the English monarchy was in 1776.  They identify with Randy Weaver and Cliven Bundy at a primordial level.

I can understand them feeling they don’t get a return on their tax dollars.  But the hardship these rural farmers and ranchers experience is 95% because time marches on, the world changes, and the only thing they produce or own that anyone cares about anymore is their land.  Yet they feel entitled to a life and livelihood that their grandpa had.

If they ever got what they are fighting for, they’d be without disaster relief when wildfires burned through.  The farmers and ranchers would lose their subsidies and most would fold.  They’d survive, but not as farmers or ranchers.  They would have to sell their farm or ranch and do something else.  The schools their kids go to would further decay, and their kids would get dumber and even less competitive in a world that passed their parents by.

And all of these people would be like:

7poat6.jpg

You on the western slope?  

Still no one has answered my original question and explained how low level government employees and contractors willfully taking home classified information to work at home and keeping it unsecured should be multiple years in federal prison while the Vice President of the US willfully taking classified information to his personal home to work on it and keeping there unsecured should be just no big deal give it back and we're all cool. 

Classified information was jeopardized either way. 

Y'all are either obtuse or gaslighting cunts. You've become what you claim to hate here. Instead of striving for unbiased treatment and application of government you're making excuses for when your team commits a crime just like the idiot maga fucks do. 

I will not do that. If you don't maintain proper principles of fairness and justice in your heart and mind you're not much better than the maga shits. A lot of you need to evaluate your lives and beliefs for your own good. 

• Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Still no one has answered my original question and explained how low level government employees and contractors willfully taking home classified information to work at home and keeping it unsecured should be multiple years in federal prison while the Vice President of the US willfully taking classified information to his personal home to work on it and keeping there unsecured should be just no big deal give it back and we're all cool. 

Y'all are either obtuse or gaslighting cunts. You've become what you claim to hate here. Instead of striving for unbiased treatment and application of government you're making excuses for when your team commits a crime just like the idiot maga fucks do. 

I will not do that. If you don't maintain proper principles of fairness and justice in your heart and mind you're not much better than the maga shits. A lot of you need to evaluate your lives and beliefs for your own good. 

18 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

And, it sorta sounds like you’re continuing to beat that drum in your second paragraph.  I honestly don’t think that YOU think that the Biden case was different.

9230EC89-C027-44C1-B73C-877243D23B01.gif.8fb25ca56102c218a60f85246ceb0d6f.gif

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Are you unable to read or do you simply not want to read?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

And yet our brains see “willful retention” as the crime in the law - and our synapses fire in a way that tells us that arguing “willful taking” would be moronic.  

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You on the western slope?  

No, we’re pretty much at the border of Chaffee, Fremont and Custer counties.  Each is within a 15 min drive of the house.  Chaffee is sane, but has its share of zealots.  The other two are a deep, angry shade of red.

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

No, we’re pretty much at the border of Chaffee, Fremont and Custer counties.  Each is within a 15 min drive of the house.  Chaffee is sane, but has its share of zealots.  The other two are a deep, angry shade of red.

What you wrote sounds like a lot of the people in west Grand county, too.  East Grand (where the resort is) is pretty normal for CO but once you get to Granby and go west, it gets nutty.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

What you wrote sounds like a lot of the people in west Grand county, too.  East Grand (where the resort is) is pretty normal for CO but once you get to Granby and go west, it gets nutty.

Yeah, it seems sort of like a big rural/urban divide, but affluent resort areas with their relatively higher levels of wealth and education seem pretty normal (light blue). If it’s rural and doesn’t have anything attractive to outsiders who bring a cosmopolitan mindset, it’s likely a libertarian hellscape full of people who are convinced liberty’s end is nigh. Summit County vs Park County is that way, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, it seems sort of like a big rural/urban divide, but affluent resort areas with their relatively higher levels of wealth and education seem pretty normal (light blue). If it’s rural and doesn’t have anything attractive to outsiders who bring a cosmopolitan mindset, it’s likely a libertarian hellscape full of people who are convinced liberty’s end is nigh. Summit County vs Park County is that way, too.

Wait until you hear them start talking about the wolves.  Holy shit, are wolves the biggest boogeyman you've ever heard of?  From what I've heard, I'm pretty sure the wolves are coming to impregnate your wife and steal your kids while they eat all your pets and livestock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Wait until you hear them start talking about the wolves.  Holy shit, are wolves the biggest boogeyman you've ever heard of?  From what I've heard, I'm pretty sure the wolves are coming to impregnate your wife and steal your kids while they eat all your pets and livestock.

Fukin furries <spits>

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Uh, don't you have to be convicted of something first, in order to be pardoned of it?  I don't think you can pre-emptively pardon.  IANAL.

John Eastman, Mark Meadows, Mo Brooks, Matt Gaetz, Andy Biggs, Louie Gohmert, Scott Perry, and Marjorie Taylor Greene all sought blanket pardons from Trump following the Jan. 6 insurrection. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because there's zero evidence that pence or biden took the information willfully.  Or retained it willfully. 

Here’s what gets me. Trump was driving drunk at 120 miles an hour and went through the red light and T-boned that van full of nuns, causing the van to burst into flames. They charged him with all kinds of stuff. 

On the other hand, I saw a car with a Biden sticker going to the grocery store. There was no sticker anywhere on the bumper of Trump’s car, but the Biden car driver was clearly in Biden’s pocket. And yet - Trump gets charged with a crime for driving his car, while Biden willfully allows his name on the back of the other car - and nobody charges the driver of THAT car with anything.  And Biden, the head of the crime family giving out the bumper stickers skates with NO charges! 

Y'all are either obtuse or gaslighting cunts. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Negged. You've been given the answer countless times.

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Does he still have a lawyer?

Maybe.

What he still has is 35% of America, eating out of the palm of his hand.  That insane, psychopathic piece of shit that you just listened to in that interview, is a GOD to these people.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Does he still have a lawyer?

After this interview, he may not.

I get why a Stephen Jones will represent a Timothy McVeigh.  I do not get why counsel (well, not as many as before, but still) will line up to represent Trump.

"I had copies of magazines."

Aren't those just called magazines? Unless Mar-a-Lago is the only high-end golf resort with a fucking microfiche.  I mean, Biden age shit aside...do these people listen to the insane shit that pours out of his outer labia throat?  

What in the fuck.  This 35% really is beyond fucking stupid.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Not saying it's a winning story, but it's by far the best defense he's farted out his mouth. 

It makes enough sense that people who are stupid/low character enough to still be republicans can nod and shut the door on the ??? thoughts.

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

If he was here to debate honestly, it might.  He's not.

His bias has been clear from the start when he tried to equate Biden’s possession of documents to Trump’s while not addressing Pence’s possession of documents at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

After this interview, he may not.

I get why a Stephen Jones will represent a Timothy McVeigh.  I do not get why counsel (well, not as many as before, but still) will line up to represent Trump.

John Adams represented the British soldiers charged with the Boston massacre.  He got them acquitted. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated