45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, not per se.  But it is possible that the appeals court reassigns it on remand for any of a variety of reasons, stated or otherwise. If no appeal, that possibility, already slim probably, is reduced

Sidebar- do you personally think Cannon can be assumed to be on the level at this point, and do you think her peers assume she is? Serious question, not going to argue your answer because I don’t have any thing to base an opinion on.

30 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Nah, that's just called a vigorous defense. /Twice

What I keep coming back to on it is that, let's say everyone overlooks it and the judgment gets signed.  Those addresses aren't some sort of Kings X, GOT YOU, FUCKERS! legal maneuver.  Nothing changes with regard to the status of these businesses, which are registered in NY.  James files a motion for judgment nunc pro tunc to fix a clerical error in the judgment, and the ball keeps on rolling.  All they succeeded in doing is making themselves look even more inept and crooked.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, dcbc said:

What I keep coming back to on it is that, let's say everyone overlooks it and the judgment gets signed.  Those addresses aren't some sort of Kings X, GOT YOU, FUCKERS! legal maneuver.  Nothing changes with regard to the status of these businesses, which are registered in NY.  James files a motion nunc pro tunc to fix a clerical error in the judgment, and the ball keeps on rolling.  All the succeeded in doing is making themselves look even more inept.

Yeah, that's what I would assume.  But I'm also sure nothing will happen to the lawyers. Because Sidney Powell still has a license to practice law. 

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, that's what I would assume.  But I'm also sure nothing will happen to the lawyers. Because Sidney Powell still has a license to practice law. 

Yeah, and that's frustrating.  But would you rather he had competent representation?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

What I keep coming back to on it is that, let's say everyone overlooks it and the judgment gets signed.  Those addresses aren't some sort of Kings X, GOT YOU, FUCKERS! legal maneuver.  Nothing changes with regard to the status of these businesses, which are registered in NY.  James files a motion for judgment nunc pro tunc to fix a clerical error in the judgment, and the ball keeps on rolling.  All they succeeded in doing is making themselves look even more inept and crooked.

This. And, no one was ever going to lose their law license over it. For that to even be suggested at this point just adds needless gasoline for the "NEVER ANY CONSEQUENCES!!!" crowd's bonfire.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Sidebar- do you personally think Cannon can be assumed to be on the level at this point, and do you think her peers assume she is? Serious question, not going to argue your answer because I don’t have any thing to base an opinion on.

Don't know. Besides the obvious thought that she is, there are alternate explanations for her "behavior," to wit being dumb/inexperienced. 

One sign she's not in the bag is that she didn't push this pretrial motion deadline, which he moved her to do and it seems they were less than precisely prepared to meet . Maybe she thought that too obvious. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Don't know. Besides the obvious thought that she is, there are alternate explanations for her "behavior," to wit being dumb/inexperienced. 

One sign she's not in the bag is that she didn't push this pretrial motion deadline, which he moved her to do and it seems they were less than precisely prepared to meet . Maybe she thought that too obvious. 

Kirchner had a possibility that she might pursue (although he said it was very unlikely)

@Brisketexan gird your loins...

Cannon sticks to her deadlines and holds the trial on schedule. We have a jury selection, a trial, then Cannon UNILATERALLY DECLARES A MISTRIAL.

We start the whole thing all over again and it's pushed to after election day.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yeah, and that's frustrating.  But would you rather he had competent representation?

This is a good point.  As annoying as this continuance/motion bullshit is, at least stop and appreciate that while time is of the essence...his myriad cases are being handled by that are literally one step above Bird Law.  I mean no Lobo hyperbole, but we're talking folks who are board certified in yes...a little tax fraud, but mainly construction law, insurance litigation, reinsurance law, etc.  Half of them have marks against their bar records and in another life would be on late-night television with a pitch that's two seconds away from a telethon.  

Look at Cannon.  Look at Trump.  Look at his various attorneys.  Did you really think this simulation would give us the best and brightest?  Arguably the most unethical dipshit to ever hold elected office is being represented by barely competent lawyers who probably went to school with Saul Goodman presenting to a judge who in any other timeline would be hosting the Judge Judy spinoff instead of being in charge of real, federal shit.  What the fuck did you assholes think was gonna happen?  There's a fucking Bailiff in one of these trials that's probably gonna get a reality dating show deal out of this.  We are not the country they sold us in Elementary School.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I think you are absolutely correct. No one with half a brain was fooled by the attempt to change the correspondence address or address for service/registered agent whatever that was.  So any lie involved (it's not a lie if that what that address wad with the secretary of state) is immaterial. 

