45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Guy on top second from right was my church deacon in 1968 and has not changed since. Only explanation is that he discovered some unholy secret to immortality and has changed states and identities every few years when the questions become too prying.

He's smiling because anything short of a "life sentence" is the blink of an eye for him.

47 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

When you get your hairstyling ideas from Captain Kangaroo:

Screenshot2023-08-11at5_03_45PM.thumb.png.cb0ef652ee3d93eb2ad5f54871de6b57.png

I knew Captain Kangaroo. I watched Captain Kangaroo. Captain Kangaroo was my friend.

Neither this man, nor any of the other Michigan 16, are worthy of licking the fungus off of Captain Kangaroo's embalmed nutsack.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, it is probably worth noting that there probably are not a bunch of Trumptards in the FedSoc.

These people may not be flying Trump flags from their coal-rolling F350 Diesels, but even if they kept quiet, yet voted for him in 2020, they are Trumptards.  And while I take your point, I'm willing to bet that 90%+ of dues-paying Federalist Society members voted for him in 2020.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

lol i just got a fundraising text from the RNC who still think i live in Amarillo instead of California where I've been happily being a commie pinko liberal since '96

I used a relative's address in Texas as an official residence for about a month before I rented my own digs. That side of the family was up-and-coming in the crime game in the 90s, so maybe that's why people were so polite to me at the job interviews.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Trump apparently hasn’t posted on Truth since the protective order was issued.

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

If he had learned that habit a few years earlier, he wouldn't be facing trial.

Sad Democratic Party GIF by The Democrats

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

These people may not be flying Trump flags from their coal-rolling F350 Diesels, but even if they kept quiet, yet voted for him in 2020, they are Trumptards.  And while I take your point, I'm willing to bet that 90%+ of dues-paying Federalist Society members voted for him in 2020.

Leonard Leo isn’t familiar to anyone?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

LOL, Trump now adds ‘my opinion’ and ‘what I think’ to stolen-election claims: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-now-adds-my-opinion-and-what-i-think-to-stolen-election-claims/ar-AA1f6oE0

Amazing, simply amazing.  That almost sounds like he listened to a real lawyer.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Top 7 answers are on the board.  Take your time sweetheart.  Give me a kiss, lemme grab you by the pussy.  Question is, 'Name someone who looks like my retarded cousin had a baby with one of the Stooges and got a law degree.'  SURVEY SAYS! 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I’ve seen this repeated so not just picking on you, but an actuary would likely say that Biden is on borrowed time.  I don’t think an unspecified Democrat or Harris a shoo-in.  

Trump is not spending any time on trying to win back the states that flipped from him to Biden, and they are clearly moving more to the left as it is.

His strategy of just fucking whining about 2020 is not helping him at all.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I knew Captain Kangaroo. I watched Captain Kangaroo. Captain Kangaroo was my friend.

Neither this man, nor any of the other Michigan 16, are worthy of licking the fungus off of Captain Kangaroo's embalmed nutsack.

looks more like a guy that would video tape an armed posse chasing a black jogger.

image.jpeg.04d873957fa084ab457d677b0f8c264f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

“Day job”.    😂 That orange narcissistic shit stain is so impressed with his presidenting he won’t give up the title. Being told that his quest to be the People’s President is a mundane day job has to annoy him. Bigly 

He's Veruca Salt in an old man's body.

(the Willie Wonka character, not the band)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Trump apparently hasn’t posted on Truth since the protective order was issued.

Once he discovers what Pence and his former chief of staff testified to during their flipping exercise, he’ll start acting out big time.

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Leonard Leo isn’t familiar to anyone?

Leo may have voted for Trump, but he's not a Trumptard.  He's a dangerous, scary Integralist.  These people will survive Trump and unlike Trumptards, who require a particular type of stimulation to be activated, will continue to undermine our country and democracy for the foreseeable future.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Interesting article about the adoration of Smith and Chutkan.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/11/stop-progressive-hero-worship-chutkan-00110769

All the same, turning them into pop-culture heroes only furthers the institutional delegitimization that sits at the core of Trump’s rhetoric. The whole point of an impartial system is that it’s supposed to work the same regardless of which citizen is before the bench, and regardless of which public servant is sitting on it. In a country that’s functioning correctly, there shouldn’t be political passion around the question of who chairs the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who serves as ambassador to Ukraine, or who prosecutes or judges a criminal case in Washington.

I think the article is probably right as far as it goes.  But we have the whole dilemma of how to properly respond to Trump, and, if the polar opposite of Trumpism is institutional legitimization, then celebrating civil servants doing their job is not that off-base.  And, the article kind of assumes that all Trump opposition is "progressive," and I don't think that's necessarily true.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Leo may have voted for Trump, but he's not a Trumptard.  He's a dangerous, scary Integralist.  These people will survive Trump and unlike Trumptards, who require a particular type of stimulation to be activated, will continue to undermine our country and democracy for the foreseeable future.

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/2023/aug/09/leonard-leo-federalist-society-manipulates-free-speech

Leonard Leo is not a Trumptard but he’s just as dangerous as the rest of them with the way he helped shape the Supreme Court under Donald Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Interesting article about the adoration of Smith and Chutkan.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/11/stop-progressive-hero-worship-chutkan-00110769

All the same, turning them into pop-culture heroes only furthers the institutional delegitimization that sits at the core of Trump’s rhetoric. The whole point of an impartial system is that it’s supposed to work the same regardless of which citizen is before the bench, and regardless of which public servant is sitting on it. In a country that’s functioning correctly, there shouldn’t be political passion around the question of who chairs the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who serves as ambassador to Ukraine, or who prosecutes or judges a criminal case in Washington.

