45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

43 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Pretty sure judge and his family are covered by “court staff”, it doesn’t matter, rules don’t apply to Donny. See entire history of abuse 

IMG_0414.thumb.jpeg.0026cb5a765118d192201d2d44856fdc.jpeg

I don’t believe that to be the case. I believe the “court staff” is the court’s staff. Judges aren’t typically “staff”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

I don’t believe that to be the case. I believe the “court staff” is the court’s staff. Judges aren’t typically “staff”. 

Just like how the holder of the office of President of the United States, the commander in chief of the armed forces, and chief executive do not actually represent an "officer" yeah?

Gimmafugginbreak

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He could tweet out that the judge, prosecutor and entire court should be murdered and they wouldn't do a goddamned thing.  That motherfucker is bullet proof. 

I hope we get to find that out at some point.  The tweeting I mean.  Certainly not the last part.  Goodness no.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He could tweet out that the judge, prosecutor and entire court should be murdered and they wouldn't do a goddamned thing.  That motherfucker is bullet proof. 

... although I would love to see that theory tested literally ...

Edited by Gap03
Nod to Biff for beating me to that ...
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Pretty sure judge and his family are covered by “court staff”

As much as I'd like to see him punished for this and a litany of other shitty things, after more than two decades of working for the judiciary, I can say with great confidence that judges do not consider themselves "court staff."  They are the court; they are not the staff.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Judge was basically inviting that Dotard attack on his family by not including himself in the gag order. 

I guess he didn't want to seem like a puss by including himself. Hopefully he now goes Will Smith on Dotard at the next hearing. 

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

As much as I'd like to see him punished for this and a litany of other shitty things, after more than two decades of working for the judiciary, I can say with great confidence that judges do not consider themselves "court staff."  They are the court; they are not the staff.

He wouldn't have been punished in any significant way even if he violated every point of the order to the fullest extent possible. $10k fine and double secret probation or something like that probably. 

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Shitapple doesn't fall far from the shit tree.

Is that her sugar baby in pink? 

Go figure -- GQP'ers making fucky-fucky out there. The Twitter account that MAGA Twitter is saying is Merchan's daughter was created out of thin air. Her real account is actually private and has been since Merchan was assigned the Trump case.

https://thespectator.com/topic/donald-trump-claim-hush-money-judge-daughter-false-loren-merchan/

onald Trump made a claim of so-called bias in his New York hush-money trial on Wednesday: the daughter of Juan Merchan, the judge assigned to the case, appeared to have an X account with a profile picture depicting Trump behind bars. 

There’s only one problem: the account’s veracity is dubious at best, with a creation date of April 2023. Analysis of the Twitter ID associated with the account shows that Judge Juan Merchan’s daughter Loren’s known Twitter account, that she has used since 2016, had its name changed and was set private at some point last spring.

Loren Merchan’s current. protected X account (X screenshot)

The same Twitter ID associated with Loren Merchan’s original Twitter account name, @LorenM426, is now attached to a new name, @LorenM0604, that has a profile picture of Loren Merchan, the same number of followers and posts as the account created in 2016, viewable in archives of the account. It is unclear who runs this account.

The new account, created April 2023, using Merchan’s old handle (X screenshot)

Why Merchan changed her user name and went private is also unknown, but it appears to have happened before April 4 last year, when a Breitbart article about her reported that her Twitter account appeared to be deleted, weeks after Judge Merchan was announced as the judge who would preside over what is now likely to be Trump’s first criminal trial next month. The account wasn’t deleted, however; it had changed user handles, according to the Twitter ID and the archived history of the account.

An archived screenshot of Loren Merchan’s account c. 2019 (Archive.is screenshot)

The new X account triggering Trump’s new claims of bias, however, was created just one day after the Breitbart article, which Donald Trump, Jr. shared on Truth Social, was published, on April 5, 2023. This new account has a unique Twitter ID number; archives show it only posted that first week, retweeting four posts from 2019 and 2020 that tagged the real Merchan Twitter account about her consulting work. Because those tweets weren’t actually tagging this new account, the account name is not hyperlinked in the 2019 and 2020 tweets, as evidenced in archived snapshots of the posts. It appears that the person or persons who created this April 2023 account wanted the account to appear to be the real, now renamed, Loren Merchan account. 

A screenshot showing two different Twitter User IDs to the @LorenM426 accounts (X screenshot)

After screenshots of the new, dubious, account made the rounds of MAGA X, the account became private and changed its profile picture to one of Kamala Harris as a child. The screenshots showed that this new account had 0 followers as of Tuesday, while the 2016-created account currently has 505 followers, consistent with its history, according to archives.

Trump took to Truth Social Wednesday morning writing, “So let me get this straight. The Judge’s daughter is allowed to post pictures of her ‘dream’ of putting me in jail, the Manhattan D.A. is able to say whatever lies about me he wants, the Judge can violate our Laws and Constitution at every turn, but I am not allowed to talk about the attacks against me, and the Lunatics trying to destroy my life, and prevent me from winning the 2024 Presidential Election, which I am dominating?” By 12:30 p.m. an AP story reported that the prison picture account appeared ‘“to belong to Loren Merchan.” Other outlets, including the Hill, repeated the claim Wednesday afternoon.

Judge Merchan issued a gag order on Tuesday barring Trump from speaking publicly about witnesses, prosecutors, court staff or their family members. The order does not include Trump discussing Judge Merchan or District Attorney Alvin Bragg of New York County or their families.

Judge Merchan ruled against recusing himself from the case in August, after Trump’s lawyers filed a motion in May that argued his daughter’s political consulting work for Authentic Campaigns created a conflict of interest. Authentic Campaigns describes itself as a “full-service digital strategy company that works for progressives who are ready to run innovative and unique digital campaigns.”

A call to the Trump team was not returned at the time of publication. State OCA spokesman Al Baker confirmed The Spectator’s reporting in a statement: “The X, formerly Twitter, account being attributed to Judge Merchan’s daughter no longer belongs to her since she deleted it approximately a year ago. It is not linked to her email address, nor has she posted under that screenname since she deleted the account. Rather, it represents the reconstitution, last April, and manipulation of an account she long ago abandoned.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Y'all pay attention.

Trump is about to figure out my plan.

I told you he was going to sell Truth. Y'all laughed.

I told you he was going to start a church. Y'all laughed.

Truth is sold and trump is selling Bibles.

What do you think happens when he finds out Churching is tax-free and the followers don't have to vote for him, they just follow and give?

He's going to have the best preachers and priests. And best choirs and collection baskets.  He doesn't need to be President, except to pardon himself, which he also won't need if he can avoid prison in his felonies. Plenty of felony church leaders.

He could easily have power and cash as a church leader.

As for America, we all have known this shit was on this ice the whole time. Race and Class treatment (and in the name of religion, at that) show the truth behind the facade.

The facade may be one of the best options of the time, but it won't last forever as a facade. We The People better figure it out  

Or maybe it's figured out and those of us who don't know aren't included in the discussions until we're on the ship.

Voting masters in this election, but the foundation supports this as the go forward. The foundation was laid and everyone watched and tested and built upon it. 

To fix it, probably have to dig up the foundation and build again. Conundrum.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Planes require parts and constant maintenance.  That takes money.  Who wants to bet that airplane maintenance is somewhere down the monetary to-do list or that he stiffs the company that maintains the plane.

Edited by dcbc

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

Planes require parts and constant maintenance.  That takes money.  Who wants to bet that airplane maintenance is somewhere down the monetary to-do list?

Yeah but God wants us to suffer so his plane will be fine

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Planes require parts and constant maintenance.  That takes money.  Who wants to bet that airplane maintenance is somewhere down the monetary to-do list?

I love watching Air Disasters and thought the same thing.  But as chainsaw said, this timeline will not allow it.  

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I love watching Air Disasters

I used to fly when I was much younger.  I stopped because I didn't have enough time to dedicate to it, and the last thing I want to be in this life is a mediocre pilot.

I'm also, possibly as a result, not the best passenger (but I do okay).

I do not love watching Air Disasters (assuming we're talking about the TV show).  

/I also was on a Pan Am 747 that lost an engine (maybe 2; I was young and memory fades) over the Pacific and had to head back to Honolulu.  I'll still fly, but it's not my favorite thing anymore

Edited by dcbc

47 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Academics not sold on DJT

DJT stock hits turbulence: More volatility ahead for Trump's high-flying Truth Social

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/03/28/truth-social-trump-media-slide/73131957007/

Is it even feasible (likelihood of turning a profit versus getting caught holding the bag) for people to make money shorting this stock.  It has nowhere to go but down.  So I assume it's the latter. 

/I could read the "dummies" definition of shorting stock fifty times and my rudimentary understanding of the concept would barely move the understanding-needle.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

DJT stock hits turbulence: More volatility ahead for Trump's high-flying Truth Social

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/03/28/truth-social-trump-media-slide/73131957007/

They say the bigger they come, the harder they fall. That reckoning always comes eventually for meme stocks

Meme stock lol

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

All the board has to do is vote to let him cash out early right? 

I suppose, but it will probably let other shareholders sue the shit out of them and if he tries to sell a significant number of shares in a short period, well the share price is going in the shittter. 

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose, but it will probably let other shareholders sue the shit out of them and if he tries to sell a significant number of shares in a short period, well the share price is going in the shittter. 

Not to mention he could take the money and run off to Twitter (Elon would give him a sweetheart deal), which would destroy Truth Social.  

3 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Teri Lynn Roberson, couldn’t care less about the business fundamentals.

Roberson, 52, from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex in Texas, said she purchased five shares of Trump Media at about $72 a pop, right around the stock price’s Monday peak, to show her support for the former president.

“It’s mainly to support Trump and his legal battles,” she said.

jfc

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Roberson, 52, from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex in Texas, said she purchased five shares of Trump Media at about $72 a pop, right around the stock price’s Monday peak, to show her support for the former president.

jfc

We should at least be able to deduct these amounts from their social security checks or something.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

jfc

Might as well have made a donation, she did not buy anything of value.  I wonder how many digital trading cards* she bought. 

*I don't think you can call them NFTs because IIRC, they are not secure and registered.

Edited by TexasEd

On 3/27/2024 at 4:26 PM, Captainant said:

Just like how the holder of the office of President of the United States, the commander in chief of the armed forces, and chief executive do not actually represent an "officer" yeah?

Gimmafugginbreak

The obvious is soooo passé.