That shit can be anything and doesn't change the status of the corporation/entity.  Example

TRUMP HOLDINGS INC
Texas Taxpayer Number 30117699006
Mailing Address 5595 EQUITY AVE STE 500 RENO, NV 89502-2397
 Right to Transact Business in Texas FRANCHISE TAX ENDED
State of Formation TX
Effective SOS Registration Date 03/03/1995
Texas SOS File Number 0134764800
Registered Agent Name DAVID EPPERSON
Registered Office Street Address 700 N. PEARL ST. STE. 1100 DALLAS, TX 75201
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Kirchner had a possibility that she might pursue (although he said it was very unlikely)

Cannon sticks to her deadlines and holds the trial on schedule. We have a jury selection, a trial, then Cannon UNILATERALLY DECLARES A MISTRIAL.

Anything could happen I guess, but why go to this trouble?  That's about as subtle as a cold douche and opens her to accusations of wasting everyone's time, not to mention it is appealable by the government, I believe. 

Kirschner is a little bit crazy. 

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Anything could happen I guess, but why go to this trouble?  That's about as subtle as a cold douche and opens her to accusations of wasting everyone's time, not to mention it is appealable by the government, I believe. 

He admitted it was crazy.

That said - it's worth the trouble because Trump's only objective is to push all this past election day so that he can "pardon himself." If she's onboard with that then she may just try to do it and she doesn't care if she wastes anyone's time - Trump will reward her (maybe).

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He admitted it was crazy.

That said - it's worth the trouble because Trump's only objective is to push all this past election day so that he can "pardon himself." If she's onboard with that then she may just try to do it and she doesn't care if she wastes anyone's time - Trump will reward her (maybe).

Yeah true, it does push things to the bitter end. 

But if she doesn't gaf about appearances, just push the trial date right now and cite CIPA problems. That is a major Kings X for her if she is inclined to use it because none of the filings are public record and no one can talk about them. 

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

"Are you familiar with Kirschner?

Kirschner does not apply.

Bring this to trial, and we'll see if Kirschner applies. (Client: What's Kirschner).  Please, let me handle this.

Kirschner was in Kentucky.

Kirschner was in Kentucky?

Kirschner was in Kentucky!

Alright, Freddy, forget Kirschner!  What's your bottom line!

Primary residence; 30% of the remaining assets.

What are you, nuts!?!?  Have you forgotten Kirschner?!?"

/obscure, perhaps, but hilarious

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I have always been Debbie downer on this, and I never quite got the angst of everyone to get this thing wrapped up before the election. I’m mean I understand why, but it’s never gonna be wrapped up before the election because they will always be the right of appeal after a trial and conviction - and there is no way he is not going to appeal.   And you will probably have to wait 10 months at the quickest to get the court of appeal to rule on that conviction. .   

Simply put, there was never gonna be a definitive answer to any criminal conviction prior to the election - no matter what judge works at warp speed.

I do agree a conviction could move the needle pre-election for some people, and I’m not saying that’s not so, I’m just reminding everybody that there was never going to be Trump in jail due to an affirmed conviction prior to the election

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Change of venue!

She has no idea what that is.  She's just going to file her appeal there.  And by "appeal," I mean "sternly worded Truth Social post in ALL CAPS."

Edited by dcbc

31 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Maybe Trump should change tack, start using a more coherent argument, like maybe that Sovereign Citizen one.

He has something far more devastating in reserve.

spacer.png

Ironclad Disclaimer Paragraph

"Many people have said it's the best disclaimer paragraph."

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I have always been Debbie downer on this, and I never quite got the angst of everyone to get this thing wrapped up before the election. I’m mean I understand why, but it’s never gonna be wrapped up before the election because they will always be the right of appeal after a trial and conviction - and there is no way he is not going to appeal.   And you will probably have to wait 10 months at the quickest to get the court of appeal to rule on that conviction. .   

Simply put, there was never gonna be a definitive answer to any criminal conviction prior to the election - no matter what judge works at warp speed.

I do agree a conviction could move the needle pre-election for some people, and I’m not saying that’s not so, I’m just reminding everybody that there was never going to be Trump in jail due to an affirmed conviction prior to the election

Maybe I'm wrong but IF Trump can be saddled with a conviction of any sort before Election Day -- and yes, I know he will appeal to the last -- that might be something that a small fraction of voters can't get past. If we're looking at a razor-thin margin in the battleground states like PA, OH, MI, NV, AZ, etc it could mean the difference in November. Right?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Maybe I'm wrong but IF Trump can be saddled with a conviction of any sort before Election Day -- and yes, I know he will appeal to the last -- that might be something that a small fraction of voters can't get past. If we're looking at a razor-thin margin in the battleground states like PA, OH, MI, NV, AZ, etc it could mean the difference in November. Right?

I would really like to think that, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that if Trump were a convicted felon that might make some people consider not voting for him. But who knows. If you believe the polling, it's something that he can't overcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The seriousness of his alleged crimes is easily enough to get anybody else either incarcerated or confined to their home pending results. He was showing top secret documents to just about anybody. He is accused of leading an insurrection. He is accused of tampering with voter processes. 

He's not in jail because the media, for one, clutches their pearls at the thought of an ex-president being placed (gasp!) in jail. Most people in government follow suit. 

If he's convicted before the election, he should be in jail for appeals. He will have been proven to be a danger to the republic. He is not remotely remorseful or repentent.  To this day he remains the toxic presence personifying the most deplorable things about the USA.

His crimes cry out for execution. The obvious cries out for incarceration already. Tut-tutting from Wold Blitzer and his fellow clowns will make a public case about what a horrible precedent it would set. 

Only we on the internet occasionally mention that his conviction and incarceration would be great evidence that no person is above the law. I'm not concluding anything yet, but do rich, powerful white men lead the effort to keep Trump unpunished? Do they want to keep the foul notion and belief that the rich never suffer so no one really expects them to go to jail?

My nascent thoughts don't suggest a conscious conspiracy: more like an appearance of unified action because of common inclinations.

My posts are really getting long. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The seriousness of his alleged crimes is easily enough to get anybody else either incarcerated or confined to their home pending results. He was showing top secret documents to just about anybody. He is accused of leading an insurrection. He is accused of tampering with voter processes. 

He's not in jail because the media, for one, clutches their pearls at the thought of an ex-president being placed (gasp!) in jail. Most people in government follow suit. 

If he's convicted before the election, he should be in jail for appeals. He will have been proven to be a danger to the republic. He is not remotely remorseful or repentent.  To this day he remains the toxic presence personifying the most deplorable things about the USA.

His crimes cry out for execution. The obvious cries out for incarceration already. Tut-tutting from Wold Blitzer and his fellow clowns will make a public case about what a horrible precedent it would set. 

Only we on the internet occasionally mention that his conviction and incarceration would be great evidence that no person is above the law. I'm not concluding anything yet, but do rich, powerful white men lead the effort to keep Trump unpunished? Do they want to keep the foul notion and belief that the rich never suffer so no one really expects them to go to jail?

My nascent thoughts don't suggest a conscious conspiracy: more like an appearance of unified action because of common inclinations.

Bitch please.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I would really like to think that, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that if Trump were a convicted felon that might make some people consider not voting for him. But who knows. If you believe the polling, it's something that he can't overcome. 

“ Yeah, I know the courts have found him liable for rape and business fraud and stealing from children’s cancer charities…and that fraudulent Trump university…and the supporting white supremacists thing.  And the leading of an insurrection at his request, while he stood there for hours doing nothing…… and the stealing highly classified government documents about who we are going to invade - and leaving them in a bathroom and getting folks to commit perjury…..but that is a nothing burger from the woke lame stream media.  

But - gorshahmighty - if the deep state and the crooked deranged prosecutors get him convicted to create illegal election interference to keep him from reclaiming the White House that was stolen from him, that will change my mind….”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Like, 11,780 votes?  But you are entirely correct. This will be a barn burner regardless.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

and IIRC that number keeps going up until he puts up the money or the bond during appeal. 

Post judgment interest continues to accrue, supersedeas bond or not. That is why they are usually 120% or so of the face amount of the judgment (which usually includes prejudgment interest, as it seems to here). 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Especially when the Attorney General sits on his ass doing fuck all for two years. 

• Rage+1 3

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wanted to add that, if the 11th Circuit or Chief Judge were to reassign it, I think it would be based more on judicial experience and the optics of it rather than a belief that she is actually biased. 

But I don't think they would state their reasons.  Patent cases get reassigned with some frequency, I think often at the request of the transferor judge that hates them or with their enthusiastic consent. And the real reason for it is so the case doesn't become a stale blot on the case management stats of the district. 

No set of judges really wants to open the bias can of worms because it could be used and abused everywhere because it's so subjective. 

So, her peers may or may not think she's biased, but I imagine their justification at least to themselves, would be inexperience and the Roberts style concern for appearances. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I hope you're right, but I can't help thinking: he was found by a jury to be liable based on facts that demonstrated in that case that he raped someone. 

8gvq67.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Hear motherfucking hear.