I think the article is probably right as far as it goes.  But we have the whole dilemma of how to properly respond to Trump, and, if the polar opposite of Trumpism is institutional legitimization, then celebrating civil servants doing their job is not that off-base.  And, the article kind of assumes that all Trump opposition is "progressive," and I don't think that's necessarily true.

I just came from the NY Capitol where they are literally carving RBG’s face into the building. I think we should hold up good public actors into long term examples. But it seems like this is something that is better done after they’ve completed their work rather than in the middle of doing it. Results before laurels.

38014b7be873b80a089d5aed1807a0c0.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I just came from the NY Capitol where they are literally carving RBG’s face into the building. I think we should hold up good public actors into long term examples. But it seems like this is something that is better done after they’ve completed their work rather than in the middle of doing it. Results before laurels.

Damn straight. Do they think she's dead or something? I literally just saw her in Bali.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So U.S. Attorneys are now "picked" (Trump, the stable genius' words...not mine) by just the two Senators of that particular State?  Not nominated by a sitting President and then confirmed by the whole of the U.S. Senate regardless of Federal District, but just those two folks?  

I mean, I know not every American has the working knowledge of our federal judiciary.....but at some point after he says shit like this like 7 times...wouldn't they all rush to their computers or phones to google it to look for some nugget to own the Libs?  At some point wouldn't at least one dipshit who still had two brain cells to rub together think, "Hmmmm, this sketchy Weiss fellow came into officer under Trump and it looks like the whole lizard people-Senate propped it all up!  Ah, the humanity!"  Statistically out of that many tens of millions, two morons gotta cross paths like two ships in the night and figure this out, no?  

Oh wait, I forgot my cardinal sin.  Always stay sober and stay close to anybody at any event who starts a conversation with, "You seem like an intelligent person, but let me tell you something as an expert on the Constitution."  I should probably quit doing that.

August is going to be hot.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/12/politics/geoff-duncan-georgia-election-probe/index.html

image.thumb.png.fc3cfa465cf34827a55492f72d1915af.png

Washington CNN  —

An Atlanta-area prosecutor has notified at least one witness to appear before a grand jury early next week, the most significant indication of her intention to seek indictments in the investigation of how Donald Trump and others tried to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia.

Former Georgia Lt. Gov Geoff Duncan, a Republican, said Saturday on CNN that he has been told to appear Tuesday before a Fulton County grand jury, to testify about the efforts by Trump and his allies.

The upcoming appearance signals that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is moving forward with a grand jury presentation where she’s expected to seek charges against more than a dozen people stemming from her investigation into the efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Duncan, a CNN contributor, previously said that he would be “willing to testify and tell the truth in as many settings as I possibly can,” in response to a question about whether he’d be willing to testify in any other related trials.

Willis, an elected Democrat, has been eyeing conspiracy and racketeering charges in her probe, which would allow her to bring a case against multiple defendants. The wide-ranging criminal investigation has focused on efforts to pressure state election officials, the plot to put forward fake electors and a breach of voting systems in rural Coffee County, Georgia.

The expected charges would mark the culmination of a nearly three-year investigation, which Willis launched in early 2021 soon after Trump called Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and pressured the Republican to “find” the votes necessary for Trump to win the state.

At a campaign event earlier this week, Trump continued to insist it was a “perfect phone call.”

The charges in Georgia would follow special counsel Jack Smith’s federal charges against Trump over efforts to overturn the 2020 election, as well as the special counsel’s indictment of Trump for mishandling of classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida and New York state criminal charges over falsified business records. Trump denies wrongdoing in all cases.

The witnesses Willis has subpoenaed to testify when she presents her case include Duncan, former Georgia Democratic state Sen. Jen Jordan and independent journalist George Chidi. All of them previously testified before a special purpose grand jury that was tasked with investigating the Trump case, which heard from more than 75 witnesses in all.

Georgia law is unusual in that special purpose grand juries – which have broad investigative powers – are not permitted to issue indictments. When the subpoenaed witnesses appear before the regular grand jury, those grand jurors will hear the witnesses’ testimony for the first time with a narrower purpose at hand: to approve or reject indictments.

As her investigation has expanded, Willis has been weighing racketeering charges in the Trump case. RICO – the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act – is a statute the district attorney has spoken fondly of and used in unorthodox ways to bring charges against teachers as well as musicians in the Atlanta area.

This story has been updated with additional information.

• Hook 'Em 1

CNN dude talking to deplorables on the street. 

"Some think it (the six or seven court cases and close to 100 felony counts) may be a distraction when he's running for President."

Oh really? Some people think facing life in prison might be a potential distraction while running for Potus? I'll be damned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

All of them previously testified before a special purpose grand jury that was tasked with investigating the Trump case, which heard from more than 75 witnesses in all.

Georgia law is unusual in that special purpose grand juries – which have broad investigative powers – are not permitted to issue indictments. When the subpoenaed witnesses appear before the regular grand jury, tho

Ok, here's where I was confused.  Glad they somewhat cleared it up.  

My question now, how is it only going to take a few days or whatever for the regular grand jury to see all those witnesses and their testimony again?  Or does Willis just go "here's what all these people said" and run through it all real fast?

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, here's where I was confused.  Glad they somewhat cleared it up.  

My question now, how is it only going to take a few days or whatever for the regular grand jury to see all those witnesses and their testimony again?  Or does Willis just go "here's what all these people said" and run through it all real fast?

Willis: Donald Trump…

Fulton County Jury:

family discover GIF

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated