45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Sorry for the dumb question...

There are regulations for donations to political campaigns (including disclosure guidelines). Would legal funds also follow these same rules? 

Or has he figured out another way to launder donations from Saudi and Russian investors? 

14 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Pisses me off so much.  Alex Jones deserves hell, but b/c the American justice system seems to lack teeth for the rich, he's, literally, living a life of luxury partially fueled by the blood of those kids.  

I can't believe that cunt can go in public w/out someone braining him. 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptcy-law/sandy-hook-families-vote-to-liquidate-alex-jones-bankrupt-estate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The most predictable human who has ever existed.

I can’t find the rest of that interview for free.  What the fuck was he talking about?  I half expected him and Laura to touch rings and say “In form of Navalny!  Shithead twins activate!”  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Sell prayers for Donald Trump. 

the perfect grift

Hell yeah. 

Bring back plenary indulgences… but then take it for a 21st century crowd funding / MLM / securities angle.

Can you imagine?

We could create a Trump plenary indulgence security backed by the fact that his base will continuously donate $5 every indictment. Then we take that and craft a very nice MLM business in which we have folks selling the securities to the same rubes!

Holy shit!

ANNNNNNdDDdDdD then we turn it around and start the same grift with

Penalry Indulgences to dumb liberals 

A harder grift, yes.

But I bet there’s blood in the turnip.

Enough that when the first grift is starting to wane, we can supplement the cash flow.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Sell prayers for Donald Trump. 

the perfect grift

You all are crazy to think those dumb fuckers would spend money on prayers for Donald Trump.  Now if you did thoughts and prayers, then they would line up around the block to give you their money like they do at the Golden Corral buffet.  

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

If any of you fuckers want to set up a grift fund to “Support Donald Trump with his War on Woke”,  I will legally change my dog’s name to ‘Donald Trump’ and my neighbors dog’s name to ‘Woke’, and do a daily stream of their barking matches for 20% proceeds. 

I'm pretty certain you posted this as a joke, but this is a 100% monetizable idea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm pretty certain you posted this as a joke, but this is a 100% monetizable idea.

Just have the pitch sloot be some babe in a confederate flag bikini and we’re more than halfway there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Hell yeah. 

Bring back plenary indulgences… but then take it for a 21st century crowd funding / MLM / securities angle.

Can you imagine?

We could create a Trump plenary indulgence security backed by the fact that his base will continuously donate $5 every indictment. Then we take that and craft a very nice MLM business in which we have folks selling the securities to the same rubes!

Holy shit!

ANNNNNNdDDdDdD then we turn it around and start the same grift with

Penalry Indulgences to dumb liberals 

A harder grift, yes.

But I bet there’s blood in the turnip.

Enough that when the first grift is starting to wane, we can supplement the cash flow.

This isn’t complicated. 

You set up a website and say for every dollar donated you send one prayer 

Even better if you start it as a chain email. 

10 dollars for prayers for Donald Trump. Donate and send to 15 people or God will ignore your prayers for a week

Profit 

• Drool 1

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Here you go (spoilered for work):

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.50ce9332c9b13f1e873cb63b683294e8.png

I knew a guy in school that was going on a first date with a lady back in his home (small) town Alabama while on break.  He picked her up for the date and she was adorned in a confederate mini skirt.  He had planned on going to a nice dinner, etc.  Instead, he went to Blockbuster, rented Amistad and they watched that, after viewing he took her home.  According to him, she had no clue as to why things had gone that way.  

(I still think he hit it).  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I knew a guy in school that was going on a first date with a lady back in his home (small) town Alabama while on break.  He picked her up for the date and she was adorned in a confederate mini skirt.  He had planned on going to a nice dinner, etc.  Instead, he went to Blockbuster, rented Amistad and they watched that, after viewing he took her home.  According to him, she had no clue as to why things had gone that way.  

Bolded the important part.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This isn’t complicated. 

You set up a website and say for every dollar donated you send one prayer 

Even better if you start it as a chain email. 

