45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

15 hours ago, dcbc said:

Is it even feasible (likelihood of turning a profit versus getting caught holding the bag) for people to make money shorting this stock.  It has nowhere to go but down.  So I assume it's the latter. 

/I could read the "dummies" definition of shorting stock fifty times and my rudimentary understanding of the concept would barely move the understanding-needle.

Very feasible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Slacks said:

So, isn't he going to be able to get a loan on his stock now that's he's actually a billionaire on paper?

nobody's accepting that pink sheet shit as collateral. he's either got to produce cash or sell his shit.

• Hook 'Em 5

33 minutes ago, The Dog said:

nobody's accepting that pink sheet shit as collateral. he's either got to produce cash or sell his shit.

I bet someone will launder money on it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

This.  Using the stock as collateral is not a play -- nobody will accept a meme-stock as collateral.

29 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I bet someone will launder money on it.

THIS is the play.  It's just a classic money-laundering plan to get around campaign finance laws.  Truth Social Board waives the restriction on DJT selling his stock.  He sells it all to Yass at its currently inflated price, with the result being that Yass just gave DJT a few billion dollars for some stock that is ACTUALLY worthless, but on paper, he'll claim was an arms-length transaction for value.  And the result of that will be that Yass will have full legal title and ownership in the next President of the United States.

This was always going to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  Using the stock as collateral is not a play -- nobody will accept a meme-stock as collateral.

THIS is the play.  It's just a classic money-laundering plan to get around campaign finance laws.  Truth Social Board waives the restriction on DJT selling his stock.  He sells it all to Yass at its currently inflated price, with the result being that Yass just gave DJT a few billion dollars for some stock that is ACTUALLY worthless, but on paper, he'll claim was an arms-length transaction for value.  And the result of that will be that Yass will have full legal title and ownership in the next President of the United States.

This was always going to happen.

He's not going to rip off Yass (because Yass won't go for it - he's already done his part). Yass isn't going to lose billions for him (he's greedy first; not MAGA first).

Trump will dump his shares and wipe out the MAGA suckers who bought the stock.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He's not going to rip off Yass (because Yass won't go for it - he's already done his part). Yass isn't going to lose billions for him (he's greedy first; not MAGA first).

Trump will dump his shares and wipe out the MAGA suckers who bought the stock.

Shit, he doesn't even have to sell all of it to Yass.  Sell $500 million to Yass, so he can post his bond.  Sell the rest to gullible rubes in flyover country.

If you can buy outright, with full legal title, the President of the United States for the low low low price, we must be CRAZY, we're practically GIVING THEM AWAY! of $500 million, you do that every fucking time the offer presents itself.  It's a no-brainer.  You just bought the most powerful asset on the planet for fucking pocket change.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

b25ad2ef-bfa9-43c4-aae6-81749b3173a9_tex

I'm picturing Eric and some Russians and shady bankers.  "How fucking lame are we...we're looking up 'Money Laundering' in the dictionary?"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, he doesn't even have to sell all of it to Yass.  Sell $500 million to Yass, so he can post his bond.  Sell the rest to gullible rubes in flyover country.

If you can buy outright, with full legal title, the President of the United States for the low low low price, we must be CRAZY, we're practically GIVING THEM AWAY! of $500 million, you do that every fucking time the offer presents itself.  It's a no-brainer.  You just bought the most powerful asset on the planet for fucking pocket change.

If he buys 500 million worth, and it tanks, and he then sells it for 50 million, does he get a 450 million tax write off/income offset?  So how much would it really cost him?

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I dunno, seems like it'd definitely turn into another Jeffrey Epstein kind of island. 

But if it's a sovereign country sort of thing, we could declare war.

On 3/29/2024 at 4:45 PM, Brisketexan said:

Burisma BOD wants to know why you’d spend 50x the going rate. 

16 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

image.thumb.png.7181b8b2ff876375e3e8fa01876b1ff8.png

I'm sure his wife, children, and grandchildren all appreciate his warm words on this holiest of days. 

Think how numb we all are to this, that this absolutely insane diatribe won't even be news.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

This bit where he says happy [holiday] to all, including [buzzword rant on Biden family and prosecutors] is getting pretty funny. 

I wonder if he just types up the rant, and someone who knows that it’s a holiday adds the preface. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

image.thumb.png.7181b8b2ff876375e3e8fa01876b1ff8.png

As a Christian this doesn’t bother me at all.  What does upset me is all those trans people wanting equal rights and ruining the sanctity of the holiest of days.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm sure his wife, children, and grandchildren all appreciate his warm words on this holiest of days. 

Think how numb we all are to this, that this absolutely insane diatribe won't even be news.

If the good guys win and MAGA is defeated, and our national politics return to some semblance of normalcy (a huge if), it's going to be absolutely insane to look back on Trump years from now. If we lose shit will just get worse, though perhaps never quite as bizarre as the Trump era. 

Either way, there are going to be a shitload of Trump movies and shows coming out for years. 

• Hook 'Em 1