10 dollars for prayers for Donald Trump. Donate and send to 15 people or God will ignore your prayers for a week

Profit 

I got you, fam...

image.png.559b675e8299e367b8256b0eb3cef271.png

By to be clear, the real money-maker would be "Donate to name a star after Donald Trump" like that star registry garbage.  

$1,000 name it after Donald

$500 name it after Ivanka, Don Jr, Barron or Melania

$100 name it after Eric or Lara

$9.95 Kimberly Guilfoyle

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

As a union man, it was his duty go after what "holds the South's two halves together."

Glad history repeated itself and the good guys triumphed once again in the battle of VDicksburg.

• Haha 1

So apparently Trump wants to file a "counter judgment" with Engoron, and subsequently negotiate.  Next time I get a traffic ticket I'm just going to reply with my own counter ticket and negotiate with the court.  I bet that goes well for me.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So apparently Trump wants to file a "counter judgment" with Engoron, and subsequently negotiate.  Next time I get a traffic ticket I'm just going to reply with my own counter ticket and negotiate with the court.  I bet that goes well for me.  

I'm assuming this move is worth a good 6 months of delay.  

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bhw87abw2jnh1c78cdf

• Haha 1

Look your honor, what this ticket presupposes is maybe I was speeding.  But what my motion says is maybe YOU were speeding

wildcat.  Wildcat.  Wildcat.  I’m just gonna go right now.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

There’s a song for everything 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

Well, you see, the question of whether or not you can negotiate a counter judgment has never been asked in court before so we'll need to take a few months to figure it out

What about the double and later triple secret counter judgements after that? 

• Haha 3

There is a little known codicil in the American constitution granting the former president and convicted felon Unlimited power in times of national crisis upon reelection.  It is time for someone to put their foot down and that foot is… Dammit, I had something for this

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

Well, you see, the question of whether or not you can negotiate a counter judgment has never been asked in court before so we'll need to take a few months to figure it out

Excellent point.  Have the courts ever  explored the question of the “fingers crossed” or “double dog dare” defense?  I always thought these were childhood concepts but now I am starting to think these may be legitimate legal strategies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just barely.

Goddammit, every day, I am more and more furious with myself for not acting on a plan to rook these fucking mouthbreathing IDIOTS.  The money is just there for the taking.  For fuck's sake, I think it's immoral of me NOT to have done so.

its not too late, 9 months till election to grift these morons and win or lose  plenty of time after

Nope. The trial court judge can just refuse to even have a hearing on the motion, if he chooses.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I was like wtf but now I understand the issue. 

There can be a difference between an opinion that explains the reasoning and a judgment that states the conclusion and operative terms of the judgment. Like the DC Circuit released the opinion and a judgment on immunity simultaneously as separate documents. 

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if an opinion IS the judgment or not.   The test is whether the document in question disposes of all the issues and all the parties.  This is an incredibly common controversy.  

One of the problems it causes is that you usually have 30 days from the date of the judgment, not the opinion, in which to appeal. So it can cause premature appeals or belated appeals.  Belated appeals are untimely and do not go forward. 

Engorons order left some issues open namely the precise terms of the supervision. So it is probably not a judgment.

Recognizing this, James' office filed a proposed judgment for Engoron to sign finishing everything off.  This is not uncommon, but usually the other party has the opportunity to object to the proposed judgment and propose their own. Maybe in NY practice that's called a counter judgment. In Texas and federal practice, that's a weird name. 

The whole mess may add a few days to the time for appeal, depending on when Engoron signs a conclusive judgment. But that's more his fault for leaving matters unresolved in the opinion that we have seen than anything anyone else is doing. 

That makes sense.

To give a TLDR layperson summary: sometimes the court states the basics of how it is going to decide (an outline, if you will, saying "I intend to sign a judgment that does X, Y, and Z."  In this case, it's more than an outline, it's a full "opinion," but it still doesn't "order and decree" anything, which is what a judgment does).  The parties then submit competing proposed judgments to turn that outline into an actual formal, final judgment (which is a specialized legal document that usually has some very specific requirements).  The court then picks one of the judgments (or maybe even uses one as a baseline, and tweaks it some), and then signs it.  And it is THAT act -- signing a final judgment - that starts all of the appellate clocks running.  

• Hook 'Em 4